Jurassic

[XceL]Donnie

Group: Standard Membership
Edited 3 March 2012 - 12:17 am by [XceL]Donnie
Try to build a base and survive the onslaught of dinosaurs.

You must login into Voobly to view image

Jurassic Version 2 download [You must login to view link]
Latest Map to go with V2
[You must login to view link]

Watch the game before you try it!

Version 1 Game Mod:
[You must login to view link]

4v4 version: [You must login to view link] 1.9
This is the 2nd version of my Jurassic AoC scenario. The concept is the same, but there are some major differences in this version. Hunt the enemy with dinosaurs, and try to build a base to survive while the enemy is hunting you back at the same time.

To build a base, find a good spot then start off by building a lumbercamp. This will automatically start to generate you some wood to use on other buildings. Your next building should be a mining camp which generates stone and gold. You need to know how your allies are doing right? So build a outpost. You will now have two LOS upgrades. Build two more outposts and you now have cartography. Now you should want to build some stone walls for your base to protect yourself. Stone walls not good enough? Build a barracks and watch your stone walls become fortified. Next you'll need some towers to defend those walls. Build an archery range, and your watch towers will turn into guard towers, and will receive a range bonus. If you build a blacksmith your towers will automatically increase in hp and ap, but it also costs you 150 gold each time. You should also be building archers to put inside your towers. Like lumber camps, and mining camps, a mill will produce food for you.

The Previous dinosaurs were not made by me

Link | Reply | Quote
 special1

Posted 1 August 2011 - 8:00 pm
trying soon !!!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Diablo_IYIastA_

Posted 1 August 2011 - 9:05 pm
Is there a new ver of the mod or is it all the same?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]Donnie

Posted 1 August 2011 - 9:39 pm
same mod for now - might possibly change it around later if I need to.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BF_Basse

Posted 1 August 2011 - 9:42 pm
Mapshop plz? Sounds awesome :D
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]Donnie

Posted 1 August 2011 - 10:19 pm
ah yeah, had one forgot to upload thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]Donnie

Posted 1 August 2011 - 10:32 pm
added
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 2 August 2011 - 1:49 am
Sounds quite confusing to new players to create buildings to get technology. Why not just add the tech to buildings like in a normal game? Seems that would be much easier to learn and easy to do since it is a mod anyway.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]Donnie

Posted 2 August 2011 - 7:21 am
One reason is that the file is so large I couldn't update it all the time. I was trying to keep most of the changes in the scenario editor. That is a good idea though, but not a huge amount of people have had problems with the concept either.
Link | Reply | Quote
 BuriedInVerona

Posted 2 August 2011 - 9:27 am
It's a simple concept, and it's easy to advertise.

These styles of maps are so much damn fun. They are realistic to what scenario you are trying to portray (it actually resembles Jurassic Park one with raptors and an awesome jungle).

I love how you hunt and run at the same time. Most players hated being the hunter and would resign after x amount of time. Now, everybody is a hunter and teamwork can be pretty important.

These just for fun scenarios can turn into quite skillful and addictive games.

If only there was a way to generate a new terrain each game, so players won't get accustomed to finding the same base everytime and perfecting a build for it.

Great work Donnie, but you still suck **** at Rm.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]Donnie

Posted 2 August 2011 - 9:36 am
Great work Donnie, but you still suck **** at Rm.

I just have a ****ty teacher ;whistling
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 2 August 2011 - 10:32 pm
Quote:
If only there was a way to generate a new terrain each game, so players won't get accustomed to finding the same base everytime and perfecting a build for it.
It looks like people could easily edit the map to have different terrain, if that is the case then i'm sure people will make many different terrains over time if it becomes quite popular.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Diablo_IYIastA_

Posted 3 August 2011 - 12:25 am
Rambit, I think he means like an rm script map that generates a different terrain while still having two sides and a spawn area and doing all the the triggers.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 3 August 2011 - 1:40 am
Quote:
Rambit, I think he means like an rm script map that generates a different terrain while still having two sides and a spawn area and doing all the the triggers.
Yeah I know that would be ideal, but what I suggested is about as close as you are going to get unless game play is modified somewhat to not need triggers.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]Donnie

Posted 3 August 2011 - 3:18 am
I'll try and think of how I could make it more random, but I don't really think a rm script would make all the tiny bases for the prey

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]234567
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 100 posts