Voobly crashes on joining MS

+eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 July 2017 - 11:12 am
Hi [sQad]Pete26196!
Do you own a legit copy of the game? Either AoEHD from Steam or the original Disk?
Can you take a screenshot of the path your game is installed in? Alternatively, provide us with the Game diagnostics result below.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sQad]Pete26196

Posted 17 July 2017 - 12:07 pm
Yes I own a legit copy of AoEHD, it is currently installed in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD

[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 July 2017 - 1:11 pm
Thank you for the screenshot.

If you open the [You must login to view link], can you locate and launch the age2_x1.exe?

My predictions are:

A:
The copy Voobly is locating is not a legitimate one. Do you have the 'original game' installed on your PC as well? (Perhaps Voobly is locating it instead of your HD version)

B:
Patch 1.0c is missing.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [sQad]Pete26196

Posted 17 July 2017 - 1:22 pm
I have the CD's still of the original version but my laptop doesn't have a CD drive so when I got it I had to switch to using the HD version + compatibility patch, as such I don't have the original game installed.

Patch 1.0C is probably missing(?) I'd normally let voobly update the game / install relevant patches so that I could play, but as it is now its crashing before I get the chance + fully unistalling and reinstalling both voobly and HD means that I probably need to reapply the patches.

Trying to apply the 1.0C patch gives me the error message:

"The retail version of Age of Empires is not installed on this system"
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 17 July 2017 - 1:50 pm
Follow the steps thoroughly:
[You must login to view link]

Most importantly,
#9. Wait for the dependencies and updates to be installed before installing the Compatibility patch.

You must login into Voobly to view image

PS. We might have to go TeamViewer on this one.
If the above doesn't do, feel free to send me an inbox with your skype username.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Buzz_Glokki

Posted 19 July 2017 - 5:55 am
I sent you a private message ;flowers

Link | Reply | Quote
1[2]
Displaying 16 - 21 out of 21 posts