Map/Mod Idea #4 (Deffence Game)

Rambit

Posted 19 September 2014 - 10:48 pm
One player starts with a super strong flying unit, could either be something like a dragon or a spaceship thing from SWGB, doesn't really matter. All other players just start with a TC and a bunch of villys. It would be a 1 vs 7 (or maybe 2 vs 6?). Idea similar to PTO but gameplay nothing like it. Walls would be useless and enemy just has one unit.

Player with the flyer could have some gold miners or something and a little store to upgrade the flyer. Will need this as the flyer would need to be restricted to their base at the start so others could build. Should be able to buy monks and power ups. I imagine the game play would be the flyer coming and attacking then retreating to heal.

Other players should have plenty of res around them as having a flyer come attack them would be enough restriction on its own.

Would be a time limit the player with the flyer has to kill everyone, after that the other players would win.

Please someone make this ;sweating
Link | Reply | Quote
 _Hacks

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:07 pm
I already have a flying bone dragon SLP :) if someone is interested <3.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ViCiouS]Marauder

Posted 19 September 2014 - 11:53 pm
Two players hunting would be much better than one.
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 20 September 2014 - 10:40 am by [MM]Gallas
_Hacks wrote:
I already have a flying bone dragon SLP :) if someone is interested <3.

I have Star Destroyers. The idea itself can be pretty easy to make.
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:08 am
*points at gallas* he's the man
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Edited 20 September 2014 - 10:26 pm by Rambit
Quote:
I have Star Destroyers. The idea itself can be pretty easy to make.
I'm sure you could make it in a day and I bet it would be a heap of fun to play. I wish I had the time to make it myself but the little spare time I do get I have to spend working on my apps so I can't :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 21 September 2014 - 12:24 am by [MM]Gallas
Okay, Hacks and me will give a shot for it. I have few epic idea how this can be fun map without it's taking more than a week work after all data has been collected. (we can use any spaceship from AoG) but we want something new if possible.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Icey

Edited 21 September 2014 - 12:45 am by Icey
What is this nonsense about making stuff in a day or even a week. If the idea is truely good to implement it And then designing a fun map takes atleast a month. Ive seen gallus make mod after mod and not a single one was finished. Duck hunting... So many possibilities
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 21 September 2014 - 3:13 am
Quote:
What is this nonsense about making stuff in a day or even a week. If the idea is truely good to implement it And then designing a fun map takes atleast a month. Ive seen gallus make mod after mod and not a single one was finished. Duck hunting... So many possibilities
Most of the maps I have made took less than a week. It takes longer to test and balance but something like this wouldn't take much to get the first version out. All you have to do is make a new unit and make a map with a little store and the win/lose triggers and you are done.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 21 September 2014 - 3:13 am
Quote:
Okay, Hacks and me will give a shot for it. I have few epic idea how this can be fun map without it's taking more than a week work after all data has been collected. (we can use any spaceship from AoG) but we want something new if possible.
Yay! Can't wait to see the final result!
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 26 September 2014 - 4:53 pm by [MM]Gallas
Rambit wrote:
Yay! Can't wait to see the final result!

Okay I finished it (sadly Hacks late from editing :P).

The result is: http://www.voobly.com/gamemods/mod/372/Terror-of-the-Dragon

No scenario, no triggers, just mod. You can play it with any random map (except nomad). Hunter player is the reworked Aztecs civilization. Original units/techs not available. When the Dragon die, the Dragon nest (tc as research center for hunter) will automatic destroy itself.
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 26 September 2014 - 10:15 pm
Looks great! Love the idea of no map, always liked the idea of that. Also means people can make maps to go with it too.
Link | Reply | Quote
 JeeL4u

Posted 27 September 2014 - 6:32 pm
again well done... . A cool new game :)
Link | Reply | Quote
 Rambit

Posted 27 September 2014 - 9:22 pm
Can someone post some more screenshots?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Edited 27 September 2014 - 10:40 pm by [MM]Gallas
Rambit wrote: