Steam compatibility Patch not working

JuicyG

Posted 22 December 2016 - 9:58 pm
I've downloaded the compatibility patch and ran it only to find that when I open Aoe2 Conquerors in vooby all I get is a message saying; 'A game installation problem has been detected! See the log below... Non-DirectPlay game path is c:\steam\steamapps\common\age2hd Your version of the game is not compatible with Voobly. You must install the most recent 1.0c comp pack. But I've done that! I even re-installed the game on steam before doing so
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 22 December 2016 - 10:06 pm
Here is a guide if you need: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch

The Compatibility Patch needs to be installed to your Age2HD folder.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD

Hope it helps! :)

PS. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe is the file that the Compatibility Patch will create and the file that Voobly needs to locate!
Link | Reply | Quote
 markito331

Posted 31 January 2017 - 9:06 pm
same problem, correct installation
Link | Reply | Quote
 markito331

Posted 31 January 2017 - 9:14 pm
got the solution, the problem is in the installation manager, when you explore your age2hd folder and select it, the installer adds another /age2hd, so it gets : ..../age2hd/age2hd , and then its an unsucesfull installation. I had to select the "common" folder then the installers adds automatically the /age2hd and it works.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts