Community Forums > Voobly Community > Other Games > Age Of Mythology > Age of Mythology: Extended Edition Through Voobly?

Age of Mythology: Extended Edition Through Voobly?

[OB_]BoIt

Posted 25 January 2022 - 5:25 am
I may have more luck with a PM but I thought I'd post here first and see what the go is. Just wondering why Extended Edition isn't on the radar for Voobly? I feel like it would be a real big help to unite the EE and TT communities on one platform.

From what I understand, AoE2:HD was allowed on Voobly so why not AoM EE?

If anyone knows who I should talk to about this let me know..
Link | Reply | Quote
 +pablo@voobly

Community Patch Developer

Edited 25 January 2022 - 3:07 pm by +pablo@voobly
Voobly doesn't have AoE2 HD, neither DE. What we have are several mods that add the features and civilizations from new games but we still use the old AOC version of the game. I assume the same thing happens on Mythology.

On why this is and why can't we have newer versions, I can't give you speciffics but, from what I know, it boils down to Microsoft not being willing to do so.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ImStevan

Posted 11 February 2022 - 7:00 pm
[OB_]BoIt wrote:
I may have more luck with a PM but I thought I'd post here first and see what the go is. Just wondering why Extended Edition isn't on the radar for Voobly? I feel like it would be a real big help to unite the EE and TT communities on one platform.

From what I understand, AoE2:HD was allowed on Voobly so why not AoM EE?

If anyone knows who I should talk to about this let me know..

I REALLY hope we eventually get Tale of the Dragon on Voobly, it is such a game changer that I don't really see how it's still being left out...With the Aztec mod being in the works for the Steam version of the game, and with many other really REALLY useful mods on the workshop, I think AOMT will soon simply not provide a full experience. It should also be noted that community is currently split in two by the fact that Voobly doesn't support EE, which BoIt adressed in the quoted message. Please @ Voobly team, work on getting EE/Tale of the Dragon on Voobly.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Wolve91

Posted 3 May 2022 - 12:48 am
Came here to reiterate this. Please Voobly team, do Tale of the Dragon next! We would immensely appreciate! <3
Link | Reply | Quote
 WellysonBR_

Posted 13 June 2022 - 9:38 pm
I agree with you, currently the community is divided between steam (EE) and voobly (TT), it would be good to unite them all in one and expand the community even more. it would be great if voobly could implement
Link | Reply | Quote
 +miko@voobly

VGaming Lead

Edited 20 June 2022 - 9:34 pm by +miko@voobly
It isn't possible to integrate Extended Edition itself into Voobly, but we can however bring its balance patches to Voobly and all of the Tale of the Dragon units and civilizations. All we need is a talented enough programmer that knows both TT and EE inside out to accomplish this. It would be really cool if we can merge all the community's into one, which would give us all the best Age of Mythology experience. :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts