Change game language

GTAnakin

Posted 11 March 2017 - 10:55 am
Hi,
mike told me(http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/261582), that you are the experts for my problem :D

So a fried asked me to play AOE 2 with him, so i installed my AoE HD from steam again. He said i need voobly, because he has still the CD Version with voobly and i did.

Further i installed the mod version from forgotten empires. When i play AoE HD local from steam, the language is in german. Even for FE i found an german patch that changes the language.

But when i play the game (AoE HD or FE) with voobly, everything is in english. Is there a way to change the language?? Since all language strings are installed, i think it's a problem of a setting from Voobly
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MPU]Dettol

Edited 11 March 2017 - 11:30 am by [MPU]Dettol
voobly only supports english language for aoe hd version.
Link | Reply | Quote
 GTAnakin

Posted 11 March 2017 - 12:58 pm
any chance for a hack??

because i just noticed that voobly FE has no localization since i changed FE language to german
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MPU]Dettol

Posted 11 March 2017 - 1:33 pm
if you want to play aoc on voobly with german language , you should use the cd original version (if you don't have the aoc installation in english , you can follow the steps in [You must login to view link] and swicth to german language), and use the hd version just in steam .

and concerning the fe in voobly its a data mod , its by default in english , and the latest versions of the mod doesnt have a language support anymore ([You must login to view link] ) since forgotten empires team joined the aoe hd devellopement team back in 2013.
Link | Reply | Quote
 GTAnakin

Posted 11 March 2017 - 2:20 pm
so i need to edit in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD language.dll, language_x1.dll and language_x1_p1.dll right??

I edited with reshacker and i found the correct german strings. But the dll resource names are not the same. I exported to .rc. But how can i recompile it to dll??
Link | Reply | Quote
 GTAnakin

Posted 11 March 2017 - 2:36 pm
i just tried this:
replace language_x1_ps.dll with the one from the german language pack from FE 2.2 => FE with voobly is in german :D (not tested all strings)

i noticed that language.dll and language_x1.dll from C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD are the same as language_x1_p1.dll from the link you gave to me. renaming and replacing => still in english.

So wherer does voobly get the english strings when playing 1.4 oatch or the stock game?? for FE it is the language_x1_p1.dll in the Age2HD folder
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MPU]Dettol

Posted 11 March 2017 - 3:17 pm
if you want to edit the language files of the fe mod ( ps : not sure if the old language files will work , but have a try at it ) do this :
go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods
and then enter forgotten empires folder and then look for the language files there ( their placement depends on the fe version )
Link | Reply | Quote
 GTAnakin

Posted 11 March 2017 - 3:49 pm
mh there is no such folder. Only a patches/1.4 RC/ with mod.ini userpatch.dll and version.ini.

As i said the FE mod is in german now. It's just the 1.4 patch and the "normal" version that are still in english
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MPU]Dettol

Edited 11 March 2017 - 5:33 pm by [MPU]Dettol
GTAnakin wrote:
It's just the 1.4 patch and the "normal" version that are still in english
like i said in my previous answer , voobly on support english language for aoe hd , if you german language you need to use classic aoc version on voobly ( not the hd one ).
Link | Reply | Quote
 GTAnakin

Posted 11 March 2017 - 5:57 pm
ok. just thought there is somewhere a dll like for FE that i can change for german. (i don't know where my classic version is :D)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MPU]Dettol

Posted 11 March 2017 - 6:26 pm
yes , as mentioned before , fe is a data mod , that you can download from voobly mod center .
try to download this http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/12/Forgotten-Empires-22 and then go to
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\Voobly Mods\AOC\Data Mods and try to look inside the forgotten empires folder and edit the language files ( but i don't know if those old language files in fe website are compatible with the 2.2 version )
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 11 March 2017 - 9:02 pm
If he's using the Compatibility Patch, couldn't he simply replace the language files in the Age2HD folder with german ones? That should do the trick.
Link | Reply | Quote
 GTAnakin

Posted 12 March 2017 - 11:33 am
yeah i use the compatibility mod. And as i said before there is no ..\AOC\Data folder. But FE 2.2 works.

I replaced the language file language_x1_p1.dll in the root directory (Age2HD) with the one from the language patch from FE and it works.
But when i replace the language_x1.dll and language.dll in the root directory with the German one, they don't work
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 12 March 2017 - 6:05 pm
Try the following: Go to your HD installation folder (...Age2HD)/bin/en. Make a backup of the en-language.txt and replace it with the one I've uploaded with this post. That should do it.
Attachments:
en-language.txt (file size: 578.83 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 GTAnakin

Posted 13 March 2017 - 11:59 am
;yahoo it works thank you very much :D

only the standard order and slogan from the chat menu are gone. But also when i start via steam there are a lot of things missing. In Multiplayer i don't care because you'll never play with AI so you can give orders to your friends anyway. But playing single steam against ki it would be nice to give the AI friends the order to build an market or ask for help if the enemy is coming. Is it possible that i break those missing order/slogans by those language tricks??

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 16 posts