RCB Fair Mod Discussion

MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 18 June 2017 - 4:03 pm by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
I am intrigued by your suggestion about putting the option in to build stone walls...

I think if it were to be implemented it'd have to have a cap associated with it. Goths would need to be altered in fair mod as well. Honestly for all the hassle... It's probably just easy to edit the design of the base for all civs.

That is, right now I did alter the new map to have palisades on the side of a persons base instead of stone/fortified wall. Here's a real idea though... Put stone/fortied wall around the whole pyramid but change its unit class so it's easy for units like, Beli, William, etc. to take it down. This would also serve as a good distraction in a harald war/getting rushed and would add more to base defense. I am intrigued by this. I may have to log on and play if the player base agrees.

I still am for keeping the side palisade there in the new version.

What do people think about increasing the number of castles the Persians can buy to 3 or 4 as well? So they'd have 5-6 castles prior to having to build with villager. I was playing against Rizi the other day and I can't remember what civ he was but he out popped my elephants and I couldn't do jack in the beginning game. I wish I remembered the exact situation. The above wall idea would do well against an elephant rush in your base too since the elephants would attack the wall around he pyramid.

Edit: Looking at win rate for Persians maybe I was just out of practice. However, maybe it could be changed so they could buy 3 (instead of 2) and their creation speed could be decreased slightly.

Edit2: The hp ofr stone/fortified would likely have to be reduced as well.
Link | Reply | Quote
 M_Ausaf

Posted 18 June 2017 - 2:12 pm
we dont need that mod
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 18 June 2017 - 3:08 pm
M_Ausaf wrote:
we dont need that mod

You're going to have to be specific. We've been talking about many things.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Edited 18 June 2017 - 7:44 pm by ['RB']nhoobish
Note: Reverting Khan AP change later today.

Edit: Reverted it.

Map List:
=V= 10th Legion CB v2.scx
=V= RCB Gold 2011.scx
=V= RCB Gold 2013 F12.scx
=V= RCB 2016 League.scx
=V= RCB 2017 League (Redesign).scx
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 18 June 2017 - 10:54 pm
This is the correct version to use: =V= RCB 2017 League v2.scx

Also, in fair mod I think Harald should be changed back to the way he was in 2011 v2.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Edited 19 June 2017 - 3:33 am by MeTrOiD_WeaPoN
William range of 1 is overpowered. Needs to be reverted back with the changes in the new map.

I honestly would have to relearn AOK trigger studio/modding so even if I had admin to do it I don't remember how...

These things should be done in the mod though for sure:
1) Khan back to original stats
2) Take away william 1 range

Optional but imo would probably make sense:
1) give harald back his original stats or something close to it

edit: people are saying something about Harald's range but I'm not sure what they're talking about.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 19 June 2017 - 6:41 am
Frank Harald has 6 range now. I am not reverting William until the new version is the main scenario.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:27 am
Have you heard feedback from anyone playing the 2016 map in regards to William? Also, mixed reviews so far in regards to the changes but mostly positive.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 21 June 2017 - 7:13 am
People seem interested in trying out new strategies, I have not actually managed to see a single William win yet though, have watched 7 games only aswell, but I do think people are slightly overreacting.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [DZ]Devil_liveD

Posted 21 June 2017 - 1:17 pm
Willimas have slower attack rate compared to beli . So people pick beli cause that additional +100hp per king and cheap. It can be bought within 20 mins ( in game time )
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 21 June 2017 - 2:38 pm
Interesting, every game of the 2017 map I've played if someone buys William they have won. It's happened four times I believe.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MMO_Executioner

Posted 21 June 2017 - 5:21 pm
More editing. Keep editing until the person who is the lowest in the points can win.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 21 June 2017 - 9:51 pm
More editing. Keep editing until the person who is the lowest in the points can win.

+1
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 24 June 2017 - 10:35 pm
So many people constantly viewing this thread the last few days and no comments. Odd.
Link | Reply | Quote
 MeTrOiD_WeaPoN

Posted 26 June 2017 - 1:55 am
Just an fyi. I did ask Mich to add me as administrator to the mod again. I'm not saying you should be removed but I just want to be added back to change a few things.

I also think removing gates completely is the wrong move. They should just cost a lot more imo.

Link | Reply | Quote
12345678[9]10
Displaying 121 - 135 out of 143 posts