records stop after x minutes

[MPU]Dettol

Edited 21 January 2016 - 11:12 pm by [MPU]Dettol
hey there

im just posting a tech issue since i dont have a clear answer , so here i go :

in past few days some players have been complaining about game records stoping at a certain minute , first case was a person saying recs stop at min 28 always and the other one said they stop at min 26 , but both of them said the problem has been happening for the last 7 days .

soo if you guys know the reason , plz share the info
as always , have a nice day
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MPU]Dettol

Edited 21 January 2016 - 11:09 pm by [MPU]Dettol
tonight another one came complaining with same issue .... soo i guess its a serious issue
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Edited 22 January 2016 - 12:22 am by _Hacks
Each player who wants to watch a recording has to check its match link and see what patches/mods were running during the match. Then, he needs to host a room with the same settings (same patches/mods) and launch AOE on voobly via single player mode, so he can watch the recording without any problem. This way recordings won't sync/stop after several minutes.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MPU]Dettol

Posted 22 January 2016 - 12:32 am
ok , ty for the reply
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 22 January 2016 - 5:52 pm by +sunny@voobly
This issue is probably related to the Allied vision mod. Still not 100% sure but initial checks confirm this.

Edit:

My conclusion is based of both observation and logic

I have checked a few games and found all of them to be using the mod

Secondly, the allied vision mod was recently updated. The update included not to have to perform cartography in order to do caravan research (2x speeds on carts). I am guessing teh game stops at the point teh first player hits caravan research (~25 to 28 mins) ... just my 2 cents
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MPU]Dettol

Posted 22 January 2016 - 6:00 pm
if anyone else complaint of this issue i will ask for the game rec to if they were using that mod
Link | Reply | Quote
 +sunny@voobly

Voobly Team

Edited 22 January 2016 - 6:07 pm by +sunny@voobly
I have spoken to one of your guys (konk) and he has ascertained that this issue does not recur when allied vision mod is disabled. So I was right and this probably is indeed an issue with that mod.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MPU]Dettol

Edited 23 January 2016 - 9:24 am by [MPU]Dettol
its 100% confirmed , its the allied vision mod . all the cases have this mod used .
ty waterstrider for finding the reason behind this problem, GG .
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Posted 23 January 2016 - 1:03 pm
_Hacks wrote:
Each player who wants to watch a recording has to check its match link and see what patches/mods were running during the match. Then, he needs to host a room with the same settings (same patches/mods) and launch AOE on voobly via single player mode, so he can watch the recording without any problem. This way recordings won't sync/stop after several minutes.

For example, if you played a game using 1.4RC patch, you can't watch it using 1.0c because it might stop after several minutes. This problem exists since many years before the allied vision mod was even created. Therefore, always check all patches/mods which were on when the match was played and run the same patches/mods while you are watching the game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 23 January 2016 - 1:26 pm
Maybe it's possible to make an update that if you watch a game in Voobly room using settings / watch record and selecting a game that voobly automaticly change the settings like the game is played ?

I don't know, but if it would be possible, it would be nice :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Posted 23 January 2016 - 3:44 pm
+kwin wrote:
Maybe it's possible to make an update that if you watch a game in Voobly room using settings / watch record and selecting a game that voobly automaticly change the settings like the game is played ?

I don't know, but if it would be possible, it would be nice :)
Man simply you can check all the settings using the match link of the game.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +kwin

Posted 23 January 2016 - 4:04 pm
_Hacks wrote:
Man simply you can check all the settings using the match link of the game.

tx, you make me smart :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [PTBNS]fabking

Posted 23 January 2016 - 4:42 pm
Hacks for president and yes offline it dont work but online with allied vision mod it does.
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Serenity_

Posted 28 January 2016 - 9:14 am
Hacks for president and yes offline it dont work but online with allied vision mod it does.

I confirm this too, it no longer stops when launching from voobly with allied vision on
Link | Reply | Quote
 IceGallery

Edited 31 January 2016 - 2:21 pm by IceGallery
1. Would it be possible to install "Allied vision" mod directly to the game; so I can watch recorded games running Voobly?

2. Probably a noobish question, but how do you watch a recorded game after you launch Voobly with the correct room settings (Allied vision turned on etc.) ?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 18 posts