Rogue Spear on Windows 8

Coltz88

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 15 April 2015 - 8:15 pm
Hi there, I installed Rogue Spear and the patch but the game won't run. Does anyone know how to get Rogue Spear to run on Windows 8?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Coltz88

Posted 16 April 2015 - 6:40 am
Ok, I followed the instructions on a previous thread and put the full screen entry to FALSE, put reduced color, 16 bit and run as administrator. I also install the 2.05 patch. However, every time I try to run the game it tells me the EAX.DLL file is missing and to re-install the program. I re-installed the game and it still didn't work. I found a file "EAX Unified" and ran it but the game still says the file is missing. Can anyone help?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Coltz88

Edited 17 April 2015 - 5:32 am by Coltz88
I think I was able to solve the missing EAX file issue. I downloaded the missing EAX from a link at this site: [You must login to view link] However, the file is for Vista/Windows 7, not Windows 8. When I run Rogue Spear now a small window with a black screen comes up but Windows says "RogueSpear.exe has stopped working". If anyone knows how to help, it would be appreciated! I see people playing online and I would like to join!

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts