Can ISP blocks ports??

yoometh

Edited 2 December 2016 - 7:52 am by yoometh
I've been having the fp problem, but when i forward the ports i still have fp.. I used online port checkers, and 16,000 port seems to be still "closed", even though i forwarded that port on my router.

So do ISP block ports externally?

>So far, im using a third party software called speedify to overcome fp problems, but you only get 4gb per month for free, so im keeping that as a temporary solution.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 2 December 2016 - 1:16 pm
Hello,

It is not uncommon for many ISPs to block non standard ports. Some do this from a security standpoint, others do this for simply harassing the customer :P.

Jokes apart, there is a possibility your ISP is blocking your port and you may want to speak to them however, before you do so, make sure you have taken care of the following:

1. Check the IP to which you are forwarding your NAT port. Make sure this IP matches with that of your computer.

2. Use an offline local port checker to test your ports. Results returned from online port checkers are highly unreliable. A closed port returned by an online port checker can also mean that your router did not allow the port checker to test the port. I would suggest that you download [You must login to view link]. This is a tool that checks if your 16000 port is open. When you install it, follow the steps:

- Open the program and click on "Trial" at the bottom of the screen.
- Click on OK.
- Click on "Port Checker".
- Make sure you are not in a game room on Voobly.
- On Port Number To Check, enter your Voobly's NAT-T port (default is 16000).
- Select UDP Protocol.
- Click on "Check Me".

3. Voobly does not recommend the use of VPN applications like the one you are using (speedify). Since IPs from a VPN solution is accessible to multiple users, it is likely that you may be a victim of an abuse by another player for which you may share the penalty (such as a ban) even though you probably did nothing. We strongly recommend that you do not use VPN solutions to login to Voobly and instead focus on addressing your port forwarding issues.

Note: Voobly has a live help lobby which can be found here. Feel free to join the lobby for a more personalised assistance from one of our support personal.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]
Displaying 1 - 2 out of 2 posts