CBA PathBlood 1.8.0

[F0rk]Deathcounter_

Edited 8 May 2018 - 9:33 am by [F0rk]Deathcounter_
+Tic@voobly wrote:
You need to have a look at the elephant archer in archery the map is very quickly becoming a one unit map, people not even buying heros as that unit owns can you look at it please.
And if we remove them then paladines are the one unit map, and if we remove them its scorpions, but i agree that the ship way needs a nerf.... how would you approach the balance?
I would forbid the Elite version of this unit and just make it only available in imperial age (the non-elite version), or simply just remove it completly @Zix_
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TnW']DraculeMihawk_

Edited 8 May 2018 - 9:35 am by [TnW']DraculeMihawk_
Before people started spamming the elephants peoplewere spamming scorpions. Only diffrense is u cant go in bases with scorpions. I do agree it needs a nerv i have to say.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [F0rk]Deathcounter_

Posted 8 May 2018 - 10:06 am
Well, Scorpions DO extra damage vs War Elephant class (+8 for heavy scorp) making them able to (taking armor in consideration) kill Post-Imperial Elite Elephant Archers with 24 hits, while Elephant archers need 13 hits to kill a scorpion. But due the fact that scorpions do damage to multiple unit damage AND have +1 Range (+2 for Khmer and allies). Scorpions should have the edge over elephant archers. Both combos, scorpions + Paladins or Elephant Archers + Paladins should be equally strong. But i agree that you can do to much without buying heroes once you got a raze. I agree on an elephant archer nerf
Link | Reply | Quote
 xVeniVidiVici

Posted 8 May 2018 - 10:05 pm
https://www.voobly.com/match/view/17711416

my spawn completely stopped working and almost cost us the game as a result

tried to change base several times as well but it was still bugging out
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Zix

Posted 9 May 2018 - 7:14 am
Your_Mom_ wrote:
For the next version, please enlarge the water on castles' sides. It's now way too tight and boat are always stuck.

When I started to redesign the cliffs,, players told 1 block water thichness around the bases has better design than 2, thats why I kept that. But if you delete gate/delete walls, you will have +1 block extra because there is ice under the walls and ships can move on ice too. However I will think about to enlarge it. It does not have to be integer, I can make the water thichness to 1.5 too, but it's more difficult.
https://www.voobly.com/match/view/17711416

my spawn completely stopped working and almost cost us the game as a result

tried to change base several times as well but it was still bugging out

I am sure it's not caused by triggers. I think you may had too much units, which caused too much lag thats why the CPU could not calculate the move of your longboats. But at about 1:02 it started to work again. I think try to use other hero if it happens. Longoats have to rotate before move, thats why they have more chance to get stuck.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [F0rk]Deathcounter_

Edited 9 May 2018 - 8:29 am by [F0rk]Deathcounter_
[MM]Zix wrote:
When I started to redesign the cliffs,, players told 1 block water thichness around the bases has better design than 2, thats why I kept that. But if you delete gate/delete walls, you will have +1 block extra because there is ice under the walls and ships can move on ice too. However I will think about to enlarge it. It does not have to be integer, I can make the water thichness to 1.5 too, but it's more difficult.
There is already a ship fight between players that are next to each others, so if you move it, you should move it in the other direction, but then again you cant put 4 archery ranges into that spot, however Zix do you think the enemies should get a raze if a castle is deleted? In the current meta it is seen that most people delete all castles except one and build archery ranges all over. It would nerf elephant archers too. Or just nerf elephant archers diffrently somehow
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Zix

Posted 9 May 2018 - 9:27 am
I think the enemies should not get raze when you delete a castle, because deleting a castle is already a risk, and you sometimes delete it to let your ally build castle to your base.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [TnW']DraculeMihawk_

Edited 10 May 2018 - 8:43 pm by [TnW']DraculeMihawk_
Updates:
- wouldn't at extra water space since then the other team really have no way to defend themselves or stall time.
- give raze when delete a castle is just stupid.
- turcomans should get elite castle unit.
- those spanish archers should age earlyer.
- elephants should have a nerve.
-tufans later imp.

Thats it in my opinion for now :P
Link | Reply | Quote
 [s1L3nT]Amon__Amarth

Posted 13 May 2018 - 2:10 am
The spawn of p4 (yellow) doesn't work correctly.

It's the same problem as xVeniVidiVici had told.

====>>> https://voobly.com/match/view/17741104

My turtle ship didn't moved to the spawn. Cobra needed "hours". At the end of the game the turtle ship made it after all .... rofl

Too much units on the map ? With razing pop the game went laggy ...

Lag and/or the hay stacks "blocked" the path of turtle ship and cobra ?

I think this is a problem not to be underestimated ... At the moment i won't start a game as p4 !

Thank you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Zix

Edited 13 May 2018 - 8:12 am by [MM]Zix
I know the solution. I will just set the rotation speed of ships to max, with UP effects. All ships are created with 0° rotation, which means if you are in p4 or p6 base, your ship must rotate by 180° before move, which takes too much time. Also there is more chance to block your ally's spawn if you are in same base because of extra rotation time. The ships also stuck in the small waterway, because at edges they must rotate by 90°, and the ship behind it must wait while the front ship rotates (or wants to get around it), and it causes ships to get blocked. If I set rotation speed to maximum, I'm sure it will fix all problems.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [F0rk]Deathcounter_

Edited 13 May 2018 - 5:46 pm by [F0rk]Deathcounter_
I think the best thing would be to just enable elephant archers in imperial @Zix_ and no elite elephant archer, because castle age elephant archers are way too strong
Edit: propably the same with carracks too, the fact that you can easily go ships without any hero , just elephant archers and carracks (the strongest units, which normally have the highest costs in realms but costs dont matter in cba) annoys me. Maybe a ship way nerf (with the addition of elite turtle ship with adjusted range (8?), so 12 petards for car) would fresh up the map. Currently this is the meta: [You must login to view link]
Edit 2: Current meta is king panic to get raze, then get castle and spam elephant archers.... is there a way to set the position according to the teams? so team 1 is 1,2,3,4 and team 2 is 5,6,7,8. So the let the random generator make the team and then makes the positions? would this be possible? Also nobunaga is meta also, its way to strong
Link | Reply | Quote
 VendingMachine

Edited 14 May 2018 - 4:08 am by VendingMachine
+Tic@voobly wrote:
You need to have a look at the elephant archer in archery the map is very quickly becoming a one unit map, people not even buying heros as that unit owns can you look at it please.

They can be easily brought down by other Heroes. The reason why it is becoming a one unit map is most players that spams it, thinks that it is the only way to winning the game. Based on my experience, Elephant Archers are not the only strategy to winning the game. It can be more of a supplementary to the heroes depending on the method which the players used to winning the game. For instance, like in CBA Hero, some players uses knights/paladins to assist their Heroes by using it as an attacking unit or to simply shield their heroes against Charles/Herald etc.
Well, Scorpions DO extra damage vs War Elephant class (+8 for heavy scorp) making them able to (taking armor in consideration) kill Post-Imperial Elite Elephant Archers with 24 hits, while Elephant archers need 13 hits to kill a scorpion. But due the fact that scorpions do damage to multiple unit damage AND have +1 Range (+2 for Khmer and allies). Scorpions should have the edge over elephant archers. Both combos, scorpions + Paladins or Elephant Archers + Paladins should be equally strong. But i agree that you can do to much without buying heroes once you got a raze. I agree on an elephant archer nerf

Although, it is true that you can do a lot without buying heroes with razes but you can easily counter the elephant spams with right strategy and get to cobra before or if not, at the same time as the enemy.
I think the best thing would be to just enable elephant archers in imperial @Zix_ and no elite elephant archer, because castle age elephant archers are way too strong
Edit: propably the same with carracks too, the fact that you can easily go ships without any hero , just elephant archers and carracks (the strongest units, which normally have the highest costs in realms but costs dont matter in cba) annoys me. Maybe a ship way nerf (with the addition of elite turtle ship with adjusted range (8?), so 12 petards for car) would fresh up the map. Currently this is the meta: [You must login to view link]
Edit 2: Current meta is king panic to get raze, then get castle and spam elephant archers.... is there a way to set the position according to the teams? so team 1 is 1,2,3,4 and team 2 is 5,6,7,8. So the let the random generator make the team and then makes the positions? would this be possible? Also nobunaga is meta also, its way to strong

I have to disagree with the most of the suggestions. The carracks are fine as it is and they are not OP at all and they can be easily destroyed; Their main purpose, in my opinion, is to provide auxiliary support to the main units and to assist in impeding and destroying the enemy's buildings, exactly just as they are designed for their intended purpose.

Also, I have to disagree with the suggestion of the adding elite turtle ships with a range of 8 and increasing the total amount of petards needed to unlock cobra.

Why?

By having to use 6 petards just to lock the Elite Turtle Ship that have only a range of 8 instead of Admiral Yi Shun Shin Ship with 10 range, you will be restricting the ability of the player to get out of his base if the enemy mass BBT him outside the player's base. It wouldn't make any sense at all to unlock this Elite Turtle Ship at all, as the 8 range would render it useless as the BBTs would be built up around the map at this time and the ships would be be destroyed by the BBTs before it even gets to engage in combat. It will also be useless against Lorraine which has a base range of 14 and +1 range which you can easily unlock at 1k kills with strong heroes in its the previous tiers unlike the boats. By increasing the total amount of petards from 9 to 12 to unlock cobra, this will severely increase the amount of time needed to finish the game as that's what most players uses to win in a 4v4 match.

Also, you mentioned that the current meta is that most players uses panic to raze and spam elephants. Even if your enemy uses panic to attempt to raze, you can easily prevent them from razing.

And, by setting the place of your team as position 1,2,3,4 and enemy 5,6,7,8 or vice versa, it will be taking away the fun and excitement of fighting the enemy close to you.

All the meta which you had mentioned can be easily countered if the players just think about it.

The main reason why most of my friends and myself likes playing Pathblood, it's because even if you're outcived, outnumbered and having mediocre teammates but with the right strategy and right mind, you can still win a severely disadvantaged game.

By implementing all sorts of restrictions and reducing the amount of options, just because some players does not have capability to come up with the right strategy to counter, is just pure nonsensical and takes away the fun and the players' fair chance of winning the game; It will eventually just be like another CBA Hero, with no uniqueness of its own.

So, I have to disagree with your suggestions mentioned.

I feel that status quo is fine already, it's just that the spawn issue and the water space has to be improved on.

I am voting in favour of the suggestion to increase the current water space at the castle's side by a little bit so as to increase the mobility on the water because most of the time, the boats would get stuck when there are other ally's boat around. Just not a lot though, as it would allow players to stack their boats making it a little OP as the boats have long range.

Anyway, if the Elite Elephant Archers gets removed, eventually Scorpions would be spammed AGAIN and Scorpions have to be removed as well so I am not voting in favour of this suggestion. And, back to my main point, there are a few different strategies to counter elephant archers and also many different strategies to winning the game depending on the amount of players in the match and if it's multi-base or not. By taking away the amount of options the players have, it will take away the fun and creativity that one can exercise in this map and more importantly, a player's fair chance to winning in a disadvantaged game. I feel that the game is fine as it is now, and there shouldn't be anything done before much testing.

PS. I am also a little annoyed by the elephant archers spams by players (makes it a little dull), however, in my opinion, it is fine, as it can be easily be countered.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [F0rk]Deathcounter_

Edited 14 May 2018 - 7:57 am by [F0rk]Deathcounter_
PS. I am also a little annoyed by the elephant archers spams by players (makes it a little dull), however, in my opinion, it is fine, as it can be easily be countered.
Countered by what? Elephant archers? The idea is to make a balance triangle: Elephant Archers counter Paladin, Scorpions counter Elephant Archers and Paladin counter Scorpions (with a little chance of camels being of use aswell). The problem is that in many games i see player not going for any Hero and thats not intended.
Lets also not forget that in Wololo Kingdoms CBA, Battle Elephants are disabled aswell. And South-East Asia civs have access too elephant archers while in WK they have Battle Elephants (therefore Realms Elephant Archers are the Battle Elephants of WK)
Link | Reply | Quote
 VendingMachine

Edited 14 May 2018 - 12:10 pm by VendingMachine
Countered by what? Elephant archers? The idea is to make a balance triangle: Elephant Archers counter Paladin, Scorpions counter Elephant Archers and Paladin counter Scorpions (with a little chance of camels being of use aswell). The problem is that in many games i see player not going for any Hero and thats not intended.
Lets also not forget that in Wololo Kingdoms CBA, Battle Elephants are disabled aswell. And South-East Asia civs have access too elephant archers while in WK they have Battle Elephants (therefore Realms Elephant Archers are the Battle Elephants of WK)

Like you said, The scorpions already counter the elephant archers, besides that you can make rams to soak the damages, Also, Theodoric or Onagers can easily brings down Scorpions and Elephants archers. Theodoric is also a counter to Scorpions & Onagers besides Ghenkis Khans, Subotai, Paladins and other fast moving units. There is nothing wrong with the combat triangle currently. Besides that, you already have the Super Ghenkis Khan, which are really efficient in bringing down the Archery Range. Just like I said, It's just that most players spams it assumes that it is the only way to winning the game.

However way they want to play the game is their business and by restricting their choice just because they do not want to unlock any hero, is just nonsense and its takes away the uniqueness of this map.

Link | Reply | Quote
 [TnW']DraculeMihawk_

Edited 15 May 2018 - 9:26 am by [TnW']DraculeMihawk_
How about instead of enable archer elephant in castle is make them non elite in imp? same with carracks? Ans right now we have to choose between a range unit with 350 hp, 9 armour and 7+4 att or a horse with 180 hp, 7 armour and 14+4 att.

Maybe at that upgrade from 5th age mod or something.

And since we talking about spawn. When u buy a unit the unit has to walk to the square before it gets spawned. Most of the times i have 2,5 sabs already before turtle finally reaches the spawn point, because it gets stuck because of lagg. Same gos with onagers.

Link | Reply | Quote
12345[6]78910
Displaying 76 - 90 out of 146 posts