Why people dont play AoFE?

[Foo]fobbix

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 2 June 2014 - 8:42 am
_Ageo_ wrote:
Why people dont play AoFE more than AoC now? I presonely think aofe is better , but i want some pro reasons (if there is any ''pro'' or ''good''reason for this). I realy dont understand this so i had to ask...
People are used to playing AoC. They can't be bothered to learn how to play AoFE. Its more of an online problem though rather than local. People don't like being shown up with not currently being initialised to the new civs. Also because no one else plays the mod aswell. Lastly with it being a major mod it causes online stability issues and you always have to download it and people are mistrusting of such things.
Link | Reply | Quote
 The_Petard

Edited 19 July 2014 - 1:50 am by The_Petard
well i just downloaded forgotten empires, it seems cool , the extra unique techs are just so logical in the historic bases.
Its obviously they didnt wanna change the spirit of the game, but they could have changed
1. The look of jannisarries (in real, they exactly look like "royal jannisarries" u can find in map editor)
2. The look of persian war elephants (there is still no soldier riding the elephant for years! the animal rides and attack by itself)
3.Why magyars?? Huns represnts them all! its just extra
4. The name of teutons should have changed to germans , and sarceans to arabians. These are the common names of them, why calling them like that?

Edit: And they could change the look of monk to the wololoing white bearded man, that we know from the first game in 1997, he is the legend:

You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Foo]fobbix

Posted 27 July 2014 - 1:57 pm
The_Petard wrote:
1. The look of jannisarries (in real, they exactly look like "royal jannisarries" u can find in map editor)
These may have been added to the graphics file in AoFE. I don't know why they are not used.
Quote:
2. The look of persian war elephants (there is still no soldier riding the elephant for years! the animal rides and attack by itself)
Its to keep the graphics size small, this also keeps it in line with siege aswell. Or that it gives the Elephants the likeness of a siege weapon which also has no soldiers manning it.
Quote:
4. The name of teutons should have changed to germans , and sarceans to arabians. These are the common names of them, why calling them like that?
And Franks should be called French and Britons British? - Nope they are the proper names relative to there times and give a much better feel.

Quote:
Edit: And they could change the look of monk to the wololoing white bearded man, that we know from the first game in 1997, he is the legend:
The AoE2 graphics are much better than AoE1. He probably wouldn't look right but you could do a visual mod of this yourself. You could argue about the Axeman+Sounds and the ballista towers etc but it all belongs in AoE1 not 2.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [L4]TheDarkJoker

Posted 5 September 2014 - 2:55 pm
you can play aoc rated on aofe ladder , because no one care player abuse the ladder rof-l
player abuse this ladder : aok rm , aofe , age of chivalry
Link | Reply | Quote
 [RPG]Weelildragon

Posted 1 December 2015 - 9:17 pm
I do like the AI a lot. Play a lot of games versus the computer with some close friends. But the hotkeys are a problem. Any way to change that?
Link | Reply | Quote
 the_Yeoman

Posted 29 May 2016 - 10:16 am
I just don't like AoFE.

For one, I don't like the balance changes, I think a lot are done based on arbitrary personal decisions. Like, who says you shouldn't be able to wall on Arabia? It already takes heaps of vill time to wall early as it is. I'd be fine with stuff like buffing the sword line, slightly nerfing the best factions and slightly buffing the worst but none of the balance changes should change the meta much at all.

And the biggest problem is there is too many civs and units added; there are already a lot of civs in AOC, when you start adding more it becomes harder and harder to balance them properly and make them all unique in some way. With a few civs they are like colours of the rainbow, you add 8 more and it becomes more like a brown mush.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Hoofdschudder

Posted 16 January 2017 - 12:31 pm
so voobly does not offer raja's or FE ? Only playable in game?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [_sKL]Byte_

Posted 17 March 2017 - 7:40 am
mmm, well, i prefer Forgotten Empires, i really like the feel playing whit Incas and Slavs, some maps are really cool too.

Voobly have another vision, But Forgotten Empires have millions of downloads. Its NO RIP.

The game have too many years, and need more civs whit new sounds, new campains, new balance.

well guys, Enjoy the game, AOK, or AOC or FE. The same game whit some differences

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]
Displaying 31 - 38 out of 38 posts