Voobly freezes in Game diagnostics tool.

StiffJim

Posted 23 October 2016 - 11:36 am
Hi.

I cant get into te lobby properly cause it always does an automatic game dignostics tool and finds some kind of problem and then it freezes. I have to restart computer. Can it be a firewall problem? Its frustrating nonetheless.

Brgds Jim
Link | Reply | Quote
 StiffJim

Posted 23 October 2016 - 1:36 pm
Hi, oh thx for fast response.

Yeah I can open the task manager but i cant close the program and it doesnt answer. I can navigate abit in the windows with the layer of voobly still open.

Brdgs Jim
Link | Reply | Quote
 StiffJim

Posted 23 October 2016 - 6:48 pm
I'm guessing its something my computer cant deal with its fairly slow... Like some connection information overload when in The lobby. But it shouldn't freeze like that. I just wanna play some aoe II tc.
Link | Reply | Quote
 StiffJim

Posted 24 October 2016 - 12:31 am
Alright done that windows didnt find any integrity problems, and the problem still exists. freezes in the lobby 1 sec in. with the game diagnostics tool open with some fault i cant scroll down to recognise cause of the freeze.

I dont think the fault has something to do with it tho as there been other faults before wich i fixed.

Brgds Jim
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 24 October 2016 - 3:45 pm
hi
which game? does the game run ok off of voobly?
Link | Reply | Quote
 StiffJim

Posted 24 October 2016 - 8:29 pm
kitt wrote:
hi
which game? does the game run ok off of voobly?

Hi Yeah the game age of EMpires the Conquerors runs ok in single player.

Its just when i enter the lobby. Game diagnostics comes up and then it freezes and forces a reboot of puter to shut voobly down. Something is ****ing up my computer.

Brgds Jim
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 24 October 2016 - 8:52 pm
Hmm... looks like some malware or any other background app conflict issue. So what you do please go ahead and [You must login to view link] this Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and perform a Threat scan and see if any threat were found. Also on a side note if you have any anti-virus program installed then in that try to add file exclude from scan list for voobly.exe or just disable it temporarily and check.
-> Note: While performing this scan, please stop using all background apps and sit back and wait until it's finish.

If still nothing helps, then perform a clean reinstallation your Game ([You must login to view link]) and Voobly ([You must login to view link]).

Hope this helps you. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 StiffJim

Posted 27 October 2016 - 1:50 am
Hi alright done that too. Still freezes. malware found some non malware that i took away. It freezez in all game lobbies so it must be something with the lobby information that my computer cant handle. Maybe my networkcard doesnt like the port thats used or what the hell an network card does.

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 27 October 2016 - 3:12 am
hi
do the network diagnostic if you can. [top of lobby, options.]if not show a screen shot of when it freezes.
a few general points,
make sure the game is installed like this: http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/170569
make sure voobly and the game is allowed through any pc firewall and anti-virus.
forward port 16000udp to the ip of the playing pc. [dhcp and step 1: http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/134]
google clean boot for your operating system and try.
Link | Reply | Quote
 StiffJim

Edited 29 October 2016 - 2:11 am by StiffJim
Cant do the diagnpstics cause of the freeze. The game is an old copy that I've been using for LAN and single player. works well and patched with the conqueror 1.0c.

I have problem getting inside my rauter to check for firewalls. Default passwrods doesnt seem to work after hard reset ill maybe look into it more. But it freezes the same way when i use my Mobile internet.

Trying to upload a pic of the freeze

Gonnna try the clean boot
Attachments:
Voobly freeze.png (file size: 469.4 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Edited 29 October 2016 - 3:50 am by Cavin
Hi,

Thanks for the screenshot. Now we can understand your actual issue, that your default installation of game directory was completely in wrong location C:\Users\jimle\Pictures\Spel\AGE OF EMPIRE which you must have to reinstall back in this following location C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Age of Empires II - Remember as your game installation setup will also update some DirectPlay registry component on your system.

Secondly, same thing with your Voobly client installation path E:\program files (x86)\voobly - which it also should be on its default location C:\Program Files (x86)\Voobly
Resolution: Uninstall your both game and voobly and delete both directory folders from your old location and perform a system restart and then reinstall back on its default path as mentioned above.

Additional: In case if you haven't enabled directplay on your system yet, please do first enable that feature.

Related Articles:
P.S. Your game copy also seems like pirated one, so if you can try obtain a genuine (legit).

Good luck! :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 StiffJim

Posted 29 October 2016 - 3:19 am
Alright ill do it! Bu should it really freeze if its in the wrong location? oh well we'll c if it solves the issue.

Brgds Jim
Link | Reply | Quote
 StiffJim

Edited 29 October 2016 - 3:59 am by StiffJim
It still freezes.. i think it's just something with my computer. The hardware is getting worn out and too bad voobly uses those parts.
Attachments:
Voobly freeze 2.png (file size: 287.59 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 29 October 2016 - 4:20 am
Mate your game patch version is 1.1. So in order to play on Voobly you need to update to 1.0c version.

Download the patch and run the setup file as administrator (right-click) and install it and restart Voobly.
Attachments:
Patch_Version_Error.png (file size: 318.67 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 StiffJim

Edited 29 October 2016 - 3:58 pm by StiffJim
It seems to think the game version is still to old altho ingame it says atleast now its 1.0e. I'm abit confused about how this will fix the freeze wich is the main problem. It freezes in all lobbies not just aoe the conq.

Brgds Jim
Attachments:
AOC 1.0e.png (file size: 338.33 KB)
Voobly freeze 3.png (file size: 423.54 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 25 posts