Age of Galactica - mod GUIDE

[MM]Gallas

Edited 30 June 2018 - 6:44 pm by [MM]Gallas
Forget everything what you know about medieval age of empires... start think with spaceships.

logo_big.png
Contents:

ENGLISH

Features:
  • 90+ playable units
  • 20+ custom buildings (aka planets)
  • 100+ researchable (and other 100 non) technology
  • 300+ custom textures, icons and graphics
  • 200+ new sounds
  • New Civilizations with bonuses
  • Custom economy system
  • One Custom Random map
  • Full support for Regicide, King of the Hill and any game mode
  • You can make your own CS map with this mod
  • network_down.PNG Offline game support: [You must login to view link]

This guide shows basic stuffs about this mod.

How to host

host.PNG

The mod itself contain one custom random map NOT SCENARIO (later can be be some fan-made map).
The only game rule which must be fixed is the Resources: standard because if it's different you can have wood/food/stone while it's unused. If you try use other map, or different random map the game looks ugly or can crash. In addition computer's Ai cannot play this mod.

This is how looks a random map at begin (click on image for bigger picture):
mapshot1.PNG

Economy

You starting with one Planetary Center (aka TC), 3 (more with some civ) Colonization Ships (aka Villagers) and one Scout Ship.
1.PNG

Your buildings (except few) generating gold (it's upgradeable later)
4.PNG

To gather it, left click on Colonization Ship, and right click on planet (like farms)
3.PNG

To maximal the incoming gold try avoid use all gatherer in one planet. When a planet reach 0 gold, then gatherers cannot work 100%. The best is, when your planet's gold really slowly increasing and not overfarmed.
7.PNG

Terraforming

Terraforming (aka build a building) is your way to make more planets (buildings). You can build only on an Unpopulated planets!
Click on a Colonization ship, then buildings:
5.PNG

Then place it on an Unpopulated planet:
6.PNG

Here a list from ALL possible buildings:
8.PNG

1. (green): Houses, giving huge amount of gold and increasing pop. (2. and 3. house need research after 3. age)

2. blue: Ground Research Laboratory and Space Research Laboratory (aka blacksmiths) allow you research technologies for your Invasion Units and Spaceships. (only from 2. age)

3. red: Civilian and Military Research Center (aka Universities) allow you the research technologies for your planets. (only from 3. age)

4. yellow: Trading planet (aka Market) allow you to make Trading ships and tribute gold to other player. The resources trading useless, but it's cannot be removed from game without removing the tribute option too.

5. purple: Planetary Center and Death Star (aka wonder).

Trading Ship can trade with Independent Merchants (gaia spaceships) You are not allowed to trade with other player's Trading planets, only gaia spaceships!
15.PNG

On map you can see 5 Golden Asteroids (aka Relics).
16.PNG

Trading Ships can pick it up, and drop to Research Center.
17.PNG

2. building page:
9.PNG

1. red: Factories. You can create your military units here.

2. blue: Turret Planets (aka towers) Defending you. (2. 3. and 4. turret need research)

3. green: Fortified Planet (aka castle) Strong defensive planet and allows you research special technologies (no civ based units.... yet)

Fighting

As you know, Spaceships can be created in Spaceship Factory in 2. building page, but you also allows here new units:
10.PNG

Don't forget 2. page after 2. age!
11.PNG

Your Invader Factory can make Invasion Units (aka monks), but it can only Conquer Planets (but not all type)
12.PNG

You can destroy a planet with your ships:
13.PNG

Or invade it:
14.PNG

FAQ

Q: I cannot download the mod from web! WHY?
A: You have to install Voobly client on your PC with aoe2.

Q: Why this mod downloading slower than other mods?
A: This mod changed many elements of base game, it's bigger than usual mods.

Q: My download stucked at 99%
A: Be patient! When download reach 99% it's unzip into your Voobly mod folder and it takes time (depends on your pc performance).

Q: I like this mod, but could you make just a Star Wars mod?
A: No, I won't make Star Wars mod, if you would prefer that, you can make your own CS map with my mod and rename units by triggers, or just try Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds

Q: I like the Imperium Galactica part of this mod, can you give me the original game?
A: No I can't, but you still can buy it from stores (google it for details).

Q: I cannot trade with other player's Market!
A: You can only trade with gaia Independent Merchants.

Q: The mod not use wood/food/stone, why you not removed it from market?
A: To allow player tribute resources to other player you have to own a market, but the market have the trade feature too. This two can not be separated. If no trade, then no tribute too.

Q: I Picket up the Golden Asteroid, where can i drop it?
A: Into the Military Research Center

Q: I tried make my own Custom map with this mod, but Trigger Studio cannot see new units.
A: You have to edit in TS folder the data_aok.xml file and add new ids.

Video

Gameplay with ['RB']nhoobish

The Basics: Exploring Age by Your_momma

Screenshots

screen2.png

screen3.png

screen4.png

screen13.png

screen5.png

screen6.png

screen7.png

screen8.png

screen9.png

screen10.png

screen11.png

screen12.png

screen13.png

screen14.png

screen15.png

screen16.png

screen17.png

screen18.png

ESPANYOL

Spanish%20Flag.png

Guía en Español traducida por SaoceaN.

Olvídate de todo lo que sabes acerca de la Era Medieval de los Imperios... comienza a pensar en naves espaciales.

logo_big.png

Características:
  • 90+ unidades jugables.
  • 20+ Construcciones Personalizadas (Ó Planetas).
  • 100+ desarrollables (y otras 100 no desarrollables) tecnologías.
  • 300+ texturas personalizadas, iconos y gráficas.
  • 200+ nuevos sonidos.
  • Nuevas Civilizaciones con Bonos.
  • Sistema de Economía Personalizado.
  • Un Mapa Aleatorio Personalizado.
  • Soporte completo para Regicida, Rey de la Colina y cualquier otro modo de juego.
  • Puedes crear tu propio Escenario Personalizado con esta modificación.
  • network_down.PNG Soporte para juegos offline: [You must login to view link]

Esta guía te mostrará las cosas básicas acerca de esta modificación.

Como hostear

host.PNG

La modificación por si misma contiene un Mapa Aleatorio Personalizado. NO ES UN ESCENARIO (en un futuro puede haber alguno hecho por fans).

La única regla del juego que debe de ser ajustada es la de Recursos: Estándar, porque si es diferente puedes tener madera/comida/piedra mientras está inutilizada. Si intentas usar otro mapa u otro Mapa Aleatorio el juego puede verse feo y cerr**** (crashe****). En adición, la Inteligencia Artificial de la computadora no puede jugar esta modificación.

Así es como un Mapa Aleatorio se ve al principio (click en la imagen para ampliar):
mapshot1.PNG

Economía

Iniciarás con un un Centro Planetario (Ó Centro Urbano), 3 (pueden ser más dependiendo de la civilización) Naves Colonizadoras (Ó Aldeanos) y una Nave Exploradora.
1.PNG

Tus edificaciones (excepto algunas) generan oro (esto es desarrollable más tarde):
4.PNG

Para recolectarlo, da click izquierdo en una Nave Colonizadora y click derecho en el planeta (como si fueran unas granjas):
3.PNG

Para maximizar la recolección de oro evita usar todos los recolectores en un planeta. Cuando un planeta se queda sin oro estos no pueden trabajar al 100%. Lo mejor sería que el oro de tu planeta crezca lentamente y no esté sobre producido:
7.PNG

Terraformación

Terraformación (Ó Construcción) es la manera en la que puedes crear más planetas (edificios). ¡Sólo puedes construir en planetas deshabitados! Click en la Nave Colonizadora y luego en Edificios:
5.PNG

Colócalo en un Planeta Deshabitado:
6.PNG

Está es una lista de TODOS los edificios posibles:
8.PNG

1. Verde: Casas, dan una cantidad enorme de oro e incrementa la capacidad de población.

2. Azul: Laboratorio de Investigación Terrestre y Laboratorio de Investigación Espacial (Ó Herrerías) te permiten desarrollar tecnologías para tus Unidades de Invasión y Naves Espaciales (Sólo de la Edad 2).

3. Rojo: Centro de Investigación Civil y Militar (Ó Universidades) te permiten desarrollar tecnologías para tus Planetas (Sólo de la Edad 3).

4. Amarillo: Planeta Comercial (Ó Mercado) te permite crear Naves de Comercio y pagar tributos de Oro a otros jugadores. El comercio de recursos es inservible, pero no se puede remover del juego sin desactivar la opción de tributo.

5. Púrpura: Centro Planetario y Estrella de la Muerte (Ó Maravilla).

Las Naves de Comercio pueden comercializar con Comerciantes Independientes (Naves Espaciales Gaia). ¡No tienes permitido comercializar con los Planetas Comerciales de otro jugador, sólo con las Naves Espaciales Gaia!

15.PNG

En el mini-mapa puedes ver 5 Asteroides de Oro (Ó Reliquias).

16.PNG

Las Naves de Comercio pueden recogerlas y guardarlas en el Centro de Investigación:

17.PNG

Edificios

9.PNG

1. Rojo: Fábricas. Puedes crear tus unidades militares aquí.

2. Azul: Planetas Torreta (Ó Torres). Sirven de defensa (torre 2, 3 y 4 necesitan desarrollo).

3. Verde: Planeta Fortificado (Ó Castillo). Fuerte planeta defensivo que te permite desarrollar tecnologías especiales (no hay bonos basados en civilizaciones... aún).

Pelear

Como ya sabes, las Naves Espaciales pueden ser creadas en la Fábrica de Naves Espaciales en la segunda página de Edificios, estás también te permiten crear/desarrollar mejores unidades:

10.PNG

¡No te olvides de la segunda página de construcción después de la Edad 2!:

11.PNG

Tu Fabrica de Invasión puede crear Unidades de Invasión (Ó Monjes), pero sólo pueden conquistar Planetas de Conquista (y no todos):

12.PNG

Puedes destruir un planeta con tus naves:

13.PNG

Ó invadirlo:

14.PNG

PMF

P: ¡No puedo descargar la modificación desde la Web! ¿Por qué?
R: Tienes que instalar tanto el cliente de Voobly, como el Aoe II en tu computadora.

P: ¿Por qué está modificación se tarda más en descargar, en comparación de otras?
R: Esta modificación cambia muchos elementos de la base del juego, es más grande en comparación con otras modificaciones.

P: Mi descarga está atorada en el 99%.
R: ¡Se paciente! Cuando la descarga alcanza el 99% se descomprime en la carpeta de modificaciones de Voobly y toma un tiempo (dependiendo de la velocidad de tu PC).

P: Me gusta esta modificación, pero ¿podrías simplemente crear una de la Guerra de las Galaxias?
R: No, no crearé una de la Guerra de las Galaxias, si prefieres eso, puedes crear tu propio Escenario Personalizado con mi modificación y renombrer las unidades con Desencadenadores, ó simplemente jugar Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds.

P: Me gusta la parte Imperium Galactica de esta modificación, ¿me podrías proporcionar el juego original?
R: No puedo, pero aún puedes comprarlo en tiendas (Googlealo para más detalles).

P: ¡No puedo comerciar con el Mercado de otro jugador!
R: Sólo puedes comerciar con los Comerciantes Independientes Gaia.

P: Este mod no usa madera/comida/piedra, ¿por qué no lo removiste del Mercado?
R: Para permitir que un jugador pague tributos a otros jugadores necesitas tener tu propio Mercado, este tiene también la opción.

P: Recogí el Asteroide de Oro, ¿dónde puedo guardarlo?
R: Dentro del Centro de Investigación Militar.

P: Intenté hacer mi propio Escenario Personalizado con este mod, pero el Trigger Studio no detecta las unidades nuevas.
R: Tienes que editar en la carpeta del TS el archivo data_aok.xml y agregar nuevas ID's.

Vídeos

El juego con ['RB']nhoobish

Lo básico: Exploring Age con Your_momma

Pantallazo

screen2.png

screen3.png

screen4.png

screen13.png

screen5.png

screen6.png

screen7.png

screen8.png

screen9.png

screen10.png

screen11.png

screen12.png

screen13.png

screen14.png

screen15.png

screen16.png

screen17.png

screen18.png

Link | Reply | Quote
 ExpectoPatronum

Posted 13 August 2014 - 1:45 pm
Nice Work!!
I hope we will be playing Call of Duty and Battlefield inside Aoe one day
Link | Reply | Quote
 23RaidingParty

Posted 13 August 2014 - 1:58 pm
stronk worg ;1thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 4V3NG3R_

Posted 13 August 2014 - 2:08 pm
Its freat ;yahoo
Link | Reply | Quote
 Popemi

Posted 13 August 2014 - 2:19 pm
OMG! ;thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ochin

Posted 13 August 2014 - 2:25 pm
The amount of work put into this is insane! ;thumbup
Link | Reply | Quote
 Slash

Posted 13 August 2014 - 2:26 pm
GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 13 August 2014 - 2:31 pm
Ochin wrote:
The amount of work put into this is insane! ;thumbup

You don't wanna know how many and I still not finished it. ^^
Link | Reply | Quote
 L

Posted 13 August 2014 - 2:53 pm
Wow !
Link | Reply | Quote
 Slash

Posted 13 August 2014 - 3:04 pm
Gallas you're a genius!
Link | Reply | Quote
 Ajmal_

Posted 13 August 2014 - 5:06 pm
atlast long awaited game ;yahoo
Link | Reply | Quote
 [ A ]lVl0NsT3lZ

Posted 13 August 2014 - 7:30 pm
Good work, is it playable in single player mode with comp?
Link | Reply | Quote
 [MM]Gallas

Posted 13 August 2014 - 7:32 pm
Good work, is it playable in single player mode with comp?

If you write an Ai for it it's possible ^^ but at the moment not :(
Link | Reply | Quote
 FIz

Posted 13 August 2014 - 7:33 pm
What the hell ?
Link | Reply | Quote
 eqwdsrfgrtghd

Posted 14 August 2014 - 1:09 am
why do creative people make............

Link | Reply | Quote
[1]23
Displaying 1 - 15 out of 45 posts