An idea to contribute to CS

[xCs]RedRuM__

Group: Standard Membership
Edited 20 May 2016 - 8:42 pm by [xCs]RedRuM__
I think it was Barry or/and Ben who have suggested this before but I think if Random TG gets removed and gets replaced by Mini Random it would do bloods and CS in general really well. Mini Random will encourage CBA/Hero players to learn bloods. Now there are too many maps for new comers to learn so they are less willing to give random tg a shot. The trick is using only 3 easy learnable maps in Mini Random. My idea of easy maps are: Path, Death Row and Bacteria Blood.

At the same time hosting a Mini Random TG ladder isn't enough. One week before the ladder gets launched indepth video tutorials about the 3 maps need to be advertised by Voobly. Video tutorials means indepth analysis of the maps on Youtube done by somebody with a radio voice like Dave.

If we can get CS players to play more maps than just Cba and Hero we will have a bigger chance of holding on to our current players base. Simply because versatility matters. You are less likely to get bored of AoC if you play more maps then if you just play one or two.

Should Random TG exist next to this ladder ? In my opinion no. Mini random is basically the same thing but much more noob friendly.

Thoughts ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']Dan

Posted 20 May 2016 - 8:27 pm
smosh/path/nova would be more friendly
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Polaris_

Posted 20 May 2016 - 8:38 pm
I'm fine with that idea but I feel bacteria blood shouldnt be in.. maybe put something else like vetz in there instead. I dont think germs/bacteria will ever be looked at the same as it was on zone or be a map people want to play competitively too often.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]CaMp2gg_

Posted 20 May 2016 - 8:48 pm
Wont change anything.
You guys wont let new players play anyway.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [dv8]OrangWuTang

Group: Silver Membership
Posted 20 May 2016 - 8:51 pm
Wont change anything.
You guys wont let new players play anyway.
rofl +1
Link | Reply | Quote
 Faravahar

Posted 20 May 2016 - 8:58 pm
Nah, random better than mini random, mini random would be boring with just 3 maps.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [7th]And1zeas

Posted 20 May 2016 - 9:00 pm
I think making a ladder for 1 map and after some time having a tourney for that map is the best way to go. Worked for europe and now smosh. Could work for minirandom too.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [bXs]dadsd

Edited 21 May 2016 - 4:47 am by [bXs]dadsd
I think making a ladder for 1 map and after some time having a tourney for that map is the best way to go. Worked for europe and now smosh. Could work for minirandom too.

I originally planned for random to be a seasonal thing, before it got too popular not to be a regular ladder. Random needs to be an option but there must be alternatives. Random was supposed to complement bloods, not replace it. It wasn't even intended to save bloods, there were more CB maps at first. I was doing other stuff related to bloods such as tournaments.

June:
Random Season 9
Mini Random TG and Tourney

July:
Veterans League + Tourney

Random needs to be there for variety.

(i hate playing random)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]SkayBeilinson

Posted 21 May 2016 - 7:27 am
I don't understand why the need of considering the ladders as leagues.

What is the people that is learning smosh nowadays going to do when you close the ladder? Start playing it on casual ladder? I don't think so. You will be throwing away all the effort put in boosting 1 map for nothing...
Link | Reply | Quote
 [bXs]dadsd

Posted 21 May 2016 - 7:38 am
I don't understand why the need of considering the ladders as leagues.

What is the people that is learning smosh nowadays going to do when you close the ladder? Start playing it on casual ladder? I don't think so. You will be throwing away all the effort put in boosting 1 map for nothing...

Everyone playing smosh played random as well.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Faravahar

Edited 21 May 2016 - 7:45 am by Faravahar
These ideas everyone keeps putting out about attracting noobs to Bloods are stupid, if the high level players play high level games then the good cb players will come and watch and eventually play themselves. The period that CS got it most new competent Blood players was during TIW/this current random ladder as 7th and Eot were both active and playing competitively.
Noobs have to progress through CBs first and play with the other noobs rather than jumping straight into Bloods, it's useless getting them to play Bloods when they are just going to die, die, die.

CB players/non AoC Blood players who have become at least competent Blood players during TIW/Random season 8:
Suchen
Benzy
Rontgen
TheMg
_Beatit
HumTum
kUrdy
Cenga_Jine
MongolStyle
Quebecois
Vantage
xMaGNeTO_
Wolf
acidrocker
ReleasedBeast
NiHaL
xKary

Just a few off the top of my head/glancing through the rankings. Most of these players learned through playing in pro games with 7th/Eot members.

No noobs are going to start off playing Bloods and enjoy themselves or stick around long enough to get decent, we should focus on just playing high level games.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [bXs]dadsd

Posted 21 May 2016 - 7:58 am
I could make a list of people decent at bloods that came up through alternative means, as could Dan. People who are 2k CBA players do not represent a random noob player.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [xCs]RedRuM__

Edited 23 May 2016 - 3:46 am by [xCs]RedRuM__
I don't think there is a causal link between competition and creating new bloods players. I think there is a causal link between activity and creating new bloods players. Yes, indirectly 7th and Eot playing alot of Random TG created more bloods players just because we had raised the activity levels.

I think most people are afraid of competition or are uneasy around it because when the competition gets too serious winning/losing becomes too important to even play each other. So competition doesn't have to be good per se.

Not letting new players play is a big problem yes. We need to have volunteers who host unrated to remedy this. I saw Dan doing it for the last couple of days which is a good thing. It is hard for top 10 ladder players to play in unbalanced teams because then you have the feeling luck will always involve the game more then you can thus destroying the fun. That is why we need volunteers like Primes and Slash awhile back who host unrated games.

Rotating an one map ladder is also a good idea but less ambitious than 3. If smosh TG gets removed and random TG also and if we can supply Voobly with really good and fun tutorials I think 3 will work too. These tutorials need to be advertised in the CS lobby though. And yes there should always be a tournament before a ladder closes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]SkayBeilinson

Posted 21 May 2016 - 5:24 pm
[bXs]dadsd wrote:
Everyone playing smosh played random as well.

[KREW]iXpertThief's
Game Ladder Rating Wins Losses
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Smosh TG 1754 43 31
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Random 1612 4 3
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Casual 1573 8 13

[LyF]HumTum's
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Madness 1786 50 55
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Casual 1540 15 49 -11
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Smosh TG 1740 124 140
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Random 1627 25 32

_Justice1_'s
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Smosh TG 1622 142 145
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Casual 1600 1 5 -3
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Random 1622 1 1
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - CBA Hero 1638 3 3

Bala_'s
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Smosh TG 1621 42 45
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Casual 1478 31 56 -2
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Random 1567 6 12

[dv8]PlayMoB1L's
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Smosh TG 1601 114 137
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Random 1641 42 54

TiJu_X_sTaR's
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Smosh TG 1585 55 64
0 random games...

Nayl4's
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Smosh TG 1581 65 71
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Casual 1634 13 17
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Random 1507 5 17
Age of Empires II: The Conquerors CS - Random -s7 1551 6 11

Just to mention some guys that I've seen trying to learn smosh, hosting and playing thousands of smosh games and almost 0 random games...
And what do you think? That they're playing smosh practicing for a tourney they know they don't have any chance of winning? Then let me say you are wrong. They are playing because they like the map, they want to get better at it... don't throw all that effort away after a tourney that almost no1 cares about.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [XceL]SkayBeilinson

Edited 21 May 2016 - 5:43 pm by [XceL]SkayBeilinson
Rotating an one map ladder is also a good idea but less ambitious than 3. If smosh TG gets removed and random TG also and if we can supply Voobly with really good and fun tutorials I think 3 will work too. These tutorials need to be advertised in the CS lobby though. And yes there should always be a tournament before a ladder closes.

I stick to my idea of opening new ladders for 1 map, and mantein the last ones. Ie: in about one month, open a DeathRow Ladder (with tutorials, advertising in CS lobby, etc), while Smosh Ladder is mantein as a constitutive ladder so if people want to stick playing it, while they try DeathRow, they can do it. 2 months later, open "Vet Blood TG" ladder while DR and Smosh are still there.
After a while, when these 3 maps were solidly learned by a good amount of players, we can open a 4th ladder "Mini Random TG" consisting of these 3 maps...

I think we need to stop thinking about bloods as a map pack, and start thinking about them as individual maps, as it happens with CBA and CBA Hero.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2345
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 72 posts