Community Forums > General > Graphic Design > Client Themes > Official Voobly Client Themes Competition

Official Voobly Client Themes Competition

[ AA ]upside_umop_

Group: Standard Membership
Edited 16 August 2012 - 4:13 pm by [ AA ]upside_umop_
raybingo wrote:
Nothing it is....... if u can't ... that is other order ;tongue
It's impossible to do in this context since the CSS style sheets don't contain separate elements for each lobby, therefore adding elements for each lobby would require reverse-engineering Voobly's source code and then re-compiling.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Group: Most Valuable Player
Posted 16 August 2012 - 4:14 pm
Well the CSS for each individual lobby is exactly the same, so I think it would have to be done in the .exe rather than the themes
Link | Reply | Quote
 AM0K

Posted 16 August 2012 - 4:29 pm
Chet wrote:
I dont know where to post this, but i seen this thread and decided to try and make one, but i dont know how to actually make a theme, so i just took the original voobly and gave it some blaze ;)
You must login into Voobly to view image

Entrants must post their final edits in the Theme Submissions forum in their own threads, it's already described in the general rules.
Link | Reply | Quote
 raybingo

Posted 16 August 2012 - 5:28 pm
Well the CSS for each individual lobby is exactly the same, so I think it would have to be done in the .exe rather than the themes

;1thumbup <3
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]Lord

Posted 16 August 2012 - 10:39 pm
Ben got this
Link | Reply | Quote
 [SEKC]ChickNbutt

Posted 17 August 2012 - 5:15 am
fantastic!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Bats_

Edited 17 August 2012 - 6:07 pm by Bats_
Hi,
I have two questions to the devs:

1. What rendering engine is used to render the interface? I'm only interested if the engine is not Internet Explorer's Trident - because thats to friggin limiting (no fancy CSS3).

2. Can you provide a static HTML version of all screens (lobby, room, messenger)? That way every designer can work in his own environment in his own speed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 AM0K

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:29 pm
Bats_ wrote:
Hi,
I have two questions to the devs:

1. What rendering engine is used to render the interface? I'm only interested if the engine is not Internet Explorer's Trident - because thats to friggin limiting (no fancy CSS3).

2. Can you provide a static HTML version of all screens (lobby, room, messenger)? That way every designer can work in his own environment in his own speed.

I'm not a developer and I highly doubt any of them answer your question but You don't need to know any of those for making a theme, you only need to know basic CSS and have some good taste with graphics.

Everything you need is located on your voobly folder.
Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_Vanthom

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:34 pm
Check out the start of my theme, let me know what you think - http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/116606
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Master_G

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:48 pm
AM0K wrote:
I'm not a developer and I highly doubt any of them answer your question but You don't need to know any of those for making a theme, you only need to know basic CSS and have some good taste with graphics.

Everything you need is located on your voobly folder.

Basically what Narc said is correct. You just need to make a new folder in the "themes" folder found in the C:\Program Files\Voobly and copy all of the content from one of the current themes, then you can change the css as needed to make a new theme. You can of course use different images as well, but the layout itself of the lobbies is designed in QT, and we are not publishing that information for editing.

Have fun :) Looking forward to some of the results.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Aces]ReguLator1

Posted 18 August 2012 - 12:37 am
This is copyright infringement and I have reported you Marauder.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Group: Most Valuable Player
Posted 19 August 2012 - 8:02 pm
This is copyright infringement and I have reported you Marauder.

;tears
Link | Reply | Quote
 Bats_

Posted 19 August 2012 - 9:18 pm
Quote:
you only need to know basic CSS
Thats why I ask. Modern webdesign is more than basic CSS – its more than changing images. Modern CSS gives the freedom to build beautiful imageless interfaces by using embedded fonts, image gradients, box shadows, border-radius' etc.. Unfortunately these CSS features are not supported by the current version of the trident engine. And the trident engine is the default rendering engine on Windows.

I'm not familiar with Qt, but I read webkit somewhere on their website. Webkit is a very modern rendering engine which supports modern CSS features. It's in Google Chrome and Apples Safari Browser. So there might be the chance that voobly is using it!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Skreemo

Posted 19 August 2012 - 10:08 pm
You can apply border radii lol.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _VlRUS_

Posted 14 September 2012 - 2:28 am
I think it would make a lot of sense to change the name to Vooblysoft Network and make it look like the old MSN Zone.

It would then become The VSN GameZone.

_VlRUS_

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]3
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 32 posts