Non-DirectPlay game path

elle_emme

Posted 19 October 2018 - 9:34 pm

hi, I'm new to voobly so forgive me if I have not written in the right part. in any case, as I entitled, I have this problem. when I log in, this appears to me "a game installation problem has been detected.
he asks me for a .exe file
I still want to say that I have installed age of empires 2, but it's portable. can this be the problem?
thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:15 pm
Moved to the Technical Support subforum.
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:24 pm
Hi there.

Since you have a portable installation of Age of Empires II, did you download it/copied it from somewhere?

If you do and you don't own the game, that's called piracy. We don't support it as stated here :
https://www.voobly.com/pages/view/cofc#Keep_It_Legal

Also, having the game downloaded from the net without buying the CD / buying from Steam can lead to various errors while installing/playing. That's why we recommend to buy the game. You can find the CD here :
[You must login to view link] (for you, from Italy).

Or via Steam here :

[You must login to view link]

Age of Empires II isn't free to play. But as a owner of the game, it's free to play in Voobly :)

Link | Reply | Quote
 elle_emme

Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:33 pm

no, I bought it long ago (more than 7/8 years) and when I sold the old pc it "transformed" into a portable one using a software. I have the original CD, but the new pc does not have the reader and I had to do that
Link | Reply | Quote
 hassan

Posted 19 October 2018 - 10:51 pm
Alright in this case, when it asks you to select the .exe, try to go to that portable folder, enter the age2_x1, and pick age2_x1.exe . See if it will work.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 5 out of 5 posts