Community Forums > Games > Age of Empires II: The Conquerors > Custom Scenario > General CS Discussions > Spawning same units from multiple same buildings at once

Spawning same units from multiple same buildings at once

caditnow

Group: Standard Membership
Posted 10 November 2015 - 8:48 am
Hi All,

I am new to Voobly and used to playing on steam. Now, in steam, if you say select all Stables and hold down Shift and do multiple clicks on Knights, then all stables produce knights - you don't have to go and select each stable individually and produce knights. This happens in everything from barracks to siege. Any way we can do the same in Voobly? I have been on verge of losing games because of this and dont want this ti be the reason,
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Posted 10 November 2015 - 9:09 am
do you play Forgotten Empires or Conquerors there?

on Voobly the host must enable MQ option inside after launching the game

anyway multi-queuing is redundant for AoE II because buildings have go-to hotkeys
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Zionn

Posted 10 November 2015 - 9:31 am
Hey guys, How do you select all buldings for example barracks besides double clicking on the same bulding??
Link | Reply | Quote
 [PTBNS]Ornlu_The_Wolf

Posted 10 November 2015 - 9:34 am
u must assign hotkeys to the buildings then press hotkey then press the build unit hotkey.

for eample me archer range is f1 and build archer is a so i press f1 a f1 a f1 a very quickly.

If you have enuff experience this takes less than a few seconds of attention only.
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Edited 10 November 2015 - 9:43 am by 23RaidingParty
_Zionn wrote:
Hey guys, How do you select all buldings for example barracks besides double clicking on the same bulding??

select them all then press ctrl + # <-- any number you want from 1 to 9, 0 is not supported
then press that number to access the buildings

you can select and add buildings even if they are not 100% complete

you can add newly created buildings to the same group by selecting the building and then pressing shift + #, and then ctrl + #
Link | Reply | Quote
 Coat_of_Arms

Posted 10 November 2015 - 10:15 am
CTRL + digit to hotkey the selected units/buildings.
Select it and CTRL+0 to delete it (or just hotkey something else).
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 10 November 2015 - 12:34 pm by [Eot_]Marvel__
do you play Forgotten Empires or Conquerors there?

on Voobly the host must enable MQ option inside after launching the game

anyway multi-queuing is redundant for AoE II because buildings have go-to hotkeys
How is it redundant? This would be a great feature...

It's much easier/quicker to just select all buildings and queue then press the hotkey for the building, queue, press it again, queue etc... this can be a real pain in the ass in CBA when you have like 15 stables to fill up.
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Posted 10 November 2015 - 12:51 pm
How is it redundant? This would be a great feature...

It's much easier/quicker to just select all buildings and queue then press the hotkey for the building, queue, press it again, queue etc... this can be a real pain in the ass in CBA when you have like 15 stables to fill up.

in RM buildings are rarely queued to full, using the go-to hotkeys is the most general approach, and requires no more significant time than MQ. go-to hotkeys are more flexible also, suppose you want to simultaneously queue a combination of units, not just one type

in CS, and perhaps DM, it does save time, but i personally never found it an issue to quickly fully-queue all buildings. in CS i only use go-to hotkeys to queue first unit in each building, then i follow up by manually clicking and pressing shift + unit hotkey
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Edited 10 November 2015 - 1:02 pm by [Eot_]Marvel__
in RM buildings are rarely queued to full, using the go-to hotkeys is the most general approach, and requires no more significant time than MQ. go-to hotkeys are more flexible also, suppose you want to simultaneously queue a combination of units, not just one type

in CS, and perhaps DM, it does save time, but i personally never found it an issue to quickly fully-queue all buildings. in CS i only use go-to hotkeys to queue first unit in each building, then i follow up by manually clicking and pressing shift + unit hotkey
Well, first of all it's posted in the CS section.

Secondly, you now admit it does save time, but you called it redundant 2 posts ago. Sure, it's not that hard to spam a bunch of stables, but in an intense imp war in CBA, or europe or something, it can save you seconds every time you do it and allow you to micro elsewhere.

People write macros to do this for them and it gives a more significant advantage than you think.
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Edited 10 November 2015 - 1:23 pm by 23RaidingParty
Well, first of all it's posted in the CS section.

Secondly, you now admit it does save time, but you called it redundant 2 posts ago. Sure, it's not that hard to spam a bunch of stables, but in an intense imp war in CBA, or europe or something, it can save you seconds every time you do it and allow you to micro elsewhere.

People write macros to do this for them and it gives a more significant advantage than you think.

to me it's redundant because as I said there's a more general alternative.

he's new here, i'm sure he means RM, since effectively the only CS played on HD is a cba hero map that has a scorpion with 16+1000 attack and and 7+16 range

stop talking to me now, Marcel Khalifa.
Link | Reply | Quote
 xEddy

Posted 10 November 2015 - 1:34 pm

he's new here, i'm sure he means RM, since effectively the only CS played on HD is a cba hero map that has a scorpion with 16+1000 attack and and 7+16 range

Check his games, only CBA.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[TOAO]ChronoJJ

Group: Game Moderator
Posted 10 November 2015 - 1:35 pm
It's not redundant. It's much faster and requires fewer key strokes to simply put buildings of the same type into a group and then select the group and press q. You now have a unit training from every building. I don't play aoc because of the inability to queue units in more than one building at the same time - makes the game way too much work.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']howvicking

Group: Streamer
Posted 10 November 2015 - 1:37 pm
Weaklings, I can still remember times when you queued 40 military buildings with any special feature, you are all getting soft. Shame on you.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Marvel__

Posted 10 November 2015 - 1:42 pm

stop talking to me now, Marcel Khalifa.
Check his games. Stop making yourself look stupid.

It's not redundant when it makes things easier and faster for you (even if it only makes a small difference), which it does in CBA/Hero. I suggest you look up the meaning of the word redundant.
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Edited 10 November 2015 - 1:59 pm by 23RaidingParty
Check his games. Stop making yourself look stupid.

It's not redundant when it makes things easier and faster for you (even if it only makes a small difference), which it does in CBA/Hero. I suggest you look up the meaning of the word redundant.

understood.
i swear i thought polaris wrote this, wow, you two talk really similar
what next? are you going to suggest that i change my username to Facepalm?

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 26 posts