What is the Casual Lobby?

mich

Edited 26 March 2020 - 10:51 pm by mich
jNk wrote:
Not one part of that was complaining, it was an observation that multiple lobbies are noticing the same influx not just the casual lobby - and the same behavior is observed in all these lobbies. The behavior in the lobbies is strange (aok lobby is the same), at no point did anyone say it's necessarily negative or complain, we are simply trying to work out what's going on. You have a lobby of 600+ people playing in locked rooms, thats silent (even if you try to speak to them in main lobby.. silence), it qualifies as a little strange especially when its happening in multiple lobbies, and commenting on that isn't being 'negative', so get your head out your ass. Understanding the behavior makes it easier to engage with the users, and thus if you weren't so sensitive it could potentially be constructive.

If you knew me, you'd understand I rarely take anything serious on here. But well done getting worked up and feeling like you have to curse at me :) When you have nothing constructive or positive to say, that's called being 'negative' lol Did I mention you specifically, NO. Anyways, moving on...

24_King_ wrote:
Mich, what is the probability that players who enter in Casual lobby will be redirected to the Custom scenario lobby?

Since Npl, happened to be named RM

Maybe casual lobby can be named CS- Casual Lobby

You mean players will end up in CS? Probably a small amount, but hey why not try? AoC is mainly based around RM, but it would just be sad to see CS dying while RM grows. I know many players have spent hours making these maps and I have had many hours of fun playing them. Don't want to see their efforts and experiences I've had with them, go to waste. Education, hosting and patience is what we need hoenstly.

Naming the Lobby isn't up to me, and maybe renaming it has a possibility to lose all players. I'm just happy they went to a more open lobby than one that is based on ratings (NPL). The Casual Lobby name makes it a bit more presentable and open imho. Not against the idea completely though.

I would still not rule out the possibility of bots.

It will be the level of interaction that basically will determine who or what they eventually are.

That's why me and a few others host and interact with players who enter the room. Or interacting with them in the Main Lobby chat so they know live people are out there lol ;) I was surprised how many people entered and wanted to play. Most of them wanted to play RM sure, but I did get some willing to play other maps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 jNk

Edited 27 March 2020 - 10:12 am by jNk
mich wrote:
If you knew me, you'd understand I rarely take anything serious on here. But well done getting worked up and feeling like you have to curse at me :) When you have nothing constructive or positive to say, that's called being 'negative' lol Did I mention you specifically, NO. Anyways, moving on...
I know you well enough mich, i was making a point and you went off on some self righteous rant that was unrelated to the main point i made. You could have addressed it instead of acting butthurt over it, and as you can see, other people in this thread have made the same observations.. so maybe fist yourself?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 27 March 2020 - 2:44 pm
Maybe its time to host silly random
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 27 March 2020 - 11:06 pm by mich
My to do list on trying to help the Casual community and trying to get RM/DMers to play and try something new. Might be a big list, but I will try.

• Host and play custom/alternative style maps in the Casual Lobby(s).
  • Help with updates on the Map Pack pages when maps need edits or need to be fixed - Custom Scenarios and Casual Map Pack.
  • Casual Map Pack will be updated to reflect 10 of CS' most popular maps.
  • Make new videos on how to install and use these packs. The old ones are outdated and seem to confuse some people. I think more informatiojn can be added to the Install Guide Page for All Map packs.
  • Make videos on basic game-play; Where to find and use Hotkeys, Patrolling, tricks like shift key for mq (multi-queue), etc.
  • Make videos based on different maps and how they are played.
  • Updating the Casual Lobby information page to reflect the possible new direction this lobby could go.
  • Adding a lot more videos and screenshots of maps to the Casual Lobby info page.
  • Try to have patience dealing with mean people :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 Troy

Posted 27 March 2020 - 11:37 pm
I'll have to redownload the game! ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 SiegeEngine

Posted 30 March 2020 - 5:15 pm
Good stuff mich, keep up the great work!!
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']koandcul1

Posted 31 March 2020 - 11:55 pm
Good stuff mich, keep up the great work!!
+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 Scalonicese

Posted 1 April 2020 - 9:10 am
well mich, if i have time after tiw end up, maybe i'll come to Casual lobby and help you with bringing ppl to learn basic CS maps stuff.
maybe i'll make a stream live or i upload to my youtube channel too.
I'm not sure of doing at all but as i said if i feel that i can do, i'll be arround.
;flowers
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Posted 1 April 2020 - 9:00 pm
Sure, that would be great ;)

Played a few maps I haven't played in years, or have never played lol

I've only had time to host a few times, but they've been fun every game. Some players might surprise you ^^ BYO CB, Cows Castle Blood, Lustful, and Build Your Castle :) All, goofy, fun maps <3
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 12 April 2020 - 1:50 am by mich
Well according to the Casual Lobby Match Ladder (same ladder for both lobbies) there have been 100 pages worth of matches played in less than a week. I wish there were more CS games being hosted. The Casual/NPL lobbies have a huge potential for CS growth and then getting to play with new, skilled players later on.

Maybe we can do mini leagues (like previously held in the CS lobby) in NPL for custom maps. Play and teach custom maps in Casual to prepare them for NPL league? ^^ Teach the noobs so you have new competition when they become experienced.

Also hit another record today I believe.
Attachments:
Casual lobby numbers2.jpg (file size: 215.2 KB)
Casual lobby numbers.jpg (file size: 218.02 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]CaMp2gg_

Posted 12 April 2020 - 3:59 am
7 that’s really a good idea I think, need more cs in NPL I’m sure CS will gain new players
Me myself coming from NPL after Dan showed me some CS maps, sad they ban us all from the lobby or we would bring more new players to CS.
If anything I can try help them learn some maps, cheers.

Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']ZottenDree

Posted 12 April 2020 - 2:02 pm
Silly Random league? :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 14 April 2020 - 8:51 pm by mich
7 that’s really a good idea I think, need more cs in NPL I’m sure CS will gain new players
Me myself coming from NPL after Dan showed me some CS maps, sad they ban us all from the lobby or we would bring more new players to CS.
If anything I can try help them learn some maps, cheers.

Yes I wish the same. Fact is, some players would play in NPL to sincerely help new players, while others would see a rating boost opportunity and free premium for bashing noobs. Dealing with this problem before NPL bans were enabled was an absolute nightmare.

I would love to integrate new players with experienced, but it becomes difficult when ratings and premiums are involved. Maybe we can figure out a way to do this in the future. Best to do for now is help them when they ask how a map is played and hosting it unrated.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mich

Edited 15 April 2020 - 4:20 am by mich
Maybe we/I can create a CS - Madness ladder that mirror rates in NPL & Casual? I can put the packs people want to play in there and if CSers want to play they will have to play in Casual. Of course there would be “catches” to having a rated ladder in Casual, for example, decay and no resets to name a few. Then we can run the mini leagues (in NPL only) from maps in these packs that YOU (our pro, legendary CSers, OR whoever) choose. The packs idea would work similar to the CS - Random ladder, but would be run like the previously held CS - Madness Ladders.

Maybe starting with Dan’s Silly Random pack? (Yes I heard you lol) A map limit per pack might be a good idea though (10-15?). This way players can have a chance to remember the map they played already.
Link | Reply | Quote
 24_King_

Posted 15 April 2020 - 3:42 pm
It would be interesting to do a friendly tournament in casual lobby, and indirectly show the maps, maybe the new players when seeing such a popular room, would be interested to know what happens there, and after a while we could rescue some new players and make a tournament like: #Adopt_a_Beginner.

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]34
Displaying 16 - 30 out of 52 posts