The Great Random Ladder Thread

ChuckFinley

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:45 pm
Faravahar wrote:
Europe back on the ladder didn't see that...great now 98% of the times it comes up we can save or quit in the first 2 minutes.
Or you could just like, you know, try and play the map like everyone else has with other maps they dont know (RCB for example)?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]And1zeas

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:52 pm
honestly you got this great system where u can encourage CS players to learn new maps,
and then you add europe again, a map that's impossible to learn unless you have some serious advanced rm knowledge already
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]And1zeas

Posted 11 March 2015 - 10:53 pm
I like the stone reduction cause it makes the map less of a blind-bbt spamming map, and it will be harder to camp. If you trade for gold you should still have enough stone though to finish the map.
I completely take this back, in the last edited version you had like 60/70k stone
right now you can barely play the map
Link | Reply | Quote
 ChuckFinley

Posted 11 March 2015 - 11:06 pm
I completely take this back, in the last edited version you had like 60/70k stone
right now you can barely play the map
This is all i was arguing against :P Had no comment regarding siegerams
Link | Reply | Quote
 ChuckFinley

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:42 am
Okay so just played herofest..

aswell as absolutely destroying the map and making it more of a campfest, the p4 defeat trigger also kills p5 as we found out today lol. Killed p4, and it defeated p4 and p5.

Pro.
Link | Reply | Quote
 HidingBeyond

Edited 12 March 2015 - 3:37 am by HidingBeyond
Okay so just played herofest..

aswell as absolutely destroying the map and making it more of a campfest, the p4 defeat trigger also kills p5 as we found out today lol. Killed p4, and it defeated p4 and p5.

Pro.

Huh that makes no sense. I literally just looked at the triggers (of which I only changed that it removes the player completely) and it clearly sets p4 castle destroyed = p4 defeat ;stern (not saying ur lieing, it does happen like you say). Well bugger me rigourously. Resign triggers, knew I didn't touch defeat.

More of a campfest? How is less BBT = more BBT camp? Riddle me this. Maybe I should do the siege ram route if you are serious.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ChuckFinley

Edited 12 March 2015 - 11:49 am by ChuckFinley
Huh that makes no sense. I literally just looked at the triggers (of which I only changed that it removes the player completely) and it clearly sets p4 castle destroyed = p4 defeat ;stern (not saying ur lieing, it does happen like you say). Well bugger me rigourously. Resign triggers, knew I didn't touch defeat.

More of a campfest? How is less BBT = more BBT camp? Riddle me this. Maybe I should do the siege ram route if you are serious.
Because what happens is when you run out of resources, there is no way to push without feeding so you are either forced to camp until the middle pays out, or you feed. Well IDK about the triggers, but Charlie killed fynall in a game, and when fynall was defeated so was Charles at the exact same time lol. Here's the game if it's helpful, maybe we missed something and there was another reason he died but I don't think so:
http://www.voobly.com/match/view/12118334 (ignore the map image - this is herofest, dunno why voobly does this)
(I Wouldn't read the game chat if I were you :P Lots of anti barry in there 11)

Not 100% sure how the siegeram route would work but I guess it's worth a try (maybe a siegeram spawn opens after x time and makes a max of 5 at once or something), but again if this is released outside of the random pack it really shouldn't be called herofest anymore.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Skreemo

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:39 pm
Siege ram lets you play aggressive, so there's no need for a resource cap. As long as Onagers and other siege are disabled then players have to use their army and rams to counter. It also stops people building up 200 khans and camping.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ChuckFinley

Posted 12 March 2015 - 12:57 pm
I think there needs to be a cap on ammount of siegerams to a small-ish number though, otherwise it's just gonna be CBA Hero lol.
Link | Reply | Quote
 HidingBeyond

Edited 12 March 2015 - 2:27 pm by HidingBeyond
I could just say bugger it its a bad map and theres no point trying to make it fit. Its a pain at this stage.
Quote:
(I Wouldn't read the game chat if I were you :P Lots of anti barry in there 11)

What? Somebody in CS complaining about me ;stern You can't be serious ;?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ChuckFinley

Edited 12 March 2015 - 2:33 pm by ChuckFinley
I could just say bugger it its a bad map and theres no point trying to make it fit. Its a pain at this stage.

What? Somebody in CS complaining about me ;stern You can't be serious ;?
So just do that then, leave it in the pack in its original state (minus bug fixes) or remove it from the pack.

Also, what have you done to KM man, you've ruined Seans life.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Posted 12 March 2015 - 2:53 pm
Yeah europe shouldn't be in here. It takes a lot of time to build up a europe player even when we are exclusively playing europe games....and the map is not explained easily. I love euro but it's really not suitable for random league.

I hate you for messing with herofest but I understand why you made the edits. Combination of people not knowing how to push/people full camping have caused that.

Link | Reply | Quote
 ChuckFinley

Posted 12 March 2015 - 4:26 pm
Yeah europe shouldn't be in here. It takes a lot of time to build up a europe player even when we are exclusively playing europe games....and the map is not explained easily. I love euro but it's really not suitable for random league.

I hate you for messing with herofest but I understand why you made the edits. Combination of people not knowing how to push/people full camping have caused that.
But when you have no resources to push, camping becomes much worse as it is by far the best use of your resources now.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Posted 12 March 2015 - 4:43 pm
I didn't say I approved of the edits....I just understand why he tried to change it.

People have just refused to try and understand herofest, there is so much ****ing when that map comes up (with the old and new versions).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]And1zeas

Posted 12 March 2015 - 6:18 pm
Masta, I liked the edit that a player gets completely destroyed when his castle dies in herofest.
And i think u can fix the camp factor by enabling siege workshops/rams.

In my experience when two players of +/- same skill play the map, the first part of the game consists of getting a steady base with bbt's, and then trying to push the enemy base with bbt's. This stage stops when both have so many bbt's up that you can't push anymore without feeding massively. IMO this is mostly around like 400-500 kills ( you feed a lot at the start). So imo if u lower the kills you need to spawn khans (to like 700 or something), you'll up the chance that one of both players gets khans before a BBT stand is reached.
The siege rams would work imo cause they are perfect cover against BBT's, the only way the enemy could defend is by using his heroes, and thereby feeding.
This seems to work in cba hero. I think if you'd unable siege rams in cba hero the map would die as well cause of bbt camping.

So basically i hope you give enabling the siege rams a try, i like the map and would like to see it more often. I'm not sure it would work as there's probably still ways to camp, but i'd happily test it if u edit it.

Link | Reply | Quote
123456789101112[13]14151617
Displaying 181 - 195 out of 244 posts