Random Triggers spawns

[ KiN ]Insomnia_KiN

Posted 9 December 2017 - 4:38 am
Need help with random trigger design. I have all triggers in place but nothing happens. Insomniakin on steam. I am trying to recreate the random spawns triggers free carto and no houses on the map that is played on steam. It has frustrated me for 3 days so I am asking for help.
Attachments:
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 9 December 2017 - 11:57 am by [MM]Gallas
Hi InsomniaXD,

Try this guide:
[You must login to view link]

or

With Userpatch 1.5 you have a RandomPercent condition.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ KiN ]Insomnia_KiN

Posted 9 December 2017 - 2:16 pm
So its not a 3rd party program?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 9 December 2017 - 2:25 pm
aokTS (if you mean that) is just optional for this trick not mandatory.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ KiN ]Insomnia_KiN

Edited 9 December 2017 - 4:00 pm by [ KiN ]Insomnia_KiN
So based on my scenerio What I'm I doing wrong?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ KiN ]Insomnia_KiN

Posted 9 December 2017 - 4:01 pm
Is that convertible to HD steam the randompercent?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 9 December 2017 - 5:24 pm by [MM]Gallas
I suggest check some similar map's triggers if the tutorial not helps enough. And no, UserPatch's new triggers are not working with aoeHD and other aoc patches.

Edit: Checked your map, and the triggers are chaotic. Try do it with the ram/transport way.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ KiN ]Insomnia_KiN

Posted 9 December 2017 - 6:21 pm
They guy doing the triggers is so lost lol.. It really seems like a hard task
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ KiN ]Insomnia_KiN

Posted 9 December 2017 - 6:22 pm
What about pop 1k and free houses/carto on steam? I know it works with your map of GOT
Link | Reply | Quote
 Pak4life

Edited 9 December 2017 - 6:34 pm by Pak4life
[MM]Gallas wrote:
I suggest check some similar map's triggers if the tutorial not helps enough. And no, UserPatch's new triggers are not working with aoeHD and other aoc patches.

Edit: Checked your map, and the triggers are chaotic. Try do it with the ram/transport way.

so you are suggesting i should use rams on land instead of kings?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ KiN ]Insomnia_KiN

Posted 9 December 2017 - 6:39 pm
Pak4life wrote:
so you are suggesting i should use rams on land instead of kings?

Finally direct conversation
Link | Reply | Quote
 Pak4life

Posted 9 December 2017 - 6:55 pm
Can you tell me a map that has similar triggers. so i can understand the concept of what you are saying.

thanks
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 9 December 2017 - 7:29 pm by [MM]Gallas
Some example where I used randomizes:
Blood of the hill
Vampire Reincarnation
Sheep vs Wolf 1
TDII TeamBonus V3
BattleShip Blood (it's hidden, but still there)

King system from working maps:
=V= Europe Random
=V= Europe 2v2

I think the example scenario from the aok.heaven guide shows the concept well. The transport-ship unloads to a random location, if ordered to unload under itself by the trigger. By the unload location you can make 4 possible point, so a 25% randomness. Giving more ship can give more options.

Here two example:
- 8+8 unit in two transport-ship. Game detect diplo (mostly based on who is allied with p1) then remove the unnecessary units from ships (based on result), then you have 4+4. Unload them, you got two team spawn point. This is what I used in the Blood of the hill map.
- 3 ship now. One with just two exit (50-50%) other two 4-4 (25% 4x + 25% 4x). Each ship has just 1 unit in it. Unload it from first ship, then it can be 50-50% which comes next, then unload from that. You made a 12.5% random option. Then close the unload option from that. Now You have 50-50% then 25% 3x + 25% 4x. Repeat unloading till not all spot has been used (make sure, if one boat is already used all point, then close that option from 1. boat. Maybe this one sounds a bit overcomplicated, but it works fine for the battleship map.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Pak4life

Edited 9 December 2017 - 7:57 pm by Pak4life
Have you used randomized Spots with Age2HD?

im not doing this on voobly version of the map .scx

it is .aoe2scenario

Edited: On the Transport Ship. Do i need to have Gaia units inside the ship? because there
the ships is empty and how will it unload?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 9 December 2017 - 8:02 pm by [MM]Gallas
I not made this from scratch there, but I have some scenarios in my steam-workshop which uses the same method (as I made most of them under 1.0c so it works there as aoeHD based from 1.0c).

Gaia is not mandatory, but hardly suggested to prevent abuses (host delete it when enemy have to spawn). And yes, gaia unit in gaia loader.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 19 posts