White Turtle next to my name

Ferbaaa

Edited 2 February 2016 - 1:43 am by Ferbaaa
Every time I start playing AoE on voobly, a white turtle constantly appears next to my name (Playing against people and computers). I've searched on a lot of sites out there, and they said that this is related to a "bad computer" problem, that can't handle the game.

But I can play a lot of triple A games in a nice resolution (like skyrim in max resolution), so this white turtle doesn't makes sense to me.

I've already tried to disable antivirus, firewall, closed all other programs except voobly and AoE during the game

Setup of my notebook:
    Intel® Core™ i7-3610QM Processor, 2.30 GHz
    8GB of Ram
    Windows 7 64bits
    nvidia geforce gt 650m 2gb

Can the "turtle" problem be related with port forwarding or something like that?

I used to play Age II HD on Steam and this never happened before, but I decided to change for voobly yesterday, and i'ts SOOO MUCH BETTER, besides this white turtle thing, I don't want to come back to Steam poor servers, hahah :(

OBS: I play on voobly using the compatibilty patch for AoE II HD ([You must login to view link]).
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 2 February 2016 - 8:12 am
Hi,
Welcome to Voobly%20Favicon.png Technical Support Forums.

Do this following methods:
  1. Clear your Game Directory save temp files.
    1. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Age2HD\savegame\multi
    2. Hold Shift and Delete all *.mgs and *.msx in that directory except the Multi.txt.
    3. You are done!
  2. Disable your GPU Directdraw Hardware Acceleration.
    1. Host / Join any game room and at top Game menu tab go to DirectX ► select first Render in 32-bit color and next select Disable Hardware Acceleration.
    2. You can also use our recommended game room settings (optional):
Ferbaaa wrote:
I've already tried to disable antivirus, firewall, closed all other programs except voobly and AoE during the game
We personally do NOT recommend or suggest anyone to disable there system W/Firewall and A/v program. so just enable them back to it's default state and make sure to add and allow exception file list for both Game (age2_x1.exe) -&- Voobly (voobly.exe) files on it.
Ferbaaa wrote:
Can the "turtle" problem be related with port forwarding or something like that?
Nope! not really. as here on your game that Turtle 🐢 sign refers to be mostly commonly a slow system process / other background hardware conflicts. and also about Comet sign that only happens when your connection ping range is high with other users. which means obviously both will make lags your game. ^
*However, you can make Port Forwarding on your Router / Modem for Voobly's default NAT Port: 16000-UDP to your playing computer LAN (IPV4) Address (recommended).

Cheers!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ferbaaa

Posted 7 February 2016 - 8:48 pm
thaks man, solves all my problems... love ya! hahaha
Link | Reply | Quote
 Cavin

Posted 8 February 2016 - 8:20 am
Glad. Have a great time on Voobly! =)

[ Thread Closed. ]

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]