Apply Scroll fix to age2_x1.exe?

eridal

Posted 8 July 2020 - 9:04 pm
Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to start the conversation, so please let me know if this should me moved somewhere else.

Currently playing the game using wine requires that we do not press ALT or the game starts to continually scroll as it some arrow key is pressed. After some search I've found that there are quite a few other people who reported the same problem, both for classic and DE editions as this is related to how different wine and win32 differ in handling an API call.

One particular response ([You must login to view link]) in the steam forums got to the bottom of the issue and even provided what changes needs to be done to the binary in order to fix the issue.

I've tried to change those bytes and can confirm that the bug is solved, the problem is that voobly reads those changes and it revert back to what it was before and thus re-introduces the problem.

Is it possible to apply those changes to the voobly binary? that way the fix will be applied for all of us and we will be able to play without fear of pressing ALT. The actual patching is quite simple and I can provide assistance/support/testing to make this happen.
Link | Reply | Quote
 eridal

Posted 8 July 2020 - 9:32 pm
Here is a quick script to patch the binary:

Code:
#!/usr/bin/env bash set -e cp age2_x1.exe age2_x1.exe.fix sed -i -e "s/\x80\x3c\x01\x01/\x80\x24\x01\x80/" age2_x1.exe.fix sed -i -e "s/\x0f\x97\xc0/\x0f\x95\xc0/" age2_x1.exe.fix cp age2_x1.exe.fix age2_x1.exe

The changes can be reviewed with:
Code:
diff <(xxd age2_x1.exe) <(xxd age2_x1.exe.fix)
Link | Reply | Quote
 eridal

Posted 13 July 2020 - 1:20 am
Hmm.. hello? Anybody out there?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts