Moral high ground

PantsRDragon

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 16 March 2016 - 1:58 am
I know because the games were streamed, and also people told me about it...and it's really irritating that you're still at it 1 month later and you do it at the same time that you're using a mod that does 99% the same thing at that very moment.
Link | Reply | Quote
 PantsRDragon

Edited 16 March 2016 - 2:04 am by PantsRDragon
This will be my last reply in this topic, as again I really couldn't care less what mods people use, even if it were to cost me the game in the end it's still a game and I would of enjoyed it. Saying that it's ok because it was on voobly mods is really a lame excuse. For instance when I showed eclipse (known cba player) a screenshot of my game when it crushed yesterday because voobly had some problems, he immediatly asked me what was that thing over the grass all over the map (talking about grid mod) and I explained it to him that it's in the voobly's mod page. Now if one of the very best cba players doesn't know about that, what makes you think that the majority of the CS players do who aren't half as good as eclipse? There is absolutely no ethical difference, the difference is just in how far you're willing to go. You can counter damian making a mod by making a mod yourself, everyone knows you can do it if you know that voobly has mods (which supposedly you do when people use short walls). In both cases you go out of your way and both mods are almost identical.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Faravafart

Posted 16 March 2016 - 2:05 am
Dot get it into your head... Damian isnt a victim... Eot wasent going out of our way to harass him... he was being a **** through most of it... even accusing us of cheating and asking army to ip a player because we used Eddy in the 1v1 random decider with a map list that has a lot of his strengths in it. In typical fashion 7th acting like the victims.

If a mod was used no one in Eot knew about it except for Drew who can talk for himself... and I can assure you from knowing him for years we had full confidence in winning khanz in a 2v2 format vs your clan without having to cheat or gain an advantage to do it... and I know for a fact if he used it, it wasent for that purpose as well... Damians was purely for an advantage purpose and luckily he was caught long before it became an issue in TIW.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Faravafart

Posted 16 March 2016 - 2:08 am
This will be my last reply in this topic, as again I really couldn't care less what mods people use, even if it were to cost me the game in the end it's still a game and I would of enjoyed it. Saying that it's ok because it was on voobly mods is really a lame excuse. For instance when I showed eclipse (known cba player) a screenshot of my game when it crushed yesterday because voobly had some problems, he immediatly asked me what was that thing over the grass all over the map (talking about grid mod) and I explained it to him that it's in the voobly's mod page. Now if one of the very best cba players doesn't know about that, what makes you think that the majority of the CS players do who aren't half as good as eclipse? There is absolutely no ethical difference, the difference is just in how far you're willing to go. You can counter damian making a mod by making a mod yourself, everyone knows you can do it if you know that voobly has mods (which supposedly you do when people use short walls). In both cases you go out of your way and both mods are almost identical.
How dont you get this and how are you still comparing the two?

Damians self made mod which can be used for 100's of different ways to gain an advantage.. which isnt known by any player except Damian.

Vs short walls that has no real advantage in most maps in all honesty... and is well known across voobly and used by many on the client.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]RedRuM__

Edited 16 March 2016 - 2:15 am by [7th]RedRuM__
Playing khans with altered walls isn't cheating but being able to kill blocked towers is. That Ideot logic. Last time I checked khans is all about the walls. For the record I think both are lame.
Link | Reply | Quote
 xEddy

Posted 16 March 2016 - 2:26 am
I'm pretty sure no one knows who the **** this eclipse guy is rofl
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Group: Silver Membership
Posted 16 March 2016 - 2:29 am
Ok here are my 5 cents:

I think its not only as lame as what Damian did but even worse due to three reasons:
- It was used in a tournament and not in a casual game.
- Drews team has won the match at the end while Damian still lost the match where he got caught.
- After Damian was caught there was a long debate about it so the rules should have been clear after that.

But, like several people already said Damian didnt use a Mod, he changed the files in his aoc folder while the Short Walls are a mod available for everyone which is a bit different. Furthermore, I know Drews personality and I find this as surprising as finding out that Damian used something similar, so not really surprising to me. In the end 7th won the round vs Eot so its all good but I would like to see mods like that banned in the future, at least for tournaments. And lets all be honest, this doesnt make Drew any better, does it?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Faravahar

Posted 16 March 2016 - 2:30 am
Eot hackers
Link | Reply | Quote
 1_

Posted 16 March 2016 - 2:32 am
xEddy wrote:
I'm pretty sure no one knows who the **** this eclipse guy is rofl

In my honest opinion I highly believe that removing your head from your ass would very greatly help you start to see and realize more things. Just trying to give some friendly tips :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]GhostfaceKillah

Edited 16 March 2016 - 2:36 am by [Eot_]GhostfaceKillah
Guess I'll respond. But firstly; Dot, why wasn't you there to play? You seem to always be claiming you're a top 1v1 khans player... yet anytime theres a competitive game going down you aint here (not saying the 2v2, but surely you guys would of thought charlie does 1v1) Anyways, enough of the '**** talking.'

Also, please don't try to compare me to Damian... i know you're a bit simple dot, but even you aint been skull****ed that many times to still have some braincells knocking about.

Yeah, i use Small Walls mod for RM and purely for cosmetic purposely. I know some members of 7th use it too.
I use a number of visual mods too. I can show you if you like. I also use real farms and small wood... makes the game look better.
I prefer to play RM over CS and tend to play that when i log on. I use it for RM cause I don't want to see 50 layers of walls all over the screen when people are walling.

@Efkan + Scar. If you think i was unfair then Im sorry. I did not mean to use it in any unfair advantage and small walls actually would be negative in most CS games. I just totally forgot about it. It wasnt meant for any unfair advantage from my part.
And efkan, you've knew me many years now and ive never been unfair regardless of how much we hate each other now.

NOW TO MY MAIN POINT

So, dot... you think that using grey grid mod isn't helping you? ****. It obviously is.
Grey grid mod is purely for helping people lay foundations of buildings and knowing how much gaps you have.
It also helps with other stuff which would be beneficial.... so i mean, posting this is amazing after you admit you use a mod for unfair gains... At least the mod i use is for cosmetic purposes in RM... you use it for CBA to help you build better
Also, bit rich coming from a guy who uses macros as well....

Malte... you use macros do you not? Which after ONE click you get all fully loaded stables? Why are you posting for? To show what?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Faravahar

Posted 16 March 2016 - 2:36 am
I will say briefly that I am sorry that this was an issue in this game... I do not use short walls nor was aware it was being used... we have been testing since this thread was brought to our attention and can see that the chances of hitting that wall are very slim.

The huge difference is that short walls is a game mod that is advertised and promoted by Voobly to be used in games. What Damian was doing was modifying his own personal data against others knowledge to gain a hidden advantage. The tower mod could be only one of many modifications.

I do not condone using short walls and am pretty mad it was used in this game. But please don't compare the two like they are equal comparisons... what Dave and Sean said pretty much sums up my view as well.
Hey monkey, you abuse map bugs to crash Fury Blood games and Drew used combohack throughout Zone and Gamepark. Shut up.
Link | Reply | Quote
 xEddy

Posted 16 March 2016 - 2:36 am
1_ wrote:
In my honest opinion I highly believe that removing your head from your ass would very greatly help you start to see and realize more things. Just trying to give some friendly tips :)

Cyka blyat
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]GhostfaceKillah

Edited 16 March 2016 - 2:40 am by [Eot_]GhostfaceKillah
Faravahar wrote:
Hey monkey, you abuse map bugs to crash Fury Blood games and Drew used combohack throughout Zone and Gamepark. Shut up.

Lets not lie please... anyone who knows me knows you're lying. Quite ironic being called a hacker by probably the biggest hacker/cheat on Voobly.

Firstly, I never played on Gamepark....
Secondly, I never even knew you on Zone...

I'd love to know what evidence you have for these claims? I'd love to know.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Faravafart

Posted 16 March 2016 - 2:39 am
Faravahar wrote:
You're the most known cheater/hacker currently still playing and everyone knows that... No idea why you're throwing around dumb accusations without any proof when you have the rep you do.. get a ****ing clue.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Zanchy____

Edited 16 March 2016 - 2:42 am by [Eot_]Zanchy____
Ok here are my 5 cents:

I think its not only as lame as what Damian did but even worse due to three reasons:
- It was used in a tournament and not in a casual game.
- Drews team has won the match at the end while Damian still lost the match where he got caught.
- After Damian was caught there was a long debate about it so the rules should have been clear after that.

But, like several people already said Damian didnt use a Mod, he changed the files in his aoc folder while the Short Walls are a mod available for everyone which is a bit different. Furthermore, I know Drews personality and I find this as surprising as finding out that Damian used something similar, so not really surprising to me. In the end 7th won the round vs Eot so its all good but I would like to see mods like that banned in the future, at least for tournaments. And lets all be honest, this doesnt make Drew any better, does it?

your 5 cents aren't appreciated

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]3456
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 84 posts