Unable to apply compatibility patch

SubtleHint

Posted 15 December 2016 - 4:38 am
I am trying to download the compatibility patch for AOE HD, and have it installed in 2 separate drives. I have my A drive and a C drive. (SSD= A, C= HDD). I have tried downloading the compatibility patch and applying it to both, but when I launch the lobby, it still is saying "a game installation problem has been detected," telling me to install the 1.0c compatibility patch for Age2HD. What are some common errors I may be doing wrong here?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +eric@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 15 December 2016 - 7:14 pm by +eric@voobly
Here is a guide if you need: https://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1054+Clean+installation+of+Aoe2HD+with+compatibility+patch

Note: The Compatibility Patch needs to be installed to your Age2HD folder.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD

Hope it helps! :)

PS. C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Age2HD\age2_x1\age2_x1.exe is the file that the Compatibility Patch will create and the file that Voobly needs to locate!

Link | Reply | Quote
 markito331

Posted 31 January 2017 - 9:05 pm
same problem
Link | Reply | Quote
 markito331

Posted 31 January 2017 - 9:14 pm
got the solution, the problem is in the installation manager, when you explore your age2hd folder and select it, the installer adds another /age2hd, so it gets : ..../age2hd/age2hd , and then its an unsucesfull installation. I had to select the "common" folder then the installers adds automatically the /age2hd and it works.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 4 out of 4 posts