Community Forums > Voobly General > Announcements > AOT rating system update - May 2023

AOT rating system update - May 2023

[OB_]BoIt

Edited 6 June 2023 - 4:05 pm by [OB_]BoIt
Seeing as the rating system has been changed it seems necessary to have a moderator who is on the look out for players purposefully playing down rating to get an inflated rate.

https://www.voobly.com/profile/view/124944170/Ratings/games/profile/124944170/326
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 6 June 2023 - 4:10 pm
[OB_]BoIt wrote:
Seeing as the rating system has been changed it seems necessary to have a moderator who is on the look out for players purposefully playing down rating to get an inflated rate.

https://www.voobly.com/profile/view/124944170/Ratings/games/profile/124944170/326

Players can report such people at the game complaints forums, members of the Voobly Team will then deal with those complaints and take appropriate actions based according to our Code of Conduct, e. g. resigning won games.
https://www.voobly.com/forum/view/568
Link | Reply | Quote
 [OB_]BoIt

Edited 7 June 2023 - 3:27 am by [OB_]BoIt
I think this is actually a rating system problem. I don't think you should be able to gain or lose points from playing a player +/- 100 points in this system.

This system is designed to be played in a 'quick-search' environment where the system tries to find the most equal skilled opponent possible. On Voobly we don't have that so this system needs to be tweaked.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 7 June 2023 - 6:54 am
For BrainST0rm:

If I see what you write here, I totally understand your problem with a locked account ^^
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 7 June 2023 - 7:59 am
+kwin wrote:
For BrainST0rm:
If I see what you write here, I totally understand your problem with a locked account ^^

The problem isn't what he is stating, the problem is the way how he is stating it. There is a pattern for these kind of players; especially when the place, they usually play at (aka AOC CS) is responsible for the majority of player complaints and offensive / inappropriate comments we have to delete every day at the Voobly website and the forums. Their behavior is the reason, why AOC CS is dying and why no one wants to play with them anymore, it's their attitude towards new players, that the community won't grow anymore and they are also the same people who kick new players and harass them, before the game has even started. Yeah sure, they can blame it on us, I have no problem with that. But we won't tolerate such disrespectful behavior and tacky comments towards those, who keep this place alive for more than 10 years already.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [H P]BrainSt0rm

Posted 8 June 2023 - 3:23 am
Delegating problems of a competitive/administrative nature, misrepresenting and blaming the behavior of 1 individual and collectivizing it as if 1 only man was enough for the rest to stop playing.
Sure sounds logical.

if every comment is offensive we are going to cancel and censor it? This generation of snowflakes ruin everything.
it is a game .. let people play as they want just in a legit way (no cheat/h4cks)

I started playing 10 years ago here and nobody complained about "behavior" only that sometimes they did PT, cheat
Link | Reply | Quote
 [OB_]BoIt

Posted 8 June 2023 - 7:24 am
It's probably a worthwhile exercise to 'soft-reset' everyone above 1800 to 1800 and start a new ladder at this point as well. Please consider this.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 8 June 2023 - 10:55 am
[OB_]BoIt wrote:
It's probably a worthwhile exercise to 'soft-reset' everyone above 1800 to 1800 and start a new ladder at this point as well. Please consider this.
Tht's why we currently decay down to 1599, until we will set it back to 1799 again. There is no reason for a complete ladder reset, just give it some time and let decay clean up the ladder itself. In the past we had to learn, that with every ladder reset we lose dozen of players.

Link | Reply | Quote
123[4]
Displaying 46 - 53 out of 53 posts