A new custom map called "State of War"

otadmor

Edited 24 November 2014 - 10:33 pm by otadmor
newest version here
http://www.voobly.com/forum/thread/206647/:990579#post990579

see suggested mod here
http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/414/Gathering-point

Hello,
I have created a new map, which is called State of war.

It is based on the "State of War game". The basic idea - You "convert" all buildings you destroy.

It means - if you have destroyed a barracks - you will be able to make militia from this barracks.
The is no resource gathering, so you get the resources from building you convert. If you convert lumbercamp, you will get some wood each few seconds. same for a mill and mining camp.
As you get some kills, you will advance to new ages (like in cba, but not fair).
You dont need to make units on you own, they are made for you, based on your researches (like in cba).

You can win the game by killing all of the enemies units, or by taking down the headquarters (a castle).

You also have a special unit call advanturer. it can fix your buildings (so it will be harder for the enemy to capture them) and build towers (which probably you wont be doing because you get small amount of stones from the mining camp).
The advanturer is actually a villager (daah).

The blacksmith have a special role here - if you have 2 blacksmiths - the advanturer will be stronger.

This should cover about it all. See the screenshots below (the new version has a better terrain look).

I would like to have your opinions about it and if you like, pm me and we will have a fight. i made a first version of this and im opened for some suggestions / balancing issues.

Attachments:
AOK004.png (file size: 1.28 MB)
AOK003.png (file size: 1.22 MB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 15 November 2014 - 7:12 pm
You should also attach the scenario to your post.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ghost_0

Posted 15 November 2014 - 7:30 pm
its only for 1v1 ! but it not bad
Link | Reply | Quote
 otadmor

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:50 am
i have some fixes coming soon. sorry i hadnt attached it yet.
It will be much more awsome tomorrow as i fixed a conversion bug, which converts to GAIA instead of the other player (which in some cases will convert to the original player).

Its about 10 triggers per building though, with only 2 players.
Beside the amount of needed triggers for each player/building it is impossible to make this map for more players as it is impossible to know which player razed a certain building.

Thanks for the comments.
Link | Reply | Quote
 otadmor

Edited 17 November 2014 - 1:46 am by otadmor
Hey all,
I just fixed all the previous known issuesand added some stables, archeries and siege.
This map is starting to be very interesting for me. the computer just beat me, but then i won twice :-)

this map has one big problem as i see it - the buildings are close, so your units can camp in one area and kill units from close buildings.

i hope you will enjoy the new version i attached. i am going to improve it and add some more units tomorrow, and i might change the layout of the whole map in the future.

i will be glad to hear some comments.

btw - do one of you know of an easier way to create a scenario. im looking for something i can use my keyboard and use script like language. i want to be able to copy and paste triggers, and edit them directly, and textualy, without the mouse.

I also added a recorded game i just had with someone on voobly.
Attachments:
state_of_war_demo_0_2.scx (file size: 7.92 KB)
rec.20141117-012217.mgz (file size: 2.05 MB)
AOK005.png (file size: 1.31 MB)
AOK009.png (file size: 1.05 MB)
AOK011.png (file size: 1.32 MB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 M__ZerO__

Posted 17 November 2014 - 1:51 am
seems pretty awesome ! ;yahoo
Link | Reply | Quote
 [aGx]duckcity

Posted 17 November 2014 - 1:57 am
you could re-purpose the oft-used antidelete triggers to give the building to whoever killed it rather than just checking to make sure they werent deleted - i think.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ErouLegendar

Edited 17 November 2014 - 8:18 am by ErouLegendar
Good Job ! :D

You must login into Voobly to view image
Link | Reply | Quote
 otadmor

Edited 18 November 2014 - 3:39 pm by otadmor
Thank you all.

[aGx]duckcity - i didnt understood what did you said.
currently, when you delete your own building, it automatically changed to your opponent. it seems pretty fair, since you shouldnt be doing it. its like a punishment.

GhostHunter_ - GhostHunter was my old nick :-)

I added all the units i wanted. There are over 200 triggers and im pretty sure i have bugs.

Known bugs and Issues:
1) when the villiger starts gathering a resource or building a tower, it looses its speed and a new villiger is created. for some reason, the trigger system doesnt recognizes a lumberjack or a builder as a villiger. if any of you know how to fix it, please tell me.

2) i would like to reduce the amount of wood in each tree, so new units will come faster with less effort. If you know how to do this, please tell me also.

3) p1 skirmishers dont move - fixed

Hopefully, i will have much time today to play and find some bugs.
Attachments:
state_of_war_demo_0_3.scx (file size: 10.13 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 otadmor

Edited 18 November 2014 - 11:51 pm by otadmor
I have changed the hp of a building and fixed some bug.
Attachments:
state_of_war_demo_0_4.scx (file size: 10.82 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 19 November 2014 - 9:16 am
Custom Scenario and Game Mod Designing Contest ;1thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 otadmor

Edited 20 November 2014 - 12:10 am by otadmor
All critical issues were solved!
I have fixed the double vill bug, and now, only one vill is created at all time.

Though, now, when a villiger goes mine or lumber, it looses its stats. I will have to find a way to fix it.

and i still havent found a way to reduce a tree's wood.

how do i sign up to the contest?
Attachments:
state_of_war_demo_0_5.scx (file size: 10.83 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 20 November 2014 - 10:15 am
otadmor wrote:
how do i sign up to the contest?

You have to post your map at the correct category (make sure it's fit for contest rules).
Link | Reply | Quote
 otadmor

Edited 22 November 2014 - 1:33 pm by otadmor
Hi,
I have changed to map terrain (randomally generated) and increased the amount of possible units.
Its much more fun, much more messy, and the winner will not be decided on the first minute (like in last versions).
Its much harder to take control over the map, because of its size.
I think that in this way more players can play be cooperate. currently its hard for me to control all of the units (but im a noob :-), it doesnt count).

I hope you will enjoy it.

Its not the last version. in this version i removed all of the resources you should mine to get better units because i want to check the triggers and see that all of the unit-making triggers are correct.
If you see any problem, please tell me.

I have some questions:

1) someone knows how to prevent relic card from beying captured at all? im looking for something the user can move, but it cannot be attacked or converted.
2) how can i tell who plays my map and how many time people played it? i want to get comments and to see if people like it.

Ofir.

PS One day i will be able to make a mod out of it. I just need to figure how to start.
Attachments:
state_of_war_woods_0_7.scx (file size: 40.48 KB)
AOK013.png (file size: 1.18 MB)
state_of_war_woods_0_8.scx (file size: 41.05 KB)

Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 22 November 2014 - 11:35 pm
otadmor wrote:
Hi,I have some questions:

1) someone knows how to prevent relic card from beying captured at all? im looking for something the user can move, but it cannot be attacked or converted.
Just via modding.
otadmor wrote:
2) how can i tell who plays my map and how many time people played it? i want to get comments and to see if people like it.
Map if rated can be followed by ladder reading only.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 20 posts