Community Forums > General > General Discussion > CS Community: Reset CBA Ladder or Decay?

CS Community: Reset CBA Ladder or Decay?

Poll: Reset or Decay CBA Ladder?
Yes for Reset, but no Decay
Yes for Decay, but no Reset
Yes for Both Reset and Decay
Leave it the way it is
 [BH_]lnIghTzl

Group: Standard Membership
Edited 31 July 2013 - 1:38 am by [BH_]lnIghTzl
folks, i know this has been discussed several times and we are closely coming to a conclusion. if you want your voices to be heard, this is a very good time for some discussion and introduce some new ideas for the sake of the CS community.

i have stated this in the following thread: http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/162932/
Quote:
resetting the cba ladder would cause a lot of damage mainly because a lot of players have spent alot of time/have played countless games to reach their potential. i don't think that is fair at all. i am an active cba player and i think it's not fair to see many of the top 20 not play and stay at their current rank.

a better solution for all could possibly add a decay to the ladder and no reset. yes the top 20 hasn't moved as much, as you guys may have seen there are a few players with multiple accounts who are at the top 40. i would say by adding a decay, the cba ladder can start working again and then we can see new faces on players who truly are truly worthy of being the top 20 players.

the staff team has been discussing this for some time and we still have not come up with a final conclusion. though, we would to hear from the cs community what they really want and we can try to work with that. if you have a better suggestion/idea please throw them in

there has been some interesting debates which we would like to hear more from you and what we should do with the cba ladder.

as we discuss this together, i will list the pros and cons of resetting the cba ladder and/or introducing a decay system. any open discussion is welcome as long as you stay on topic.

keep in mind that this will thread be moderated and any forms of trolling or harassing one another will be deleted

note that if you are voting on multiple accounts, only your MAIN account will count as your vote
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Polaris_

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:04 am
no reset but decay... mostly same people will make their way up to the top im sure (ones that deserve and ones that dont)... lowers quality of CBA games for a large period of time until rates get more stable again and really has no purpose.. should just leave it and add a decay system.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Edited 31 July 2013 - 12:04 am by ['RB']Dan
decay

20 points each 14 days starting at 2000 rate
Link | Reply | Quote
 ImPulSive__

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:05 am
both of them
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Polaris_

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:07 am
also make sure people arent double voting or more with smurfs.
Link | Reply | Quote
 lkjhgfdasdfg

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:07 am
Leave it the way it is
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DZ]D4IzKFiIz3

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:10 am
['RB']Dan wrote:
decay

20 points each 14 days starting at 2000 rate

+1,
No Reset but decay.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BH_]lnIghTzl

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:16 am
Leave it the way it is

can you explain why you want it to be left the way it is?
both of them

how come? just curious about your opinion
Link | Reply | Quote
 ImPulSive__

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:32 am
its simple. Voobly needs to reset and put decay to get a real top 20-1000 without inactive/fake players in the CBA top list and for more excitement for sure! thank you the question.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Coat_of_Arms

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:37 am
No need for reset, decay will do it and allow real players to keep their rates.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Smileboy

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:41 am
Link | Reply | Quote
 Nike_Original

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:54 am
God moe #1

RESET CBA AND START DECAY SISTEM.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cxzv

Posted 31 July 2013 - 1:03 am

+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 [BH_]lnIghTzl

Posted 31 July 2013 - 2:01 am
_MobbDeep_ wrote:
Reset and Decay. If person really good player he will get those points fast anyways. So do it all 1600 0-0.

i don't think it's about matter of time getting the points back, people will get fraustrated because they have to start from scratch all over again, and people have played 2000+ cba games so it's understandable where they are coming from. further, we should not be thinking of only really good players, there are average cba players as well.
its simple. Voobly needs to reset and put decay to get a real top 20-1000 without inactive/fake players in the CBA top list and for more excitement for sure! thank you the question.

yes i agree the inactive players on the cba ladder need to be dealt with. they are active on other ladders and it is not fair for other players because they play alot and are not visible in the cba ladder, and i think they are potential players as well. a full reset would upset alot of players as they have worked on their rate over a long period of time.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Smileboy

Edited 31 July 2013 - 2:14 am by Smileboy
Quote:
[ BH_]lnIghTzland people have played 2000+ cba games
2312 - 1556 ;icecream

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2345678
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 118 posts