FP problem!

[InDuS]_TauruS__

Posted 27 September 2015 - 10:06 am
Hi, I read all the threads over here and I tried whatever was suggested in there but it doesnt't work for me. After having changed my isp, I've been getting a lot of FPs. I have forwarded my ports, disabled pc firewall, disabled dmz and upnp, enabled ping access on wan.
The network diagnostics tool says that my ports are not forwarded and there is a connection failure.
I have a cable network, Totolink Model No.N200RE is the router. There is a modem, and a router through which I'm connecting via wifi.
Any help would be appreciated!
Link | Reply | Quote
 +arslan

Posted 27 September 2015 - 9:08 pm
...The network diagnostics tool says that my ports are not forwarded and there is a connection failure...

Hi [InDuS]_TauruS__,

The Voobly Network Diagnostics Tool is not Working properly and any "Connection Failure" Result is not just because of you, it is a Server issue.
...I have forwarded my ports, disabled pc firewall, disabled dmz and upnp, enabled ping access on wan...

If you are sure that everything from your side is OK try using different Ports e.g. UDP 27000 or UDP 29000.
Also make sure you have a Static IP and not a Dynamic Local Ip address in case it changes on restart.

How to configure a static ip address

If you are still seeing others as FP then try changing(or lending from friend) Your Modem/Router to test if it is your Modem/Router blocking direct connections.

Solve Fast Proxy and Connectivity issues
Link | Reply | Quote
 [InDuS]_TauruS__

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:06 pm
I'm using a static ip, and changing the ports didn't help either :/ I guess someone might need to use teamviewer and help me!
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 27 September 2015 - 11:44 pm
hi
Quote:
Totolink Model No.N200RE is the router. There is a modem,
the Totolink appears to be just a router. [ does it have the latest firmware?]what is the modem make/model number?
is the static ip assigned from your isp? you dont use ppoe?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [InDuS]_TauruS__

Posted 28 September 2015 - 7:30 pm
Is there any free VPN that I could try?
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 28 September 2015 - 11:42 pm
Quote:
what is the modem make/model number?
google.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [InDuS]_TauruS__

Posted 29 September 2015 - 7:05 pm
I tried using Hotspot shield. It fixes the FP issue 100%, but it increases the latency =/
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:24 pm
Quote:
what is the modem make/model number?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [InDuS]_TauruS__

Posted 30 September 2015 - 3:42 pm
**** sorry, Cable on Cloud ECX2004.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 1 October 2015 - 2:44 pm
hi
cannt see any references to this any were Cable on Cloud ECX2004
is that all the info on the modem? nothing else on the back of it? does your modem connect directly to a cable/fibre entry point to your home?
can you make a direct connection to the modem?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [InDuS]_TauruS__

Posted 1 October 2015 - 4:07 pm
There's a coaxial cable going into the modem and an RJ 45 to the router from the modem. I can connect to the modem using an ethernet cable but no internet access.

There's serial number and stuff at the back, nothing more.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 1 October 2015 - 6:47 pm
hi
ok ta.
was just trying top see if it was a router as well as a modem. if you can access it its easy to see. router will have advanced features, dhcp, port forwarding etc. is your net connection set up as a static ip from the isp or as ppoe?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [InDuS]_TauruS__

Posted 1 October 2015 - 7:09 pm
It's ppoe, but I can assign a static internal ip to it.
Link | Reply | Quote
 kitt

Posted 1 October 2015 - 11:45 pm
hi
yes you should be able to.
assuming the modem is just a modem and forwarding/virtual server is using the playing pc private ip i cannt see why you get the results you have
totolink manual
[You must login to view link]

try this free port checker and recheck.
[You must login to view link]
Network Utilities Bundle.
16000udp.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [InDuS]_TauruS__

Posted 3 October 2015 - 8:17 pm
As I mentioned in my first post, I have already done that and the port checker tool says that it's not open. If I use a vpn it fixes almost all the fps though. Any idea? :/

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 21 posts