Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > AoEII Conq - FP, Symmetric NAT, Network Health Poor, Cannot solve

AoEII Conq - FP, Symmetric NAT, Network Health Poor, Cannot solve

soadrocks

Edited 13 May 2017 - 11:17 pm by soadrocks
Hi
I have a problem with fp, network scan shows:

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 2' through port 64613 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 1' through port 57073 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 14845 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Starting networking diagnostics...

Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 1' through port 42981 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 24761 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 3' through port 52917 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Test Result: Symmetric NAT
Network Health: Poor
Recommended Action: Port forwarding recommended or switch routers. The only port you need to forward is UDP port 16000 on Voobly you do NOT need the direct play ports 2300-2400 and 47624.
Details: Your router assigned different public ports to all the test servers this will make it hard for users to directly connect to you. You will likely see a large number of fast proxies.

At first i was using router TP Link, i set my IP as static and made forwarding. Tried also with port 2300. Than i connected straight by modem, using a cable, now i dont use router anymore but network scan shows still the same. Problem with connecting to other players didnt dissapear. Sometimes i can start the game and its not breaking. but usually im being kicked out before the game starts :d I set Voobly as an exception in Windows firewall, i dont know what else can i do? Thanks for any help...
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 14 May 2017 - 1:23 am
hi
talk to your isp, see if you have a shared connection.
Link | Reply | Quote
 soadrocks

Posted 14 May 2017 - 10:19 am
is there any way to improve this connection if its like that?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 14 May 2017 - 2:41 pm
hi
with their assistance yes.
[what is the modem make and model number and which TPlink is the router?]
Link | Reply | Quote
 soadrocks

Posted 15 May 2017 - 3:20 am
Router TP link WR841N, modem Thomson TCM420, but the problem must be in modem coz when i connect without router its still the same... :/ I must say that with about 20% of players my connection is ok, when i join the lobby it shows green or yellow-green colour of my connection. Tomorrow i ll try to call isp.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 15 May 2017 - 3:53 am
hi
that seems a very old modem. made for tv/internet not cable internet as such and direct connection to a pc. [no router]
can you access it at all, does it have any advanced features? like virtual server or port forward?
talk to the isp techs, see if they can help.
Link | Reply | Quote
 soadrocks

Posted 15 May 2017 - 10:46 pm
I called today, guy from technical support told me that they should've given me new modem some time ago, but they forgot :O This that i have now its not for tv, but its an old type as you said :d There is no possibility to change any settings on my own, its all locked by them. On thursday they ll come and check this, i hope that change this **** into new one too... :d Thanks for your help, i ll write more on Thursday :))
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 15 May 2017 - 11:18 pm
hi
ok
Link | Reply | Quote
 soadrocks

Posted 22 May 2017 - 6:34 pm
Guy came, changed my modem, now i have Arris tm822s. Unluckily i still have the same problem... :/ He told me that its possible to log into it but there arent any extra options, so it probably wont help... Dont know how to solve this, maybe the problem are my net drivers?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Edited 23 May 2017 - 12:18 am by kitt
hi
this modem is not much better than the previous one and a old version. its a telphony modem. not a gateway. if it has no advanced features then you need another way to forward. the isp can access the modem directly i believe.
assuming a direct pc to modem connection, you can try resetting your lan card to "Obtain an IP address automatically and Obtain DNS server address automatically"click ok ok/save reboot the pc. check your pc firewall allows the game /voobly and port 16000udp
other than that you need to talk to them as to how to get a specific port forwarded and if you add a router what mode would it need to be set for. [ppoa...ppoe....ethernet...dhcp] and would it help.

edit
unless its had a firmware update, this modem may not support anything above win7.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts