mod request

[F_Club]_domestic_enemy

Posted 6 March 2017 - 8:08 pm
Hi all,
as u probably know the proportion of the map u see on ur screen depends on ur resolution. So, players with 1920x1080 resolution see at any given time on their screen about 2 times more map than me, for example, as i have 1360x720 maximum resolution (point of view is more elevated with higher resolution and the screen is wider). I ask if it can be a mod that can override the restriction of the resolution so players with lower resolution can see the map wider, as I find that the wider the screen, the bigger advantage players have especially in open maps. Thx :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 6 March 2017 - 9:13 pm
Hi _domestic_enemy,

As mod this cannot be done, even as patch I don't think so. Having a bigger monitor is kinda like owning a better hardware in fps games, yes it's matter a lot.

This is not what you are looking for, but may will find useful:
AoC MaxiMap by Arpeggio: [You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 [F_Club]_domestic_enemy

Posted 7 March 2017 - 5:28 am
The link to the enlarged minimap doesnt really help but thx.
I know what u mean about the monitor, but I've always been playing on laptop as im quite often on the move, and it's still not the time for this one to be replaced.
Lately I tried to give open maps a serious chance and i find the limited view quite restricting, and as i talk about it with other players i find out that there are quite a lot of them face the same issue, either with older monitors with low reso or guys on laptops like me. Thats why i thought maybe a mod or a patch could help about it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 7 March 2017 - 8:03 am
Virtual machines higher than your current resolution should do the trick, if you are not considering an upgrade.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [F_Club]_domestic_enemy

Posted 7 March 2017 - 11:52 am
Can u give any more info on virtual machines?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 7 March 2017 - 1:52 pm
[You must login to view link]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 6 out of 6 posts