Recent Problem With FP

Minhaz_S

Edited 25 August 2016 - 12:32 pm by Minhaz_S
Hello. I have been in volubly for last 3 years. I never had problem like FP until recently.

Lately I am being FP regularly in every room I enter.

help me. How to solve this issue.

At least give me link of solving this problem.

Thank you...
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 25 August 2016 - 1:58 pm by +sunny@voobly
Hi,

If it is exactly as you mentioned then something has probably changed in your network (either with your ISP, or locally within your network).

Since it's not clear how you connect to the internet, I will presume you have a router/ modem in place. In that case, login to your router/modem and double check the port forwarding setup you have. Do note that you need to have your Voobly NAT port (default is UDP 16000) forwarded to your computers IP. Ensure the IP you are forwarding to, matches your computers IP.

Did you recently install any firewall, antivirus, anti malware software? If yes, you may need to add an exception for Voobly and your game within your security app.

Here are the steps to configure Windows Firewall to play on Voobly:
http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1035+How+to+configure+Windows+Firewall+to+play+on+Voobly

If that does not fix the problem, feel free to join the help lobby for a more personalised assistance.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Minhaz_S

Posted 25 August 2016 - 4:57 pm
Thanks for this reply.

I use Win firewall. But using this firewall i played on vooblt with no prob. Recently i have not installed any new ani virus, maleware, etc. And I cant even play when Win Firewall is off.

""In that case, login to your router/modem and double check the port forwarding setup you have. Do note that you need to have your Voobly NAT port (default is UDP 16000) forwarded to your computers IP. Ensure the IP you are forwarding to, matches your computers IP."" - Sorry I do not get anything. Could you pls any link that shows how to do this forwarding?

Thank you...

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 25 August 2016 - 5:45 pm
hi
step1 here to find the playing pc ip: http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/134
generic router set up: http://www.voobly.com/pages/view/138
or
go here: [You must login to view link]
scroll down and find your router make/model and follow through from there. only port 16000udp is needed. forwarded to the private ip you found from usaing the above link.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]BeNzY

Posted 25 August 2016 - 6:00 pm
Minhaz_S wrote:
Sorry I do not get anything. Could you pls any link that shows how to do this forwarding?

Thank you...

Hi,
Not all routers are same and settings for others are also different. But here's a quick go through video on how i have set up Voobly port forwarding.
[You must login to view link]

Link | Reply | Quote
 Minhaz_S

Edited 26 August 2016 - 10:37 am by Minhaz_S
Is my setup Ok?

Which option of fill and choose for "Internal Port" and "Common Service Port"?

Thank you...

You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 28 August 2016 - 11:54 pm
hi
follow this "how to" for your router using the set up for 47624 but use only 16000udp
[You must login to view link]
Link | Reply | Quote
 Minhaz_S

Posted 30 August 2016 - 7:42 pm
yes did this. Still not working. Do not knw whats wrong with it.

Re-installed voobly. connected modem to my lan directly. Still its not working.

God i wanna play...

what else can be done?
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Posted 30 August 2016 - 7:49 pm
Hi there,

Follow the steps mentioned below:

Step 1: Take a deep breath
Step 2: Get me a screenshot of your port forwarding page.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Minhaz_S

Edited 31 August 2016 - 5:07 pm by Minhaz_S
Ok. Here are the screenshots...

Here is the IP, DNS, Default Gateway. These Are given by my ISP when I asked them whats my IP and DNS. (though I use "Obtain IP automatically becoz I use TP Link Router)

Here's the IP, DNS adn all other address. Found using Local area Network icon from Control panel. ( But in the pic IP address is 192.168.0.102 but it changes time to time. IP changes to 192.168.0.100 or 192.168.0.103, etc)

IP address from cmd (but Ip address changes time to time i.e' 192.168.0.102 to 192.168.0.100 to 192.168.0.103, like that)

Thats my TP link Port forwarding..

And if I use IP other than 192.168.0.102 or 192.168.0.100 or 192.168.0.103, I get this error. (I used an IP googling whats my ip)

What do you think? Thank you...
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 31 August 2016 - 10:02 pm by +sunny@voobly
Thank you for being so detailed.

Let's take a minute to understand the port forwarding process and what it essentially does.

When you port forward/ open a port, you are allowing a program to communicate (transmit data to and fro) within your network via that port. To play on Voobly, the only port you will need is UDP 16000. Now you have already done that as is obvious in your port forwarding screenshot however, you also need to tell the router where to deliver the data packets (in this case the IP)

The IP you are forwarding to must be the IP of your computer (at all times). So that is the first part you have to fix (aka, make sure the IP matches the IP of your computer).

NOTE1: DHCP IPs or private IPs assigned by your router are temporary and every device in your network (including your computer) will seek a new IP every time you connect to your router. This is why it becomes important for you to ensure that your computers DHCP assigned IP always remains the same (this way it matches with your port forwarding IP) and the problem stays fixed always.

NOTE2: You cannot add public IPs to your port forwarding rules ... why? The answer is simple. Your router does not recognise a device with a public IP in your local network. It will identify each and every device by a private IP that it assigns.

So the second thing you need to do is to change your LAN properties IP to the DHCP IP you used in your port forwarding rule. Here is a more structured documentation to assign a static IP:

http://support.voobly.com/display/vkb/KB1034+How+to+configure+a+static+ip+address

So to sum it up, there are 2 things you need to do:

1. Assuming that your IP is still 192.168.0.102, edit your port forwarding rule to ensure the IP out there matches this IP. If your IP has changed by the time you are reading this, then use the changed IP instead.

2. Once that is done, follow the article mentioned above to setup a static IP. You can remove the public IPs you already have entered and replace them with the DHCP IP.

Good luck and I hope this helps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Minhaz_S

Edited 3 September 2016 - 5:49 pm by Minhaz_S
Hi. I dont know whats the problem. I followd what u said. I wrote ipconfig /all and got all the IP addressess and then entered this into my Lan network connection.

I am providing you a screenshot. I have put all the screenshot (Ipconfig /all lefy side, Lan settings on upper right, Router port forwarding setting on lower right)

Tell me pls if my settings are wring? and whats the problem.

Thank you...
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 3 September 2016 - 11:31 pm
hi
the tl-wr740n appears to be just a router, not a modem router. do you have a modem attached to it?
[on the set up page,of the tp link, do you connect to the net by, ppoe or dhcp?]
if you do not, then your isp is the "modem" and can forward ports on their servers for you
Link | Reply | Quote
 Minhaz_S

Posted 4 September 2016 - 8:41 pm
kitt wrote:
hi
the tl-wr740n appears to be just a router, not a modem router. do you have a modem attached to it?
[on the set up page,of the tp link, do you connect to the net by, ppoe or dhcp?]
if you do not, then your isp is the "modem" and can forward ports on their servers for you

Yes I have another modem attracted to it which has been provided by my ISP.

on my Tp link set up page says DHCP is enabled.

Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 5 September 2016 - 12:15 am
hi
whats the make and model number of the modem? if its a true modem you should be connecting by ppoe.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 19 posts