Input lag, Low FPS (40-50).

Metzoor

Edited 14 July 2017 - 12:28 am by Metzoor
Hi, yesterday I started playing on Voobly, after I bought HD version on Steam. I have major problem though. When the game starts you can instantly feel the difference, the lag, sluggish screen/ mouse movement. I had the same thing in Starcraft : Brood War, when I installed it after Blizzard announced compatibility support for new systems, and the problem there was that the game was launching in Borderless Windowed Mode. When someone on Blizzard forums mentioned to change that from Borderless to FullScreen, all the problems went away.

I was thinking maybe here we have the same problem. Since the mouse movement feels EXACTLY the same *input lag?*, but the FPS drops are more severe(also another thing is that when I click on mini map in aoe2 and hold it and then spin the map the fps goes up to 250, and then when I stop it goes back to 45,46,52).

None of the problems are present in HD version, although I didn't play in in window mode maybe I will test it and post here later.

I read like 10 threads here on Voobly through google, when it comes to input lag or FPS drops, but nothing helped. Changed my Nvidia setting, Changed Voobly setting to recommended( Tried untick window mode, but that didn't help neither).

So yeah... If anyone has an idea what is wrong, I would appreciate the help.

Thank you.

@Edit
I also run Game Diagnostics, and it said there were no problems.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ____Kofahi____

Posted 14 July 2017 - 1:16 am
Hi
You have Windows 10?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Metzoor

Edited 14 July 2017 - 2:18 am by Metzoor
Hi
You have Windows 10?
Yes, 64bit.

Edit@

In Attachments I submitted System Info. Also my Graphics card is Geforce GTX 1050.

Edit@ Also noticed when I Launched through Single Player, and loaded a replay,there was NO PROBLEM. Tickrate and FPS were fine.
Attachments:
system.png (file size: 55.68 KB)
nvidia.png (file size: 75.84 KB)
nvidia2.png (file size: 66.93 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Metzoor

Posted 14 July 2017 - 3:43 am
BUMP.

Link | Reply | Quote
 ____Kofahi____

Posted 14 July 2017 - 4:44 am
In the game room you have the same settings like these in the picture?
You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 Metzoor

Edited 14 July 2017 - 7:56 am by Metzoor
Yes, but instead of UP Style I have UserPatch. In Command Line Position.

@Edit

I checked the game again, unchecked everything and checked it back, and also had an update to voobly, and it works o_O.

My mouse still feels kinda sluggish, but fps drops no longer are a problem :))
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Blackmore

Posted 14 July 2017 - 7:58 am
Have you tried unchecking the 32 bit color and the window mode? Also the game itself doesn't use high fps, what are you using to measure them?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Metzoor

Posted 14 July 2017 - 7:17 pm
_Blackmore wrote:
Have you tried unchecking the 32 bit color and the window mode? Also the game itself doesn't use high fps, what are you using to measure them?

Alt + F5. Although maybe that was a mistake since in HD i have stable 60fps locked, and in patched HD to play on voobly i had less, but i noticed that it goes up now when there is more stuff happening on the map. The game works well now :))
Link | Reply | Quote
 ____Kofahi____

Posted 14 July 2017 - 7:59 pm
Have fun! :)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 9 out of 9 posts