Community Forums > General > General Discussion > AOK Tournaments and News!

AOK Tournaments and News!

Horror_Duck

Group: Standard Membership
Edited 23 October 2014 - 2:03 am by Horror_Duck
The problem is the level of aok is so low now, that winning an aok tournament really isn't prize worthy at all. All players should be allowed to enter if you want to make aok popular (how does only letting people who already play it help to make it more popular?).

This is coming from an 'aoker' or at least 'ex' aoker.
+
Quote:
I honestly dont see the harm in letting aoc players participate in the tournaments. So what if they win the aok tournament, it shows that the aoc player was able to adapt to a new set of rules and skills quickly and effectively. All in all we want more people participating in this community as a whole and if we continue to separate the two communities how do you expect us to grow?
Totally agree, if anything when these tournaments take place and players get practising, the AoK players learn more off the AoC players as they're better and experienced. Also, I personally think it's harder to adapt to AoC than AoK due to such a big patrol delay and skill level.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Faravahar

Posted 23 October 2014 - 2:35 am
Also, I personally think it's harder to adapt to AoC than AoK due to such a big patrol delay and skill level.
It's not hard for either AoKers or AoCers to adapt since userpatch was enabled (or at least shouldn't be) as there is barely any difference in the patrol.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Horror_Duck

Posted 23 October 2014 - 3:51 am
Faravahar wrote:
It's not hard for either AoKers or AoCers to adapt since userpatch was enabled (or at least shouldn't be) as there is barely any difference in the patrol.
There's still a delay even with the patch. :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Slash

Posted 23 October 2014 - 4:59 am
Okay We will let everyone join but don't complain here after.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Slash

Posted 23 October 2014 - 5:27 am
I llike how everyone here comes with all the negative comments here and all. After ages we're gonna host few tournies and I don't want anyone to complain about this after its done. Don't complain about how aoc players came and take your prizes and fun out. I'll host the above mentioned tournament and I'll let you guys to host your own stuff and I won't get involved.

Cheers
Link | Reply | Quote
 [eRa]Turkie

Edited 23 October 2014 - 6:23 am by [eRa]Turkie
Current the level, our lobby - AOK - is very low, and to be honest, it makes no sense to involve players from aoc with high level on many maps.

I do not see what might be interesting to play in a non-competitive tournament for all those who always participate in the real tournament with a good level in the aoc.

anyway, if this helps the community aok, good luck with this.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Slash

Posted 23 October 2014 - 5:57 am
Aoc players are in top form , look at the vcom events , more than 4-5 tournaments per month. Where as the Aok community lacks the competitive events , so they are (what ever they say) has stucked in their skill levels and some haven't played Aok in ages but post in forums etc. So my idea was to get the Aokers come together and play few tournies and get g.r folks here as well.

Link | Reply | Quote
 night_owl__

Posted 23 October 2014 - 6:37 am
They can take our prizes but they cant take our freedom!
Link | Reply | Quote
 GokuBlack_

Group: Gold Membership
Posted 23 October 2014 - 7:05 am
there's just nothing to offer for aok players, tourny prizes here are not so special or great compared to what aoc sponsors give to their community. besides, you can't force someone out of their homes, they're not gonna come play in voobly if you have nothing to give them. even if you do, they can't be bothered switching servers cuz in GR they are comfortable playing in a beginner level whereas voobly players play in a much more competitive level and they don't like it. so it just won't work. you can take that as constructive criticism or negativity it's up to you
Link | Reply | Quote
 Kvell3x

Group: Silver Membership
Posted 23 October 2014 - 7:14 am
Aoc players are in top form , look at the vcom events , more than 4-5 tournaments per month. Where as the Aok community lacks the competitive events , so they are (what ever they say) has stucked in their skill levels and some haven't played Aok in ages but post in forums etc. So my idea was to get the Aokers come together and play few tournies and get g.r folks here as well.
+1
They can take our prizes but they cant take our freedom!
rofl
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Slash

Posted 23 October 2014 - 8:06 am
We're trying to make voobly comfortable to those low level players. We'll be removing ratings and such in the future. Aok voobly will be as Gr but with an anti cheat system and proper coordination. Regular tournament will be hosted to keep them interested. So with all these plans I want to have some good tournaments and promotions.

And I got a sponsor who is willing to give 150$ as well. So yeah
Link | Reply | Quote
 [SEKC]SaoceaN

Edited 23 October 2014 - 9:16 am by [SEKC]SaoceaN
Actually the latests AoK Bloods tournaments that I can remember (Nova 2v2, Soldier Store 1v1, Nova 1v1) were won by AoK'ers (or at least ex-AoK'ers). Even a Desert Blood tournament in AoC was won by an AoK'er, so we can say that AoC'ers didn't mess the fun there, they actually increased the assistance and made the tournaments more competitive and fun.
Link | Reply | Quote
 ExpectoPatronum

Posted 23 October 2014 - 9:41 am
Actually the latests AoK Bloods tournaments that I can remember (Nova 2v2, Soldier Store 1v1, Nova 1v1) were won by AoK'ers (or at least ex-AoK'ers). Even a Desert Blood tournament in AoC was won by an AoK'er, so we can say that AoC'ers didn't mess the fun there, they actually increased the assistance and made the tournaments more competitive and fun.

Thats the point everyone is making but if slash is interested in making a tournament of 8 players, let him give a try
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Slash

Posted 23 October 2014 - 9:50 am
8 players? We got more than 20 bloods players. Alex which year are you talking about?,2012/2013? Because I don't remember a single AOK tourney in 2014.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [Eot_]Slash

Posted 23 October 2014 - 9:53 am
Thats the point everyone is making but if slash is interested in making a tournament of 8 players, let him give a try

Please stop posting here.

Link | Reply | Quote
12[3]456
Displaying 31 - 45 out of 78 posts