AoE 2 Lag problems

VollkornMuesli

Posted 4 January 2017 - 7:31 pm
Hi,

I got the following problem: I can't really play AoE 2 because I got some major lag issues. I already did the port forwarding thing, but in some games I still have like a one-two second delay, which is awful and prevents me from playing seriously.

I don't think that my internet connection is the problem cause I got 100 Mbit/s and a ping aroung 20/25 ms.

My Setup is: Acer laptop with an i7-4702MQ CPU, a GTX 760M GPU, 8 GB RAM and a 260 GB SSD.

Can anybody help me or give me some advice? That would be like super awsome :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TheJedi]Genette

Edited 4 January 2017 - 9:22 pm by [TheJedi]Genette
Hi VollkornMuesli,

let's talk about things in the game room first: Do you see a yellow warning icon next to other players' names (indicating a Fast Proxy problem)? You said you forwarded ports. Did you make sure you forwarded them to the respective pc you play on? Port 16000 UDP is default and should work with most routers, our 2nd recommendation is Port 27000 UDP.

It's definitely either network (ports/firewall?) or software (antivirus/drivers/updates?) related, since your hardware should be able to run like 10x instances of AoC :P

We'll figure this out :)

Cheers,
Link | Reply | Quote
 VollkornMuesli

Posted 8 January 2017 - 5:57 pm
Hi, thanks for anwering so quickly. I didn't play AoE the last couple days so I forgot I posted sth here^^

1. No i don't see a yellow warning symbol.
2. I guess i correctly forwarded the ports, at least the programm "Port Forward Network Utilities" tells me so if I check if I forwaded the UDP-Ports 16000 or 27000 correctly.
3. Drivers should be up to date (I guess, but my Graphicscard driver is usually the most recent one)
4. I use Avira Free Antivirus, but I don't think that's the problem...My Firewall says that everything concerning AoE is allowed.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 3 out of 3 posts