Why TTF Map Kept, Ancient/CHE TD Removed?

_LaoZi_

Group: Standard Membership
Edited 13 June 2012 - 3:51 am by _LaoZi_
Rambit/Voobly recently removed the Ancient and CHE TD maps from the AoC CS map pack. But the TTF Short (racing) map was kept.

Since both [ViCiouS]Marauder and Rambit have made some comments on the comparision between Ancient/CHE TD and TTF Short (racing), let's take a look at the TTF Short map.

You must login into Voobly to view image

TTF is considered an old map. I do not recall who made it. But the map is large and comprehensive. The setting is pretty much like an Olympia Festival. Participants race through a total of 17 independent events. They need to overcome all the obstacles and race to the finish line. When the first player reaches the finish line, the remaining participants have 30 seconds to finish the race. The players who do not finish that event receive no awards. The top three players who finish the event receive awards (gold).

Below are summaries of each 17 events:

1. Scout/Sandy maze:

Scouts race through the maze to reach the finish line. There are at least three routes that can be used. Clearly the scouts race on their own.

2. Eagle Bridge Crossing:

The instruction clearly states "This event is all about timing...". The eagles race to cross the moving bridge segments. It is very tricky. But clearly other eagles have no impact on how you cross the bridge.

3. Bomb Maze:

The horses race through the maze. Some horses would certainly die and they have to start over again and again. "This one is about timing too..." It does not matter how others play.

4. Relics:

Monks pick up and move relics to clear the road to pass. The routes can be one, two or three. One monk could block the others at the bottleneck, but that won't change the outcome of the race.

5. Sheep:

The sheep try to avoid the moving shepherds and reach the finish line. Clearly the sheep don't interact at all.

6. Maneluke:

This is probably the easiest event. Each maneluke just cut down the wall(s) and reach the finish line. They are so far away to have any impact to each other.

7. Ram/Shoot to Kill:

The halberdiers race through the maze. They have to hide in the rams to dodge the longbowmen's deadly arrows. One player can't impact the other players.

8. Onegar:

This is the only event that one player can interact with other players, but in a negative way. Here the onegars cut down the forest and rece forward to the finish line. But one player could damage other player(s)' onegars and slow others down. This is clearly a cheap shot. When I played TTF, we considered this to be cheating. And we used to shun the players who play that way. But clearly Rambit and Marauder play that way and they have no problem with it.

9. Saboteurs:

The knights dodge the fire by standing at the white spots. There is no interaction at all.

10. Transport ship:

Woad raiders board the transport ship for transport and shelter from the enemy fire. The transport has transport capacity and one raider has nothing to do with other raiders.

11. Cannons:

This is a hard one. The cannon balls are like rain falling. The kings get hit hard. But the kings really have nothing to do with the others.

12. Wolf/Maze:

The wolves raze through the maze and try to dodge the fire from above. Clearly the wolves are not related at all.

13. Archers shooting zombies:

You'll only help the other players if you shoot his/her zombie men. You shoot your guys and no one would bother you.

14. Mangudai Maze:

This is just like event #3, bomb racing.

15. Scorpion:

It is another maze. The slow moving knights try to dodge the fires from the scorpions. No interactions between them.

16. Axmen/Boars:

One player could play some dirty tricks on another player. But that only slows down himself.

17: Huskarl:

Another maze racing event. You can clearly see that the huskarls are not related to each other at all.

This can be expanded into an introductory guide for TTF Short. I just do not have time right now.

From the above, we can clearly see that all 17 events are independent. In most of the events (15 out of 17), the players have no interactions with others. With the remaining two events (Onegar and Boar), some could play some dirty tricks to hurt other players. Good players win games with real skills, not the dirty dark tricks. Good players also know the tricks.

In Ancient and CHE TD games, you can also use block strategies to slow down other players. Some of the blockings are considered illegal and some are legal. But good TD players never play the dirty way.

Clearly TTF falls within the same category of a individual racing map. The map is old and is fun to play. But I'm just curious as to why this map is treated differently from the Ancient and CHE TD maps Rambit recently removed from the Aoc Alternative map pack. The TTF should be removed with Ancient/CHE TD, or should be kept, together with Ancient/CHE TD maps.

Very curious. The only thing I can conclude is that, some "Elite" players play this TTF map. They like to keep this map within the map pack. But they do not play Ancient and CHE TD and they do not want others to gain points from the TD maps. Pretty clear. It is the game raning that matters.

I still hope that Rambit and the rest of the Voobly staff can be fair and treat the Voobly community fairly and equally. The maps should be treated fairly too.

This recorded game can be found here: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Archybot

Edited 13 June 2012 - 3:19 am by [ViCiouS]Archybot
Wow dude, I hope you get ****ing banned so you can go into the real world and cure cancer or something.

I thought I had no life on forums.

Holy, ****ing, ****.

And btw, half your arguments about 0 player interaction is wrong. Blocking/path blocking = player interaction.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LaoZi_

Posted 13 June 2012 - 3:19 am
Why you mad?!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Archybot

Edited 13 June 2012 - 3:20 am by [ViCiouS]Archybot
How am I mad? I'm amused. I ain't the one spending my life on the forums making post after post because my point **** map got removed.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Group: Most Valuable Player
Posted 13 June 2012 - 4:09 am
You quote me saying I do not believe this map should be rated and then accuse us of not unrating it because we play the map?

You obviously put a lot of effort into this post. I never realized how much you care about this before. I apologize if I have your feelings on any of these topics.

You are truly a hero, standing up for what you believe in.

Keep it up big guy!

Link | Reply | Quote
 _LaoZi_

Posted 13 June 2012 - 4:37 am
You quote me saying I do not believe this map should be rated and then accuse us of not unrating it because we play the map?

You obviously put a lot of effort into this post. I never realized how much you care about this before. I apologize if I have your feelings on any of these topics.

You are truly a hero, standing up for what you believe in.

Keep it up big guy!

I do not accuse anyone of anything. We just have some intelligent discussion. No strong emotion, no animosity, and no one has to get excited. I just do not believe what happened to the two TD maps is fair.

We actually do agree that the TTF should be unrated, just as the two TD maps. They are a group, either make them rated, or make all three unrated. Maybe we can find another map which is in the same group and we should unrate that one too (Wonder Race??).

I have no objection to make the rating disappear altogether. BUT it is not fair to keep the ones you like and rid the ones you do not like. ;)

Link | Reply | Quote
 king_vanthom

Posted 13 June 2012 - 4:45 am
Make this your 8th post about the same thing... No matter how many names you cover it with your still arguing about the stupid td's honestly Mods forum ban this dude for spamming.
Quote:
You may not spam. Spam includes, but is not limited to, the following, for forum and client:
Excessive off-topic threads
Posting nonsensical messages
"Flooding" the forum with similar meaning messages
Post-Count farming
Inciting a war or riot
Outwar-style links
Blatant advertising
Messages without content
Fraudulent activity (Pyramid schemes, chain letters, etc.)
Free-____ links (i.e. Free iPods, Free PSP, etc. etc.)
"Flooding" player(s) walls with derogatory and/or meaningless content

Honestly stop crying about td's it is annoying and is becoming spam. You have so many posts about this now, why do you keep creating new ones with a different theme of why TD should stay...
Link | Reply | Quote
 [CLB]Helzculez

Posted 13 June 2012 - 4:54 am
TD RULES..
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]ForgiveMe_

Group: Most Valuable Player
Posted 13 June 2012 - 4:54 am
_LaoZi_ wrote:
I do not accuse anyone of anything. We just have some intelligent discussion. No strong emotion, no animosity, and no one has to get excited. I just do not believe what happened to the two TD maps is fair.

We actually do agree that the TTF should be unrated, just as the two TD maps. They are a group, either make them rated, or make all three unrated. Maybe we can find another map which is in the same group and we should unrate that one too (Wonder Race??).

I have no objection to make the rating disappear altogether. BUT it is not fair to keep the ones you like and rid the ones you do not like. ;)

I think Dave and I are the only mods who play TTF *both good @ it also*. We both agree it should not be rated.
But to say TTF/Europe and w/e else are the same as TD's is ;nonono
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 13 June 2012 - 5:01 am
How many topics you gonna make.. jeez
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LaoZi_

Posted 13 June 2012 - 5:20 am
I think Dave and I are the only mods who play TTF *both good @ it also*. We both agree it should not be rated.
But to say TTF/Europe and w/e else are the same as TD's is ;nonono

Ancient/CHE/TTF clearly belong to the same group. The recorded game and screenshots clearly show that.

If both of you believe TTF should be unrated, then just make it happen. I have no objection to that. I have no objection to removing all the ratings. Then we can enjoy the bloods, TDs, TTF and europe peacefully.

Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 13 June 2012 - 5:28 am by [Eot_]Marvel__
_LaoZi_ wrote:
Ancient/CHE/TTF clearly belong to the same group. The recorded game and screenshots clearly show that.

If both of you believe TTF should be unrated, then just make it happen. I have no objection to that. I have no objection to removing all the ratings. Then we can enjoy the bloods, TDs, TTF and europe peacefully.

You can enjoy TD peacefully now, like many people do, if it wasn't all about points for you.

I also think you believe Charlie and Dave have far more power than they actually do. lol
Link | Reply | Quote
 _LaoZi_

Posted 13 June 2012 - 5:41 am
You can enjoy TD peacefully now, like many people do, if it wasn't all about points for you.

I also think you believe Charlie and Dave have far more power than they actually do. lol

WarningIm****y/WarningImStinky/WarningImFilthy/LC_Marvel,

You do not have to inflame anything. People can have different opinions.

Link | Reply | Quote
 RIP_beatit

Posted 13 June 2012 - 5:49 am
I'm with Laozi... I object that Ancient TD is unrated. And I know there are people like me.
Thanks to Laozi he is the one of all tries to say it out.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 13 June 2012 - 7:53 am
Please stop making new topics about the same topic. I do my best to keep up with everything in the forums but you are just wasting my time with this. I explained quite clearly why those two TD's were unrated, if you can't understand that then I am going to have to ask you to just keep reading my original post until you do.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]234
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 46 posts