AoE2: Command Line Parameters
- You can use command line parameters to customize the start up process for Age of Empires II and to resolve certain problems you may encounter when you attempt to start or play the game.
- Microsoft Product Support has created a number of shortcuts that include the command line parameters you can use when you start Age of Empires II.
- To install these shortcuts, double-click the Age2lnks.exe file for Age of Empires II.
- The following file is available for download from Voobly.
- The following table lists the command line parameters you can use to start Age of Empires.
- To manually add parameters to the command line in the Age of Empires II shortcut:
- Right-click Start, and then click Open or Open All Users.
- Double-click the Programs folder.
- Double-click the Microsoft Games folder.
- Double-click the Age Of Empires II folder.
- Right-click the Age Of Empires II shortcut icon, and then click Properties.
- Click the Shortcut tab.
- In the Target box, press END, press the SPACEBAR, and then type the parameter that you want to use. If you want to use an additional parameter, press the SPACEBAR, and then type the next parameter.
- Click Apply or OK.
- Note Command Line Parameters will only work for games played off of Voobly, as it uses a different path to launch
- As an example, the following sample command line includes several parameters:
- "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\empires2.exe" nostartup 800 mfill normalmouse nosound noterrainsound nomusic msync
- NOTE: Parameters are not case-sensitive.
Last updated on 18 February 2014 - 1:17 pm by
1 User(s) are reading this document (in the past 30 minutes)
0 members, 1 guests
0 members, 1 guests
What's popular right now:
leandro_gao, ElCapitanSalami, SP... (10 users)
Ert_'s Profile (9 users)
GingerFro's Profile (9 users)
Play Best. Lose Points. (Revisited) (8 users)
New Rating System (7 users)
Delete bloods maps of ladder CS-... (6 users)
[TheJedi]Memb in 1x1 ara (4 users)
In my Ass (3 users)
Friendly bo5 with vanthom (2 users)
Agree ? Or Disagree ? (2 users)
Most active threads in past week: