Today my anti virus says voobly is trying to download a virus

MMO_Executioner

Edited 15 January 2021 - 2:06 am by MMO_Executioner
I got a new update for windows 10 and my comp ran my anti virus and its saying it found a virus and when i tried to open voobly using desktop icon it did nothing. I dumped voobly to go for fresh reload and my windows defender is telling me voobly is trying to send a tojan and voobly client will not load. What to do????
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 15 January 2021 - 1:49 pm
Hi.

It's a false positive, due to the recent update done. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Please proceed as following in order to fix the problem :

+Isey wrote:
English
Guys, if you cant run voobly since the last days, or when you playing at any lobby and you get 1.0c in the launching window, most likely due to recent update and therefore you should allow an exception for the anticheat feature (aka Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D7!ml), if you using Windows 10, proceed as follow:

1. Go to Start > Settings > Update & Security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection
2. Under the "Current threats" section, click the Protection history.
3. look for the one named Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.D7!ml / Trojan:Win32/Woreflint.A!cl.
4. Click on the actions dropdown and then on "Allow".

In case you use any other AV, just proceed the same and search for the threat in the AV options.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 15 January 2021 - 9:18 pm
Windows Defender is no longer recognizing it as malware. Just run Windows Update.

[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 +chris@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 16 January 2021 - 8:05 pm
The matter has now been resolved. Please follow the instruction in the thread below:
https://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/333898/:1405739#post1405739

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts