Siege Tower Bug Help please

[USA]Lucky900

Posted 23 October 2019 - 7:40 pm
Whenever an enemy uses a siege tower on a wall my game desyncs no matter what player it is used on. I also am unable to use the siege tower as it does not give me the option to use it on an enemy wall. I have the AOE 2 HD from steam and I have used the Wololo kindgoms converter to 5.8. I have tried disabling my game mods aswell. Can anyone help?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kicking

Posted 24 October 2019 - 6:15 am
Out of sync usually occurs when one or more of your game data files have been altered.

You may have knowingly/ unknowingly installed a patch, file or you may be using a pirated version of the game. In either case, you should consider reinstalling the game from a legit copy that you legally purchased.

Here you have the guide.

Link | Reply | Quote
 [USA]Lucky900

Posted 27 October 2019 - 2:22 am
I tried all of this and the game stiill deysyncs. I have the steam version that I purchased and I followed the guide which you linked.
Link | Reply | Quote

Edited 27 October 2019 - 11:49 pm by 125130550
Hi Lucky900, we have played many TG together and seen this issue. I am trying to re-create this bug and see what is causing this.

Since this happened a lot with you, are you able to screenshot the list of mods you are using? This may help us and since disabling mods not always helping due to game files already been changed. Also if you used any patches, list them as well. They can be found in Game Settings.

If you happened to use any external mods/patches list them as well. I really want to see if I can pinpoint the cause of this since siege tower is OP ;)
Attachments:
Untitled.png (file size: 138.08 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 [USA]Lucky900

Edited 9 November 2019 - 6:34 pm by [USA]Lucky900
Here are the mods and patches attached via screenshots. For the patches I have v1.0c, v1.5 Beta R7, and v1.5 RC.
Attachments:
Voobly Mods.png (file size: 5.99 KB)
Voobly Patches.png (file size: 25.7 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 [Hbf_]Annotoph

Edited 11 November 2019 - 10:19 pm by [Hbf_]Annotoph
Hey guys,
I recently got the same problem with the siege tower when installing onto a new computer. I tried reinstalling with original AoC CDs, User Patch and WololoKingdoms but the problem remained. Then I copied an old AoE folder (including User Patch but not WK) onto my new computer and installed WK with the same .exe as before. However, the problem still remained. Since I didn't have the siege tower bug on my old computer, I figured that the wk.exe could be the problem. By the way, I downloaded the lastest version of wk.exe from [You must login to view link] .
I then took an old version of wk.exe (still version 5.8.1) which I found in the downlads folder of my old PC and tried that. It always wanted to update itself which I obviously didn't want so I deleted the WKUpdate.exe. Having done that, I could actually install this older version of WK which at least so far did not have any problems with other players' versions on voobly. Furthermore, I could once again use the siege tower (meaning actually clicking the wall piece and sending the units over) and I didnt crash so far when used in a TG with other players.

I don't really know what differences there are between the two .exe's I used. But maybe someone can help us here. :)

@Lucky900 I could also send you my old version of WK, if you want but this obviously doesn't help everyone with this bug.

PS: I do own a copy of AoE2HD on steam which I used for the WK.exe.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Hbf_]Annotoph

Edited 12 November 2019 - 11:23 pm by +eric@voobly
I uploaded the version I used to OneDrive: - Link Removed -
Link | Reply | Quote
 [USA]Lucky900

Edited 12 November 2019 - 6:17 pm by [USA]Lucky900
I did a clean install of the game and then installed WK using your uploaded WK data and the siege tower works now! Thank you so much Annotoph and Wonder!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 12 November 2019 - 11:52 pm
@Annotoph Thank you for helping! Unfortunately I had to remove your link as it's considered insecure. I only meant well and hopefully you understand my reasoning behind it.

Thanks again.

[ Thread closed ]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts