Can't join new player lobby

HaGa_

Posted 12 January 2017 - 12:11 pm
Hi,

I can't join new player lobby, because im not new to the game, but i haven't played in a long time so the level of medieval siege is a little to high.

When are u able to play om new player lobby and when not? what are the requirements?

Rob
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 12 January 2017 - 3:36 pm
hi
NPL is for new players, not experienced or returning players. the standard is monitored by the server and is on auto.
Link | Reply | Quote
 eliz82

Posted 1 February 2017 - 6:11 pm
Some years ago Intermediate level was in both New Player lobby and Medieval siege lobby. I used to play intermediate level games while this lobby was in the New Player Lobby.
Two years ago you removed Intermediate players lobby from the New Player Lobby and move it only to the Medieval Siege lobby. Never played any Intermediate game again as I rarely saw Intermediate level games in Medieval Siege lobby.
Now you have made a separate Intermediate lobby that usually have less then 20 players.

And now you are starting to kick us out from the New Player Lobby.
You complain that this game is dying, but you chase peoples out of voobly with your stupid decisions.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 1 February 2017 - 6:24 pm
hi
NPL is for new players, not experienced or returning players. the standard is monitored by the server and is on auto.
Link | Reply | Quote
 nightmare_123

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:31 am
hi ı cant join npl too and ı'm new player. ı'm noob and cant play other players in rm medieval siege room. pls help. ı want to join npl.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [aGx]duckcity

Posted 19 June 2017 - 10:02 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
We are sure, that you will easily find your way to some decent games in the MS lobbies. :)
http://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123165442/Ratings

I am in a similar place. I haven't played in 3 years - at best I am a 1300 player right now. To force me to play in MS would just ruin games for all 7 other players and would not be any fun for me since I no longer have the apm or strategy knowledge. Is there any way I can get my ratings reset or something? If there were rating decay I would not have this issue.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 19 June 2017 - 11:06 pm
hi
the process is on auto.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [aGx]duckcity

Posted 20 June 2017 - 12:05 am
You guys just don't even read the comments.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Jineapple

Posted 20 June 2017 - 10:54 am
They do. The NPL restrictions are automatic, there is no way for you to get access to NPL again if you have an account that's banned from the NPL. You surely have the game knowledge to be able to compete in the NPL and to unrust a bit you could play a few matches against an AI.
Link | Reply | Quote
 nightmare_123

Posted 20 June 2017 - 9:27 pm
But, I haven't played for 4-5 years. I'm very noob now and nobody wants to play with me in MS lobbies. I can not find an opponent. This is ridiculous and annoying. Firstly I want to practice in NPL then play in MS lobbies. Please help me, let me play in NPL.
Link | Reply | Quote
 nightmare_123

Posted 20 June 2017 - 9:29 pm
+chris@voobly wrote:
We are sure, that you will easily find your way to some decent games in the MS lobbies. :)
http://www.voobly.com/profile/view/123165442/Ratings
But, I haven't played for 4-5 years. I'm very noob now and nobody wants to play with me in MS lobbies. I can not find an opponent. This is ridiculous and annoying. Firstly I want to practice in NPL then play in MS lobbies. Please help me, let me play in NPL.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [aGx]duckcity

Edited 21 June 2017 - 5:47 am by [aGx]duckcity
Jineapple wrote:
They do. The NPL restrictions are automatic, there is no way for you to get access to NPL again if you have an account that's banned from the NPL. You surely have the game knowledge to be able to compete in the NPL and to unrust a bit you could play a few matches against an AI.

You severely underestimate how much information I have forgotten. If you asked me for any build order for Ara I could not tell you a single one. Similarly with BF (my preferred map) while my econ is okay (3-5 minutes slow to imp, which is dead weight in MS), my macro game is a disaster - I have trouble hitting the necessary vil counts and even more trouble with army compositions. Like I could not tell you the proper way to play half the civs in BF and the only way to learn that information is by playing since actual competitive information in this game is extremely sp****.

Moreover my micro skill is almost all gone. I did not play any RTS games during my break (mostly MOBAs and fps) and so any technical skill I had is completely gone.

At the core, I'd rather not have to make a new account to return to the game. I want to make it back to MS, but I don't see that being possible without at least 100 games in NPL. I wish intermediate ladder caught on.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 21 June 2017 - 11:34 am by +eric@voobly
The idea behind NPL is to give newcomers a chance to try the game online (for the first time?) without being smashed by casual players.
If we started to open up and make exceptions for returning veterans, casuals etc, it would defeat the whole purpose of having this lobby.

Please don't post your Game Complaints in the Technical Support section.
If you want to find out why you are unable to access the new player lobby, post it in NPL Complaints forum or read the NPL Ban Critera.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 13 out of 13 posts