AoKTS updates

mullikine

Edited 23 April 2018 - 5:12 am by mullikine
Attention Windows 7 / Windows 8 users!
Install this first or you may get Side-by-side configuration error
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable Package (x86)
[You must login to view link]

Also for Windows 7 / Windows 8 users
To see the help file you need this:
Windows help file viewer
Thanks timsoft for suggesting this.

Keyboard shortcuts:
Check [You must login to view link]

Hey guys. If you can think of something you really want in aokts, let me know here. Cheers :)

If you would like to contribute, please let me know!

Original post:

HELP!
I need a list of current AOFE unit types and their ID numbers, a list of
current AOF unit types and their ID numbers and for each AOF and AOFE
unit I need to know what unit to best convert it to. E.g. Church 4 (AOF
unit 445) should be converted to Monastery (AOFE unit 104).

Thanks JustTesting1234 for your research!

Thanks Gallas for helping maintain this page when I'm too busy :)

1.2.2.79 Feature summary (Tue 09 Aug 2016 22:26:07 NZST)

NEW: Added option to remove all text files for all 16 player slots to fix a bug in Age of Empires 2 HD that caused all 16 player slots to fill their AI slots, making =HD= CBA ALLinONE_V100 1.66MB
NEW: Can now edit unit position to 2 decimal places.
BUGFIX: Fixed bug saving ludakris sized maps.
BUGFIX: Inverse conditions displayed correctly.
NEW: Trigger Scrawl.
NEW: Rearrange triggers, conditions and effects by click and drag.
BUGFIX: Rename triggers by pressing the Enter key.
BUGFIX: Edit scenario dependencies working now.
BUGFIX: New research technology effects wouldn't save. Now they do.
NEW: Edit scenario dependencies.
NEW: Edit starting age for SCX version 1.26.
NEW: Change type of all units of a given type (per player).
BUGFIX: AOHD's longer trigger names no longer crash TS.
NEW: Save African Kindoms scenarios.

Let me know if you have any requests and I'll add them to the list!

Thanks to DiGiT for making TS and JustTesting1234 for the code to AOKTS 1.1.0 and his valuable research!
Attachments:
ts.zip (file size: 511.48 KB)
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Edited 14 October 2014 - 10:25 am by 23RaidingParty
how good are you at the programming of the computer ;) ;) ;)
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 14 October 2014 - 11:15 am by [MM]Gallas
Hi Mantis, try to contact with JustTesting1234. He patched the 1.0.1 [You must login to view link].
You two can make all editor's dreams :)

I'm missing mostly the following features:
- resizable window (able to change fonts size too)
- one button to hide triggers (rename all to spacebars)
- an advanced search button for trigger (name, trigger ID, condition or effect in it and more)
- trigger ID editing

Could be great if it's possible:
- automatic mod support, like an option to load the .dat file if want (I have to write manually the xml file to make it mod-compatible)
- don't show red cross in trigger if it's have -1 to -1 area (it's not wrong, but still counting as it)

bug fixes for 1.0.1:
- listing by name not working as it should

Checked your version, it have quite lot of nice feature, but can you tell me how is your version working with normal aoc. As you wrote it's able to aoeHD to AoC, but is it able to open AoC and save to AoC without makes trouble?
Link | Reply | Quote
 JustTesting1234

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:13 am
i didnt make 1.0.1... i was working in a custom version which i called 1.1 if i remember right.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Posted 14 October 2014 - 11:19 am
Hey Gallas.

Those are some great ideas. Probably the first thing I'll do is make a "hide trigger names" button. I'm taking a look at the Advanced Genie Editor code to see if I can use any of it. In fact, it may be easier for me to patch A.G.E. to export an XML file.

Also, the version of aokts I've been working on can load and save AoC format scenarios. Just use the AoHD version. There is a little trick in there to detect which version it is. I should make that clearer.

Ghost_0
Tell me about it. I've tried to fix as many as I can find. But if there are more that I don't know about, list them here.

Suicide
Haha. Ok I guess. Just let me know what you want and I'll see if I can manage it :P
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 14 October 2014 - 11:33 am by [MM]Gallas
I use key presser at the moments for hiding triggers (f2, spacebar, enter, down arrow), but still takes few minute with 1000< triggers.

For xml I just edit techs and unit's ID to able aokts read it. A simple "load data for map if it's a mod" can be useful, if sbody try make modded map, but don't know about xml file and want to use aokts.

Yes I used the aoehd to aoc exe, but I wanted to hear confirm from you is it 100% safe.

ps: if you want I can make detailed pinned post about your aokts on voobly for others to see what is new and how to use.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:09 pm
Gallas
I just put the hide trigger names into aokts. You can download it :)

JustTesting1234
If you still have that code lying around I could prob merge it in :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Posted 14 October 2014 - 12:10 pm
Gallas
Yeah dude that would be awesome if you made a pin of it :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 ['RB']nhoobish

Posted 14 October 2014 - 1:35 pm
You should rather make a topic to the aok.heavengames forums not here. Also, if you ask nicely JustTesting could help you with this project of yours.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 14 October 2014 - 2:27 pm by [MM]Gallas
I think it will be easier if I pin this post instead of make new, so you can edit it too, not just me.

edit:
Pinned and made basic listing of features. Feel free post more tips and screenshot.
Link | Reply | Quote
 +[MM]jason

Posted 15 October 2014 - 2:27 am
We need to be able to change the firing order of triggers not just the veiw order.
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Posted 16 October 2014 - 12:24 am
JustTesting1234
I could really use another hand finishing off these features. If you're interested I could set up a github repo and we could work on it together. I'm actually pretty new to c++ myself but what I've found after reading the code for a while is this is a good project to work on in order to learn the basics. Digit's done things like coded his own string and vector classes which was completely unneccessary but cool at the same time from a learning perspective anyway. The only thing I don't like is the Windows GUI. It's pretty horrid stuff and needs to be surgically removed so that aokts can heal. Anyway I'm going to be very busy over the end of year and would be awesome if we could divide the work.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 16 October 2014 - 12:27 pm by [MM]Gallas
Mantis, just a tip:
When you update your files on aok.heavens, do it here too. Delete your current attachment, then upload your new file and add that to the "download" button.
Why? Because if you are not logged in into the forum, you cannot see non-voobly links.
This could help you show your works to more reader.

And please list changelog to show whats new in different updates, so we can follow what version we have, and see what is new in other update.
In closing you did already a great tool for all map editors and good to see you still want to improve it ;1thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 mullikine

Posted 18 October 2014 - 9:00 am
Gallas and [MMCrew]jizzy, I just made it so u can mass-reorder triggers. Test it out for me!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 18 October 2014 - 9:27 am by [MM]Gallas
The Operation buttons not really clear how to use and I got crash too when I wrote too big number :S
Also new idea:
unit ID shorting with trigger target too. So it's listing unit's id down from unrealistic numbers, but without forgetting the triggers. So if a trigger renaming the unit (id 58282757) and shorted it down to 94, then trigger will rename the new id not the old.
Not sure it's necessary (how big numbers affecting on game lag and stability), but for editing it's easier to see smaller numbers than millions, while mostly no more unit on map than few hundreds or thousands.

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]2345678910111213141516
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 240 posts