Problems with AOC FP

always_win_

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:58 am
Hi everyone

Having an issue with myself being FP.

I have two computers at the home - one in the bedroom - one in the garage.

One in bedroom works fine - ports forwarded on my Virgin router which is the main network hub.

One in the garage is using a Devolo Wireless Powerline adapter to connect to the internet; this is the one that is having problems with the FP.

Could someone please help me with the situation? I've double checked and I have the 16000 UDP port forwarded correctly on my router afaik.

Cheers

Chris
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 27 December 2016 - 6:19 am
Hi,

1. Forward this port 27000 UDP to the Garage computers' LAN (IPV4) address in your Virgin router. Also, make sure to assign a DHCP reservation (Static IP) in your router for Garage computer.
2. Finally, open Voobly Settings > NAT Traversal: change Port(UDP) -> 27000 and Apply and Restart your client.

Cheers!
Link | Reply | Quote
 always_win_

Posted 2 January 2017 - 2:34 pm
Calvin

I am a bit of a tech newbie; is there any chance you can help talk me through the steps you have suggested?

Thanks

Chris
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Edited 3 January 2017 - 9:07 am by Cavin
Sure. First, gimme your Virgin router model details or simply take a screenshot of its port forwarding page and post back.
Also from the garage computer - Open Voobly Settings > NAT Traversal: change the port to 27000 and then run a network diagnostics scan and post that outcome log (You can find in the Lobby window, by clicking "Options").

Let's start from there! =)
Link | Reply | Quote
 always_win_

Posted 3 January 2017 - 1:02 pm
Calvin

Thanks for the instructions - I have attached the following for you here.

[You must login to view link]

Please advise

Cheers

Chris
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Edited 3 January 2017 - 10:31 pm by Cavin
Okay, thanks. Firstly you have to create a Static LAN IP preference for your both computers'. For reference (how-to-do) follow this article: [You must login to view link] (or) you can also simply assign a DHCP reservation within your router - using your computer's Physical (MAC) address and LAN (IPV4) address. To know about that open CMD >> type ipconfig /all and hit [Enter] key.

Secondly, you have to create two set of port rules, one for your home PC and another for your garage one. Check the image below:

Hope this helps, if you still have any doubts lemme know. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 always_win_

Posted 4 January 2017 - 4:27 am
Calvin

I've just done the static IP on one of my PCs (not the garage one) - can you confirm I've followed said instructions correctly?

Thanks

Chris
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Edited 4 January 2017 - 1:09 pm by Cavin
From your [You must login to view link] your LAN address looks different but it's fine as long as you assigned one static address. Now just like that assign one static address for your garage computer (i.e. 192.168.0.3) and forward your ports in the router.
Quote:
Name | Port Range | Protocol | IP Address

V1 | 16000 - 16000 | UDP | 192.168.0.2 -> Home Computer
V2 | 27000 - 27000 | UDP | 192.168.0.3 -> Garage Computer
Link | Reply | Quote
 always_win_

Posted 4 January 2017 - 11:12 pm
Calvin

I think we have it working now - excellent. Thanks for all the help.

Cheers

Chris
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 5 January 2017 - 7:31 am
Glad, you're no more FP. ^^

For next time if you got any other technical related issue, feel free to join our Help Room - Live chat support for a quick solution.
Enjoy your time on Voobly. Take care! :)

[ Thread Closed. ]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 10 out of 10 posts