Losing in noob lobby

[LyF]JimmY

Posted 31 July 2017 - 1:17 am
+kwin wrote:
Well, I don't know if Voobly is for you Mr zahinokenshield, but I don't think the NPL is for someone who insults his team mates to be noobs...
http://www.voobly.com/match/view/15953944/In-Game-Chat/game/AOC/ingamechat/15953944/39799860

00:52:19 TheWav3Reaver resigned
00:53:20 zahinokenshield: u guys play like noobs
00:53:59 zahinokenshield: cya guys later
00:54:14 zahinokenshield resigned ======>>>> Player winning team *****
00:57:02 Stichel resigned
01:03:12 yoCSAlaskA resigned
01:04:53 hayawan resigned

4v4 Game played for Beginners ladder, result 3 winners, 5 losers.

This is a typical resigning while won game, and results in a ban for NPL if someone reports it.
Additionally, If you don't want to play with "noobs", why you keep playing in the "noob lobby" ?

My advice to you, based on this game, is: Voobly NPL isn't for you, go play in Voobly MS. Hope iam helpful ;doofy

Edit: After watching this game, I wonder why you insult your team mates for noobs while you played as a NPL noob yourself?
I am not going to report this for the moment, because I don't want you in MS, but I really hate players who act like you do in a game...

Voobly doesn't deserve a guy like you bro.
Link | Reply | Quote
 El_Moaicano

Edited 31 July 2017 - 10:31 am by +chris@voobly
you all need him

[admin edit] stop posting those huge pictures
Link | Reply | Quote
 zahin

Edited 31 July 2017 - 8:23 am by zahin
love you too kwin <3 <3
[p.s iam a noob]
[p.s.s noob calling noob = brother]
[P.s.s.s my team mates were an ass]
[p.s.s.s.s follow jimmys advice kwin]
[p.s.s.s.s.s why are you stalking me i am feeling unprotected about my private matches]
[p.s.s.s.s.s.s you forgoted me best friend kwin ;2confused ;tears (i know old age)]
;doofy
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Edited 31 July 2017 - 11:13 pm by +kwin
Off Topic:

I am very sorry to hear you have a stalker :(
The good thing is, you can report stalkers here:
http://www.voobly.com/forum/view/556

I am also sorry to say you that rated games are never private matches, if you play rated, then you have to follow some rules, if someone doesn't follow those rules, there is also a solution on Voobly, you can report those guys here if it happened in NPL and if they are game related:
http://www.voobly.com/forum/view/45646

The rest is private, but I can tell you that I choose my own friends, and I also follow my own advice for many many years, and I never had real problems with this kind of life, not in this fake internet world, and, more important, also not in my real world...

I also see you have many Voobly friends with a + in the name, but guess what... I always follow my own advice, so, I totally don't care about that...

And, I am very happy about this...
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TMA]JotaPex

Posted 31 July 2017 - 11:11 pm
If you play on npl for rate, play 1vs1, TG only if you have friends or a clan for play together.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MarlonLeo

Edited 1 August 2017 - 7:45 am by MarlonLeo
I will tell my story, maybe will help. Sorry if my english is bad. When I was little (around 2003) , my cousin show me AOE 1. Instantly I fell in love, was playing every day and really love the game but that was all against computer. Years have passed and my family bought new brand computer, suddenly I forgot about this strategy game and played games like Fifa, war games or Pes with my friends. But in my mind true love never dissappear, always wondering if someone is playing that ancient game. I did not even know that AOe2 or AOE 3 exist, till I found some recorded games on youtube and channels like Zeroempires. That was in 2016, 13 years later. I could not believe that aoe 2 community is so big, ofc Aoe3 is not so interesting like aoe2 so I choose to play Aoe2. Game is like crack addiction, seriously... Further, I found voobly and started playing in NPL. MY rating dropped from 1200 to 1050, because I was slow and knew nothing about strategy and little about units. So, i watched for many days a games on youtube, read about ALL civs, ALL UU, when to do economy upragades , what is pierce or melee attack, armor and so on. Suddenly I improved to 1290... and now Im in MS lobby just 8 months after I discovered that crazy game. Trying to hold that 15++ rating. I have advice to you and all beginners, do what I had done and start with BF, map is very closed so you dont have to worry about early attacks, you will learn more about eco and what counter what, there is huge wars so you will see. But first you must learn all about civs, day by day. You can atfer that move to arena or nomad , like me. That was start of my improvement. Just play closed maps for now, leave arabia for some later time. My next stage of progress is micro, that is my problem. I hope it will help a little bit. Cheers from Croatia.
Link | Reply | Quote
 zahin

Posted 1 August 2017 - 9:46 am
I dont understand what you are saying.i choose my own friend,what is the problem if they are working for voobly,they are still normal players and i loved to hang out with them or talking with them.I dont think i ever boasted about them, i also know they wont do anything unfair for me.If they ever find i have to be banned they wont wait a sec to ask me ;3confused .I dont ask for any favour with them.Jimmys advice(Yall need girlfriends) was a complete joke.Everybody understands that.....;2confused
kwin(ex-gaming forum leader,old Ms zone player) you cant really judge me from just 1 game.Try seeing all my games or at least know me :( .
you are just making a gap with my friends and voobly staffs will think twice before talking to me.;tears
its getting complicated...;byecry
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LyF]JimmY

Posted 1 August 2017 - 10:30 am
zahin wrote:
I dont understand what you are saying.i choose my own friend,what is the problem if they are working for voobly,they are still normal players and i loved to hang out with them or talking with them.I dont think i ever boasted about them, i also know they wont do anything unfair for me.If they ever find i have to be banned they wont wait a sec to ask me ;3confused .I dont ask for any favour with them.Jimmys advice(Yall need girlfriends) was a complete joke.Everybody understands that.....;2confused
kwin(ex-gaming forum leader,old Ms zone player) you cant really judge me from just 1 game.Try seeing all my games or at least know me :( .
you are just making a gap with my friends and voobly staffs will think twice before talking to me.;tears
its getting complicated...;byecry

I'm deadly serious you sausage sandwich
Link | Reply | Quote
 zahin

Posted 1 August 2017 - 10:46 am
YES SIR!!!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [LyF]JimmY

Posted 1 August 2017 - 10:48 am
zahin wrote:
YES SIR!!!

Sir is correct
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sT]The_Paladin

Posted 3 August 2017 - 2:06 am
Hey! Welcome to Voobly. I've been playing since 1999 on MSN Gaming Zone.

First, I apologize for the noob bashers in the NPL (New Player Lobby). The mods do their best to combat this, but somebody can change an IP and create a new account and get back in there.

I might suggest learning the basics as stated by others in this thread. Further, I would try to play againstr players that have very low ratings/scores. Perhaps host agame yourself and pick and choose who you want to play with. Look at low ratings like 15-90 (W/L) as an example.

I used to be a DM Age of Kings player on Zone, and didn't start playing RM until I found Voobly in 2010 or 2011. Once I learned the basics, this helped enhance my game significanty: [You must login to view link]

Best of luck in your gaming endeavors!

PS - Learn hotkeys!
Link | Reply | Quote
 AMalik

Edited 3 August 2017 - 11:47 am by AMalik
Please stop blaming others instead learn the game. Watch games of 2K plus players to learn. You dont get bashed if you put rating in npl like 0-1100 or 1150. if you cant play against 1100 (i dont think a good player in npl have 1100 ratings or even earlier 1200) npl player then you need play rm vs comp first and learn. Simple way is to watch 1000 plus good games and then try to copy them completely into your game when you play. If you are serious about AOE like many people on voobly then you have to make time for watching games.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Natian

Posted 5 August 2017 - 5:43 pm
MH297 wrote:
I would like to play against people my own level or slightly higher and actually enjoy the game instead of getting destroyed one sidedly.
TLDR: The noob lobby isn't for noobs

I'm the same. But I've found some little things that have helped.

1. Don't play ranked games that have 'noob' in the title.
Seems counterintuitive but my experience is there is nearly always one or more noob bashers who join, probaby because they want to win more easily. New Player Lobby is meant to be all noobs as you say so don't bother.

2. Don't joing games that are FMT (friends make team) unless it's an unranked friendly for banter. They will nearly always win...

3. Practice 1v1 Green Arabia where you host. Set the game required rating to be 50 points above / below you roughly (e.g. 1000 to 1100). I'd also kick anyone who's fp so you don't lag.

I managed to win 7 games in a row after having lost 2/3 of my games before that. And they where even matches which both players enjoyed.

It has let me practice builds and improve game play strategy.

Have fun!
PS feel free to message me and arrange match sometime

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]
Displaying 31 - 43 out of 43 posts