Game running like in "slow motion"

[_eSports]GeneralFailure

Edited 7 July 2016 - 5:09 pm by [_eSports]GeneralFailure
Hi all.

I was hoping at least one of you will be able to help me here. Few days ago (not sure when, and I'm pretty much confident I did not install anything new on my comp) my game started to "lag" but not that kind of lag we all love and miss when it's not there, but the kind where my game moves like it's in slow motion. I can't move my army, I can forget any kind of micro, even moving my mouse from i.e. TC to barracks is impossible. This game might show you all what I am dealing with.

Anyway.. I approached the problem systematically:

1. First I taught it was RAM issue and I even bought 8GB of additional RAM, but unfortunately for me that is not it.
2. I removed AoC, Steam and Voobly (I had installed HD version of the game which I purchased via Steam)
3. ran CCleaner and Disk Defraggler
4. I re-installed original game from CD's (Age Of Kings and The Conquerors Expansion
5. Re-installed Voobly and launched the game to get "everything from Voobly installed) -> the game worked
6. Ran spyware / malware check with SuperAntiSpyware and Malawarebytes (found two minor issues and fixed them)
7. Ran IntelProcessor Diagnostic Tool 64bit (no issues found)
8. Ran CCleaner and Defraggler again

Nothing that I just described works... game is still "laggy" and impossible to play. It's approximately playable while on low population (Dark, Feudal age) but when people start going Imperial and where sh#t starts happening it lags.

CPU temp is around 50 degrees Centigrade, and when playing I noticed spikes for being used 99%. When I don't play it runs at around 10% of it's power.
HDD health is good (green) and they are at around 45 degrees C.

My system is as follows:
CPU: Intel Pentium G2120 @ 3,10 GHz
RAM: 12 GB Dual channel DDR3
Motherboard: Gigabite GA B75N
Graphics: Integrated on motherboard - Intel HD graphics

I have 20 upload / 20 download optic fiber internet connection.

Seriously, I have no idea what is wrong. Everything I tried failed and I'm asking you if you have similar experience to help me.

Thanks in advance for the help!

GF
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 7 July 2016 - 6:11 pm
Welcome to Voobly%20Favicon.png Technical Support forums!

From your game lobby at top "Options" run "Game Diagnostics..." and post back your log details down here.

Let's get start from there. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_eSports]GeneralFailure

Posted 7 July 2016 - 6:15 pm
Here:

Non-DirectPlay game path is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II'
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll' exists...
Success!
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe' exists...
Success!
Voobly path is 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly'
Game version is '1.0C-VLY'
Verifying 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1_p1.dll' exists...
Success!
Checking DirectPlay libraries...
Looking for dpwsockx.dll...
Looking for dplayx.dll...
'c:\windows\system32\dplayx.dll' size: 220160 bytes
DirectPlay Init Success!
Scanning installed DirectPlay games...
Age of Empires II
Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion [found]
Game was found in DirectPlay registry!
DirectPlay play thinks the game is installed at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II'
DirectPlay command line is 'lobby'
DirectPlay play thinks the game exe is at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\Age2_X1\age2_x1.exe'
Verifying file exists... Success!
DirectPlay play thinks the language dll is at 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\language_x1.dll'
Verifying file exists... Success!
Scanning 'c:\program files (x86)\voobly\gamedata\AOC\age2_x1.exe'
Success!

Everything looks fine. DirectPlay is configured and the game was found on your harddrive. If you still have problems try rejoining the lobby or restarting your computer.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 7 July 2016 - 7:32 pm
Thanks for that. Well, first I wanna suggest you just three things and thereafter see how your overall game performance works.

1. Recommended Game Settings:
Host / Join any game room and set your game settings exactly as shown in the image below.

2. Game Registry Edit:
  1. Go to your 7nyu00p5cdj5t302bgrz2jf7cjw95gpbStart menu, search... "Regedit" and open that as administrator (Right-click).
  2. Explore this following path:
    - Hkey_local_machine/Software/Wow6432Node/Microsoft/DirectPlay/Applications/Age of Empires II - The Conquerors Expansion.
  3. Next, from the right pane list, Double click CommandLine to open it for editing.
  4. In the Value data box, type the following command line parameter: SystemMemory after the existing Lobby text and space (Syntax: Lobby SystemMemory) and then click OK.

3. Disable - DirectDraw Hardware Acceleration:
  1. [You must login to view link] this DxTool and execute as administrator (Right-click). and, Uncheck Use DirectDraw Hardware Acceleration.
  2. Once you done, just give a system restart and try your game.
FYI; Hereby doing this process your system integrated on board GPU memory work load will shift to the CPU.

Hope this helps, have fun!
You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_eSports]GeneralFailure

Posted 7 July 2016 - 8:09 pm
Hey!

Did everything you wrote and tested the game with 3 friends .. Death match 250 pop, went full pop and everything seemed OK. Will try again tomorrow in a normal 4v4 BF game.

If this works I owe you a beer mate!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 7 July 2016 - 8:17 pm
A-OK mate.
You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_eSports]GeneralFailure

Posted 8 July 2016 - 9:23 am
Cavin thank you very much!
Played a game last night and everything went smoothly. I don't know what happened with the settings / computer to behave like that, but I'm glad it is fixed now.

In addition to what you wrote I changed one more setting:

For Windows 7:
Computer -> right click and select Properties -> Advanced system settings -> Advanced tab -> Performance settings -> under visual effects select "Adjust for best performance"

For Windows 10:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NkHjRKFUnNc

Thanks again, and beer on me if/when we meet :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Edited 8 July 2016 - 3:18 pm by Cavin
Glad! Enjoy your time on Voobly.

[ Thread Closed. ]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 8 out of 8 posts