The Great Random Ladder Thread

HidingBeyond

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 12 March 2015 - 7:23 pm
Masta, I liked the edit that a player gets completely destroyed when his castle dies in herofest.
And i think u can fix the camp factor by enabling siege workshops/rams.

In my experience when two players of +/- same skill play the map, the first part of the game consists of getting a steady base with bbt's, and then trying to push the enemy base with bbt's. This stage stops when both have so many bbt's up that you can't push anymore without feeding massively. IMO this is mostly around like 400-500 kills ( you feed a lot at the start). So imo if u lower the kills you need to spawn khans (to like 700 or something), you'll up the chance that one of both players gets khans before a BBT stand is reached.
The siege rams would work imo cause they are perfect cover against BBT's, the only way the enemy could defend is by using his heroes, and thereby feeding.
This seems to work in cba hero. I think if you'd unable siege rams in cba hero the map would die as well cause of bbt camping.

So basically i hope you give enabling the siege rams a try, i like the map and would like to see it more often. I'm not sure it would work as there's probably still ways to camp, but i'd happily test it if u edit it.

OK I'll try that.

I'll need to limit them somehow though. Throwing this out:

Raze resource rewards. Eg.. 500 gold/wood/stone/food for each raze. I'd remove the mid incentive and start all resources at 15000. I remove the later game resource bonus. I disable market and thus you have to push to get more res and thus the more you raze the more res you have to push further.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 12 March 2015 - 8:34 pm
Barry I love you, but you ruined herofest ;flowers
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Psilo

Posted 12 March 2015 - 8:35 pm
Barry you seriously are screwing up most maps you touch. Try conferring with people before you do these things.
Link | Reply | Quote
 CreativZero

Posted 12 March 2015 - 8:51 pm
I think once every 2 weeks or month maps should be voted on (which should be added/removed from ladder), the same thing with changes to the maps. I don't think it makes sense for 1 or 2 people to decide for everyone.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 12 March 2015 - 8:52 pm
I just dont understand why maps have to be changed (edited) to begin with. Herofests' all techs I understand, but the other stuff + other map edits?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Faravahar

Edited 13 March 2015 - 6:02 am by Faravahar
I don't even feel like playing AoC when I get on the PC now, the ladder has taken 3 steps backwards with the most recent update. Screwed up Herofest, Europe which one clan uses solely for free points, unfair KM which people who join the game fast will almost always be on the losing side of to name a few major problems.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Polaris_

Posted 13 March 2015 - 6:16 am
Faravahar wrote:
I don't even feel like playing AoC when I get on the PC now, the ladder has taken 3 steps backwards with the most recent update. Screwed up Herofest, Europe which one clan uses solely for free points, unfair KM which people who join the game fast will almost always be on the losing side of to name a few major problems.
We could use graves for free points vs you guys as well... you even have to lie about what barry said "Masta told me Eot asked for Europe back in" to feel better about yourself. Please just get over it... whether Europe is in the ladder or not.. we dont care... and we sure as hell dont need europe to take points off 7th.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Faravahar

Posted 13 March 2015 - 6:35 am
You have a big losing record against me in clan games even when we count Europe which gets instantly resigned, actions speak louder than words my son. You even lose 66% of your pride and joy TG Smosh games against a team including someone who has only played Bloods for 2 weeks rofl
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Polaris_

Posted 13 March 2015 - 6:45 am
Theres been 1 euro thats popped up... and I dont know what my record vs you is exactly.. but I know every other 7th has a worse win/loss vs us... I would even say the same for you but I know you havent been around when we've beat up on 7th in our tgs. Two weeks? you have our clans reversed ? because last I checked LnL was in Eot.. not 7th... phurris been playing bloods for few years... and fynall has been playing for a long time too.. hes far from new. Were even beating you guys in bad spot gwarz/smoshs while teaching LnL at the same time.

I almost feel bad for how delusional you are... and god forbid a day we actually play 7th with a full Eot team playing a map.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ChuckFinley

Edited 13 March 2015 - 1:26 pm by ChuckFinley
Remove Europe (cos we're good at it we obviously use it for free points) to shut 7th up. Restore herofest/km to how they were.

Would 7th be interested in a bo in 3v3 or 4v4 smosh with eot rather than just talking? Let's set a day, get our teams on and do it?

Also as for a losing record, the stats are there to see. Sean is 5-6 (this is a huge losing record?) vs you in the latest random ladder, but is up vs all other 7th (that's including the day we lost like 4-0 with some bad spot games). On the old ladder, yes sean has only won 40% of games vs you (these are mostly random teams though, and I highly doubt Sean claims he, as an individual, is a better player than you), but if you really want to go into this you only have a 30% win rate vs Charles.
Link | Reply | Quote
 HidingBeyond

Posted 13 March 2015 - 1:21 pm
OK so I removed Europe because 7th are noobs and can't learn it. HF/KM experiments called off.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ChuckFinley

Posted 13 March 2015 - 1:23 pm
OK so I removed Europe because 7th are noobs and can't learn it. HF/KM experiments called off.
;good Should probably just remove KM from the map pack then as it doesn't work well with spots in random.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]And1zeas

Posted 13 March 2015 - 1:44 pm

Its not that we cant learn it, its just that none of us want to play the 200 rm games necessary to get good at it
Link | Reply | Quote
 ChuckFinley

Posted 13 March 2015 - 1:54 pm
Its not that we cant learn it, its just that none of us want to play the 200 rm games necessary to get good at it
I was good at europe before I ever played a game of RM -.-
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]And1zeas

Posted 13 March 2015 - 4:38 pm
I was good at europe before I ever played a game of RM -.-
Playing rm in the cs lobby and calling it euro isn't the same as not playing rm :-o :O

Link | Reply | Quote
12345678910111213[14]151617
Displaying 196 - 210 out of 244 posts