Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > I loose connection to voobly while my internet still connected

I loose connection to voobly while my internet still connected

ChurchonMonday

Posted 26 May 2017 - 11:39 pm
Hi, lately i've been having this trouble. I'm at a game, and suddenly i loose connection to voobly, but my internet's still running. Hope you give me an answer. Cheers
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 27 May 2017 - 12:30 pm
Voobly will get you disconnected if you lose your internet connection for longer than a few seconds, or if your IP changes during any such instance. Momentary disconnections are hard to pin point since your connection is restored by the time you realise the problem, unless you are monitoring your connection with a monitoring tool.

It is very common for players to drop once in a while or more often for some players with a poor connection. if this however, is happening more frequently in recent times, you might want to ring your ISP and check with them to see if there is a problem/outage. A change in their network setup can also be the cause of you loosing connection. That is ofcourse assuming that nothing has changed on your side.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ChurchonMonday

Posted 27 May 2017 - 3:47 pm
No, i don't think its about the internet. I changed the one i used to have for a better one, with the one before it looked like i dropped, but then got back and still connected to the drop box in the game and we could continue, now i dont even lose conecction, but voobly game room shows me losing connection to each of the players in game and i have to close it so i can log in again. Anything i can move in my pc/voobly/router settings?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ChurchonMonday

Posted 27 May 2017 - 3:48 pm
PS this only happens when in game. When I leave voobly just for spec or just in the lobby afk, never drops
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 27 May 2017 - 4:10 pm
but voobly game room shows me losing connection to each of the players in game and i have to close it so i can log in again.

This is exactly what happens when your internet connection drops momentarily.

Are there are a lot of devices users/ connected to your router/ modem? Do you sue any other active application that could be hogging your bandwidth? If not then you most likely have a problem with your connection and you may want to speak to your ISP about it.

Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 27 May 2017 - 4:12 pm
PS this only happens when in game. When I leave voobly just for spec or just in the lobby afk, never drops

Do you see yourself Fast proxy to any other player when you join a game room? How are the pings to the other players?

Can you run a speedtest from [You must login to view link] and share the results with us? Click on the 'share' link to share the results after you are done with the test.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ChurchonMonday

Posted 27 May 2017 - 6:59 pm
No fps, their pings between 100 - 300 max, so dunno what could it be. Heres the test [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 ChurchonMonday

Posted 27 May 2017 - 7:02 pm
There are other devices, mobiles tv pcs xbox, but dropping still when they are not been used
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 28 May 2017 - 1:38 pm by +sunny@voobly
Close every other application including browsers, cloud sync agents and/or any other app running in the background when running Voobly. Also make sure no other devices are connected to your router. If you still get disconnected, then I will need the logs immediately after your disconnection. .

You will find the logs in C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly. There will be 6 text files with the following names:

Voobly
Voobly(1)
Voobly(2)
Voobly(3)
Voobly(5)
Voobly(6)

Upload them to this thread after you get disconnected
Link | Reply | Quote
 ChurchonMonday

Posted 28 May 2017 - 5:59 pm
K there they are
Attachments:
Voobly.rar (file size: 43.94 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Blackmore

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:09 am
He asked in the spanish forum, I just asked him about his port. Anyway now that I see this, to ckeck the internet connection, something like "ping -t [You must login to view link]" would help.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:26 am
From the logs it's absolutely clear that you are loosing connection to the Voobly server. Can you run the ping test suggested above from a command prompt. Keep it running for about 2 hours and then share the stats.

Open command prompt, type the following and hit enter:
ping [You must login to view link] - t

After 2 hours press ctrl C to stop the ping. Then copy the results and paste them in here.

P.S: Play a game while the ping is running. If you get disconnected, alt tab to this window to see if you lost any packets at that instant. They would usually be marked with "Request timed out" or "Destination host unreachable"
Link | Reply | Quote
 ChurchonMonday

Posted 29 May 2017 - 2:29 am
k i wrote: ping [You must login to view link] - t at the command prompt, then i just have to wait? cause it seems like nothing happens.

The it says to click control - inter so i press it and stays the same C:\Documents and settings/... and the line tilting. So ill wait two hours like that and then press ctrl c
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Blackmore

Posted 29 May 2017 - 2:38 am
It's "-t", not "- t"
Link | Reply | Quote
 ChurchonMonday

Posted 29 May 2017 - 4:26 am
1111 ok lets wait another 2 hours

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 27 posts