Community Forums > General > Announcements > UserPatch 1.5 Public Beta on Voobly

UserPatch 1.5 Public Beta on Voobly

Rodrigus

Group: Standard Membership
Edited 31 August 2017 - 8:27 am by Rodrigus
I just realised that first time I put the process to be closed, it seems to work, but the program doesn't close and it doesn't dissapear from the list as well. When I try and close it again then this message is shown. (it means the operation couldn't be completed - access denied).
Attachments:
voobly crash 2.png (file size: 570.1 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Rodrigus

Posted 2 September 2017 - 4:44 pm
Sorry where should I post for getting some help'?
Link | Reply | Quote
 EbYRoY

Posted 4 September 2017 - 11:23 am
Good going ;1thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 Felipe_EL_Guapo

Edited 24 September 2017 - 11:11 am by Felipe_EL_Guapo
Hi there,

I've been testing 1.5 beta R3 and I'd like to live some comments here.

1) Launching the game from the desktop for casual games with AIs crashes: Error: Age of empire II expansion has stopped working) either when quitting the game or finishing a record. This issue only happens when playing the game from the desktop (not launhed on voobly) and with any version selected)

2) Advanced statistic system for recorded games doesn't work when launching the game from desktop.

3) Alternative colours from the original 1.5 don't work on voobly version.

4) The ALT-F5 ping and fp indicators overlap the resource count when launching from desktop. Works fine beside the clock in the voobly version as it was meant to.

5) The letters dissapear in the chat box when writing a message in the game.

I hope you guys can fix those issues that make a gap between the 1.5 voobly version and the genuine 1.5 that has none of this issues.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]_Zix

Posted 25 September 2017 - 9:50 pm
Voobly crashed while playing with 1.5, please fix this. I've attached the txt and dump files.
Attachments:
crash.zip (file size: 255.7 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 CSA_L_Armistead

Posted 26 September 2017 - 11:00 pm
I exit my games by clicking F10+enter+enter (F10 to bring up the menu, ENTER to "Quit Game", ENTER again to confirm my exit). For 18 years, doing this has brought me to the Achievements screen, but with 1.5 there is a bug that registers that final ENTER twice, so the Achievements screen displays for a fraction of a second before exiting.

18 years of clicking F10+enter+enter in rapid succession at the end of a game is a hard habit to break, and it's also the fastest way to exit the game and view achievements. I know it's not a major bug, I would very much welcome a fix.
Link | Reply | Quote
 SomniumM

Posted 4 October 2017 - 1:45 am
I have the same error when I try to watch recorded games. The games play for about a minute and then suddenly stop working. Would definitely appreciate a fix to this :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 +Jineapple

Group: System Operator
Posted 4 October 2017 - 12:11 pm
SomniumM wrote:
I have the same error when I try to watch recorded games. The games play for about a minute and then suddenly stop working. Would definitely appreciate a fix to this :)

Are you sure the recorded games were played back on the identical patch+data mod they were originally played on?
Link | Reply | Quote
 SomniumM

Posted 12 October 2017 - 12:06 am
Yeah, Im positive. When I watch them the games start for about 30 seconds - 1 minute, then they stop working. When using the wrong patch they don't load at all in the first place.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ho915

Edited 13 October 2017 - 11:54 am by ho915
Yesterday I found a problem of 1.5 beta R5 recordings. I further test about it by comparing with some Nomad/Black Forest TG or 1v1 Arabia games and some recordings of beta R4 today.

- only the BF recordings end at the time before the actual game ended (e.g. 28mins instead of 55mins)
- all the BF recordings watched with 1.5 beta R5 end at between 20~30 mins

I also found a BF recording with 1.5 beta R4 from other people, which end at 44 secs.
Would the early end be at same time a pause of the actual game? But all of many R5 BF recordings I compared ends at between 20~30 mins.

I didn't further test to compared with recordings of more different maps or more previous beta version of the patch.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 13 October 2017 - 5:06 pm
You have to use the same patch and/or mod to watch the recorded games. Most 1.5 patches were backwards compatible, but the new R5 is not.

http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/631/v15-Beta-R5
Quote:
Full rec compatibility break, due to the critical bug fixes above.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['sT]TikitakaAttacka

Posted 30 October 2017 - 3:28 pm
thanks everybody for the good work! ;good
Link | Reply | Quote
 ho915

Posted 9 December 2017 - 9:19 am
I don't know the problem below is related to Userpatch 1.5 or WololoKingdoms

When I'm using WololoKingdoms mod, I can't actually change the hotkey of the new things added after the Forgotten Empires. I see the change in hotkey setting, but I can still only use the "O" to build the Palisade Gate, only "C" to make the Battle Elephant in Stable, only "S" to make the Genitour in Archery Range.

hotkey of Condottiero (in Forgotten) can be changed.

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]
Displaying 31 - 43 out of 43 posts