Issue installing compatability patch

VexXeD

Posted 25 September 2017 - 3:55 am
Hi, upon attempting to execute(attempted to run as administrator) the compatability patch i keep recieving the error "Age2HD installation was not detected at".I have Aoe2HD on steam in the same drive as voobly. Still unable to connect the two.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 25 September 2017 - 1:10 pm
Please run the game diagnostics and share the outcome with us. You will find this option in here:
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 VexXeD

Posted 26 September 2017 - 8:57 pm
This is the Message i recieve "Age2HD installation was not detected at"
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:27 pm
hi
try this see if it helps: http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/273474
Link | Reply | Quote
 VexXeD

Posted 27 September 2017 - 3:12 am
I did a clean installation following the steps on that link. However after installing the compatability patch into c:\program files (x86)\steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD I still recieved the same message. When I reinstalled Age2HD on steam, i did not have to wait for any dependencies. I still received the same message after game diagnostics ran its first test of "Age2HD installation was not detected at".
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 27 September 2017 - 12:35 pm
Seems you are using the old compatibility patch. Please uninstall the compatibility patch from control panel.

Once done, start the game from steam and make sure everything works fine. Then exit the game and install [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [CSC]Bieber

Edited 28 September 2017 - 3:29 am by [CSC]Bieber
I'm having the same problem right now actually the patch isn't working for me gives me same error.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [CSC]Bieber

Posted 28 September 2017 - 4:28 am
The compatibility patch looks like it downloads some of the files then just stops. I could be wrong
Link | Reply | Quote
 VexXeD

Posted 28 September 2017 - 5:18 am
I went through my control panel and did not find any comparability patches to uninstall, I had removed them previously. When I executed the compatibility patch from you I still got the same error message. After I closed out the error message it prompted me to run the installation wizard of the compatibility patch. I ran it, and it finished. When I opened voobly I still have the same error when I run game diagnostic. When I select the location to install the compatibility patch, I select, programfilesx86-steam-steamapps-common-age2hd and save it in there, is that where it should be?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:50 am
https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch

Follow this guide as is and you should be fine.

P.S: Pay close attention to step 17
Link | Reply | Quote
 VexXeD

Posted 28 September 2017 - 11:35 pm
Whew I finally got the everything looks fine message. Thanks for your patience. Unfortunately now I tried hosting my own game with a bot and it is pretty unplayable. The screen f****s black every 10 seconds or so for about 5 seconds. I also can hardly move my cursor. Am I doing something wrong? Again thanks for all the help sorry for being a pain.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 29 September 2017 - 12:27 am
hi
try these settings:
Link | Reply | Quote
 VexXeD

Posted 30 September 2017 - 4:57 am
Hey thank you, Those settings have drastically increased the performance, no more f****ing and the game is certainly playable. However Ive noticed the scrolling appears choppy. Like when i drag my mouse along the map it gets blurry and doesn't glide smoothly. I previously played on HD on steam, do you know if the scrolling just more smooth on HD? Or have you heard of any complaints about this.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 30 September 2017 - 9:51 pm
AFAIK, the HD version does support smooth scrolling. I wouldn't say its good, just different. If you are used to it, you mind find it slightly unusual when playing the classic version on Voobly.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 14 out of 14 posts