Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Client and Website related Problems and Questions > its impossible to use voobly with aoe steam, even though all the strea

its impossible to use voobly with aoe steam, even though all the strea

gorkha07

Posted 9 March 2019 - 10:57 pm
downloaded too many patches nothing works
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Edited 10 March 2019 - 12:53 am by hassan
[Moved to the Technical Support forums.]

Hi.

Please uninstall anything that is related to Age of Empires II with or without Steam, if you installed it directly or through any third party tool.

Then please proceed to this correct way to clean install your Age of Empires II HD then to play it in Voobly through the Compatibility patch :

https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch
Make sure you follow all steps.

Link | Reply | Quote
 Blither

Edited 23 March 2019 - 12:27 am by Blither
So frustrating, aoe2 HD is down so I decided to finally take the plunge and install Voobly. I've now been through the support tutorial completely. Uninstalled aoe2 steam twice, because the first time I didn't do the "old" folder re-naming, so did that. Still doesn't work.
edit: damn, "new folder" bug.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 23 March 2019 - 2:20 pm
Blither wrote:
So frustrating, aoe2 HD is down so I decided to finally take the plunge and install Voobly. I've now been through the support tutorial completely. Uninstalled aoe2 steam twice, because the first time I didn't do the "old" folder re-naming, so did that. Still doesn't work.
edit: damn, "new folder" bug.

That way, you aren't supposed to get the "new folder" bug. Please make sure to follow correctly all steps.

Also, if you're getting a new folder, please enter it, copy paste everything, then get back to the root of your game and paste. Do a game diagnostics in Voobly, then it should be fine.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts