Community Forums > Voobly Support and Game Complaints Support > Game related Problems and Questions > "lost connection to the server. reconnecting when game ends"

"lost connection to the server. reconnecting when game ends"

Woodenbird

Edited 18 April 2017 - 6:23 am by Woodenbird
This is the message i've got in the last few games. I'm playing and all of a sudden the game crashes, and voobly disconnects. My stats are getting very bad now because of that. What can i do?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 19 April 2017 - 3:22 pm
hi
whats changed pc wise? new op/system, new modem/router, new isp? are you using the hd version?
from options at the top of a lobby,do the network and game diagnostic and show here in full.
do you have any ports forwarded? have you done a virus/trojan scan lately?
go here and del any temp saves
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\SaveGame\Multi
or
C:\Program Files[86]\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II\SaveGame\Multi
when the host launches to the civ set up screen, resume the room. see if that helps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Woodenbird

Edited 21 April 2017 - 8:45 pm by Woodenbird
I've changed nothing in my pc. No, i'm not using the HD version. I am not sure about the virus though, but i don't know. In the technical support chat they told me to turn my antivirus and my firewall off. Is it the right thing to do?

This is what i get in the network diagnostic

Starting networking diagnostics...

Your local network port (UDP) is 16000. All game traffic is routed through this port. This can be changed in "Settings" -> "NAT Traversal".

Attempting to connect to 3 test servers. This will take around a minute to complete...

Received data from 'server 3' through port 8172 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 1' through port 8172 (this is your WAN or router port)
Received data from 'server 2' through port 8172 (this is your WAN or router port)
14 seconds left.
9 seconds left.
4 seconds left.

Resultado del Test: Not Forwarded
Estado de la Red: Warnings found but probably OK
Acción Recomendada: if you experience networking problems such fast proxy then port forwarding is recommended. The only port you need to forward is UDP port 16000 on Voobly you do NOT need the direct play ports 2300-2400 and 47624.
Detalles: You were able to receive traffic on the same port from all the servers, however, you were not able to receive data on the port configured in the Voobly client settings. It is recommended you forward this port in your router to the PC you use to play.

Para ayuda entendiendo este reporte o para mayor información ve a http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/177#Network_Diagnostic_Tool.

"do you have any ports forwarded?" How can i know that?

I'll follow your other advices.

Thank you
Link | Reply | Quote
 Woodenbird

Posted 21 April 2017 - 8:47 pm
I don't really understand very well what's that "port forwarding" thing. How can i do it?
Link | Reply | Quote
 Woodenbird

Posted 23 April 2017 - 9:35 pm
Please help
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 24 April 2017 - 2:30 am
hi
find the make and model number of your modem/router. then go here and find it [You must login to view link]
follow the guide to set up port 16000udp forwarded to your private pc ip.
anti-virus and pc firewall should be configured to allow the game/voobly. only turned off when testing.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Mr_Alexey

Posted 23 May 2017 - 2:28 am
i did it, but it do not fix anything, i switch off firewall and any kind of antivirus
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 23 May 2017 - 2:33 am
hi
do the network diagnoses again and show here. a few screen shots of your router settings. have you checked that the ip you forwarded is still correct?
DHCP and step1: http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/134
Link | Reply | Quote
 Petrusk

Posted 15 June 2017 - 5:15 am
That port forwading thing seems complicated.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 15 June 2017 - 1:41 pm
Petrusk wrote:
That port forwading thing seems complicated.

If you need help forwarding your Voobly NAT port, please join our help room where we are happy to walk you step by step through the process.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts